“Awesome place, best place to stay in allepey”
Review of Palm Beach Resort

Palm Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Alappuzha
“Awesome place, best place to stay in allepey”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here for two days with my wife for honeymoon, it is really good, staff is courteous, location - awesome, beach view from your room, if u come to allepey, its d place to stay, value for money, not too expensive

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Abhishek B
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Alleppey Palm Beach Resort, Kerala. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

We will also take a note about the points mentioned by you to make the service reach new heights.. Thanks once again for the stay and review and we will look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at info@alleppeypalmbeachresort.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed one night there during our Kerala trip. On first glampse, it looks OK. But later on we realized there was no hot water and "someone would come the next day to fix it" (surprisingly, other users have been reporting no hot water for weeks). The manager brought a bucket with hot water, but that is inconvenient and only for once. Later, we discovered that the sheets were stained and with other peoples hair. And as we were placed next to the reception desk, we had to bear with the unattended receptionists cell phone going off at 6.00 in the morning. The good things about the hotel is its location and its breakfast though.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank dleusden
Hereford
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our room (platinum 4) had a fantastic frontline view of the beach - the bathroom was large but there was no hot water, no wifi in the room and the doors out to the balcony not very secure. There are about 4 sunbeds which are extremely uncomfortable as they do not have pads on the wooden boards. The property is desperately in need of some fresh paint outside and in the internal areas.

We had dinner in the 'shack' our first evening and the food was very good, breakfast also good but not much choice.

We recommend a little place called Dreamers about 5 mins away for excellent food - get the hotel tuk tuk. Our tuk tuk driver was called Harris and he was by helpful however he told us he also had a taxi so we booked him for our trip to the airport which was a huge error on our part as the car was definitely NOT SAFE. The brakes were grinding every time Harris used them. And it was touch and go we did not have an accident. The car was also dirty. I suspect he had borrowed the car from a friend. I am disappointed that the Palm Beach Manager (Vinu) allowed us to go ahead with Harris as I'm sure he would have realised the condition of the car particularly as Harris seems to be 'attached' to this hotel and he was there to say goodbye.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rayanna33
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
But we would like to make few things clear. Firstly the taxi u travelled was not booked through us, for which we refuse to take responsibility. The previous day you had taken our taxi service from Lemon Tree to our resort. So at that point how did you fail to notice the condition of the taxi? It was so bad you could have asked our service to hire a taxi which we would have done as per your requirements. Then you insisted on using the same taxi we did not interfere in your decision because we respect our clients preferences. We feel bad at the experience you had with the taxi. Moreover if the driver talks to us or waves a good bye its because allappey is a friendly place in we believe in being cordial to our fellow beings irrespective of other ranks or profession. For no faults of ours we still apologise for your inconvenience.

Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We came to Alleppey to have quiet vacation on the beach with good service. In Palm Beach homestay our dreams came true. Everyone was very helpful and nice! The room on the 1st floor (platinum#2) was cute: good bad, big bathroom, great sea view, roomservice. Even thing again mosquitos was in the room. Room was cleaned everyday, maybe not everyday the towels were changed - however it was ok. The hotel was not very clean in corridors and staircases, but it was not impotrant for us - it's not the luxury hotel. The food was really tasty and portions were huge! The best fresh pineapple juice I've ever tried)))) Guys, thank you very much!! Our vacation in your hotel was perfect.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank akpiratka
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 January 2014

We are sorry for cleanliness of corridors and staircases. We have already started to paint the property especially the specified area.

Viareggio, Italy
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Overpriced, grotty, pretty dirty, no hot water no wifi and even the TV was not working. A joke.
The photos on the hotel's website are totally misleading.
The garden is under renovation and the actual hotel would need a good refresh.
Breakfast uninviting
I understand that it was peak time but 100 the rate was us-european level but not meeting any of the desired standards

Room Tip: Room at the back are bigger, the front instead gave a sea view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank fred o
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 January 2014

We are sorry some facilities were temporarily unavailable to you during your stay. Sir we have wifi available at lobby for free 24 Hrs and are informing to all guest at arrival, we do hope we were able to look after you with hot water problem. Our garden renovation process is nearly complete now and we look forward to welcoming all our guests with a refreshingly new spirit.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent location right in front of the sea. Rooms have a great view and beach is right in front. During our visit the elevator and geysers did not work but it was not a big issue. We had a excellent time with the kids on the beach, hammocks (6 of them) and at the patio. Staff is very friendly and food was quite good. It's a great place to unwind and relax. Amenities are average and that could be improved.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nitin K

Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Kerala is "Heaven on Earth”. A quiet and relaxing vacation spot .hotel room was well maintained. The bed was comfortable and bathroom had hot water. The food was so good. I wished i could have stayed longer. minus are Ayurvedic centre wasn't open when i were there, which was a shame but I'm sure that was because of early season.There is no doubt about it the best Beach Restaurant in allepey.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Alleppey Palm Beach Resort, Kerala. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay especially the ayurvedic centre was fully booked and we were not able to allot the slot for you. Thank you for appreciating the resort's hospitality.