“awesome”

Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Hyderabad, India
“awesome”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This resort is amazing. awesome view, great service. i can the says best resort in india. sunrise and sunset is awesome. worth staying here. the service was a also upto the mark. book the second flooor rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moakobaid
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Alleppey Palm Beach Resort, Kerala. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at info@alleppeypalmbeachresort.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Words cannot do justice to this wonderful hotel. Rooms are air conditioned, spacious and very comfortable..attached bathrooms are modern and clean. Wifi is available in the reception and outside on the hammocks..! One could not wish for a better location, right on the beach which is surprisingly private. There is also a nice restaurant.
The terrific view from our first floor balcony of the sunset over the sea was just..mesmering.
The staff are to be congratulated on the level of care and service they provide, nothing is too much for them, they are always courteous and willing to help.
Special thanks to our new friend, Vinu (the manager), who arranged everything for us, including transport from airport and back, backwater boating, elephant rides and Ayurvedic treatments/massages.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay for my family and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Subhash Saini.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms with balconies are highly recommended.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Subhash S

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Palm Beach Resort is a beautiful somewhat hidden jewel right on the beach, but not yet swamped with tourists. Spotlessly clean, lovely helpful staff, beautiful ocean facing rooms, with big billowing white curtains, nice bathrooms, a great little restaurant (that will make you just about anything you ask for even if it is not on the menu), and a lot of extras that are too numerous to list like help with arranging day trips, full Ayurvedic treatment options (with an amazing Ayurvedic doctor). This was one of the best finds of my two months in India. Completely unexpected, stumbled across it by chance. We were planning to stay for two nights and ended up staying more than a week as it was such a lovely place/location. Highly, highly recommend this as the best place to stay in Alappuzha.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is very nice and quiet. The people are very helpful specially when you need extra things, they are always willing to help. The food is great, always different and good vegetarian food. Wifi for free besides it works just in the reception. They have nice benches to lay for a long while and enjoy amazing Allepey sunset. Yoga in the roof is a great plan during sunrise and sunset. The rooms are ok, clean and comfortable. Not any fancy but a good place I will recommend to anyone traveling to Allepey.

• Stayed February 2014
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014

We will also take a note about the points mentioned by you to make the service reach new heights.. Thanks once again for the stay and review and we will look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Wonderful place to stay, excellent hospitality and very caring staff. We really amazed with the location, it's perfect . Rooms were very clean,find nice and tasty food as home cooked. Very helpful and courteous staff. really enjoyed the place and find value of money. Surely, I'll stay here only in my next trip to Alleppey and recommending the place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ajay_Balyan

Hilterfingen, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here because of my 21 days ayurvedic treatment and it was simply wonderful. The location is right on a beautiful beach. By falling asleep or waking up you can hear the waves. My room was big and clean. There was lots of running hot water and a comfortable bed. And the best of all: the staff. They were always friendly and smiling and did everything to make my stay comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble. They put so much effort in cooking my special diet every day - it was simply amazing. During the time I stayed, they got some very comfortable sunbed cushions. There are a lot of hammock to spend hours relaxing. And overall, the WIFI was the most reliable one I have had in India so far. For sure, I will come back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank NinaSara

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We booked a sea view room. Arrived to be told they only had 1 room available for us - which was not sea view. And we would get our sea view room the following day. We got in to our room - it was AWFUL. Electrics hanging out the wall... Dirty marks on the floor, filthy light shades, black marks all over the walls... And when you flushed the toilet you got an almighty smell of s**t coming from the toilet. On top of all this, there was other residents in the hall/reception outside our room. They were using Skype, as the hall was the only place you could get wifi in the hotel. We could hear EVERY word they said. So if we could hear everything they said - they must hear everything from our room. No privacy. And not even a tv to try and create some background noise to create a tiny bit of privacy. We decided to get dinner before we said anything to management as we had not ate all day and it was 7pm. Got to the restaurant - ordered chicken curry. It was the worst curry I'd had in my life. And the chicken was on the bone which was not stated on the menu. I was starving - and still i couldn't eat it. My partner ate it just because he was so hungry. Asked for a coke, I got a plastic bottle.... First time I'd got this in a restaurant anywhere in my life. Was expecting a can or glass bottle? We then went back to reception and complained about the room - I stated that I was paying 3000 rupees (which was a 'special offer' booked online) - and this was the worst room if had since arriving in india. I'd payed 1000 rupees for a room in goa which was miles and miles better. If i'd paid 1000 rupees for this room i'd still be complaining. The manager (who was really nice) offered to give us our meal for free.... I wasn't happy at that. I simply was refusing to stay in this room. So he very nicely agreed to move us to another hotel just up the road. This hotel was miles and miles better. So we were relieved. The next day, we returned for breakfast. The manager then upgraded us to a 'superior' room. Instead of our booked standard sea view room. (Standard sea view room by the way isn't much of a sea view we found out) So that was good. The room was nice. Went to go for a shower... And no hot water.... The staff and manager were so nice in this hotel. Apart from the older gentleman outside who cleaned the garden who was pretty rude - I tried to say hello a few times and got ignored or given a dirty look....

Over all, come on guys!!!!

If you are going to charge such a high rate for your hotel get some good food in your restaurant, and hot water in the rooms, and wifi accessible in the rooms. And for god sake sort out the room we were first put in!! Shameful that you would charge anyone to stay in there!

Wouldn't be in a rush to return here.

If you do book it, make sure you book superior at least, and stay clear from the chicken curry!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Midgetgem1234
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014

We will also take a note about the points mentioned by you to make the service reach new heights.. We will look forward to welcome you again in the future.