“Bang on the beach”
Review of Palm Beach Resort

Palm Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 69 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The property is not great. But the location is awesome. It is bang on Alleppey Beach. You can get a great view of the Arabian Sea from your room.

This is perhaps the only hotel that is right next to the beach in Alleppey. Others are little far off.

Rooms are kind of basic. They are neat and clean, but not luxurious. The staff were very helpful. Service level is excellent. We were sick and tired of Kerala's famous boiled rice. The manager took extra effort to buy some basmati rice from the local market and cook it specially for us. I do not know if the guy is still there. I have forgotten his name. The only thing that I can remember is that he did his hotel management course from a famous institute in Vizag.

Room Tip: Select a beach facing room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Shantanu_Sen

Reviewed 19 August 2014

As most of the people have already mentioned, its an amazing place to stay. Given the proximity to the sea (its on the beach itself), the well maintained rooms , the price and the wonderful people who manage the hotel, one can hardly ask for a better deal. The view from the sea facing rooms is simply beautiful and you can hear the waves as if you are sitting on the shore...

There are however few points for improvement that I would suggest to the Resort management :

1. Make sure basic facilities are in place e.g. my AC broke down in the evening and it couldnt be repaired even till checkout. Luckily climate was good and fan was working or else it would have been difficult to manage. Having said that, I appreciate the promptness of the staff to offer me another room to use without any additional cost.

2. Rooms have a pretty high level of dampness. I understand that because of the closeness to the beach, dampness would be there but I am sure there are ways to handle it.

3. DO NOT RELY on solar water heaters only as it can lead to complains from customers. I did not have hot water in my room through the stay though I would acknowledge the fact that your staff did help in getting a bucket of hot water the evening I reached.

4. Have some signboards to guide tourists/customers to your resort, it would help a lot.

I have given the above suggestions understanding that you people want to grow as one of the best resorts in Alleppey.

Having said all this, I would still recommend Alleppey Palm Beach Resort to anyone looking forward to a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jyotiprakash S
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed in this resort on 4th May 2014 and enjoyed the sea beach which is just adjacent the Resort. The location is just ideal for those who would like to stay on Alleppy Beach, Kerala, India. Rooms are OK have AC. They need to look at improving hose keeping and customer service. Wi-fi only in the lobby. Food is good here.

Room Tip: Sea facing is the best on any floor. They have a lift so no problem.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mylove89
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Alleppey Palm Beach Resort, Kerala. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at info@alleppeypalmbeachresort.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This resort is amazing. awesome view, great service. i can the says best resort in india. sunrise and sunset is awesome. worth staying here. the service was a also upto the mark. book the second flooor rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moakobaid
Roy T, Manager at Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Words cannot do justice to this wonderful hotel. Rooms are air conditioned, spacious and very comfortable..attached bathrooms are modern and clean. Wifi is available in the reception and outside on the hammocks..! One could not wish for a better location, right on the beach which is surprisingly private. There is also a nice restaurant.
The terrific view from our first floor balcony of the sunset over the sea was just..mesmering.
The staff are to be congratulated on the level of care and service they provide, nothing is too much for them, they are always courteous and willing to help.
Special thanks to our new friend, Vinu (the manager), who arranged everything for us, including transport from airport and back, backwater boating, elephant rides and Ayurvedic treatments/massages.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay for my family and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Subhash Saini.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms with balconies are highly recommended.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Subhash S

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Palm Beach Resort is a beautiful somewhat hidden jewel right on the beach, but not yet swamped with tourists. Spotlessly clean, lovely helpful staff, beautiful ocean facing rooms, with big billowing white curtains, nice bathrooms, a great little restaurant (that will make you just about anything you ask for even if it is not on the menu), and a lot of extras that are too numerous to list like help with arranging day trips, full Ayurvedic treatment options (with an amazing Ayurvedic doctor). This was one of the best finds of my two months in India. Completely unexpected, stumbled across it by chance. We were planning to stay for two nights and ended up staying more than a week as it was such a lovely place/location. Highly, highly recommend this as the best place to stay in Alappuzha.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is very nice and quiet. The people are very helpful specially when you need extra things, they are always willing to help. The food is great, always different and good vegetarian food. Wifi for free besides it works just in the reception. They have nice benches to lay for a long while and enjoy amazing Allepey sunset. Yoga in the roof is a great plan during sunrise and sunset. The rooms are ok, clean and comfortable. Not any fancy but a good place I will recommend to anyone traveling to Allepey.

• Stayed: February 2014

We will also take a note about the points mentioned by you to make the service reach new heights.. Thanks once again for the stay and review and we will look forward to welcome you again in the future.