“Best place to stay in Alappuzha !”
Review of Hotel Sisir Palace

Hotel Sisir Palace
Ranked #93 of 198 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Hope , Maine
“Best place to stay in Alappuzha !”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have been traveling solo by motorcycle for 14 months thru North, Central and South America., Africa and now India. Hotel Sisir is a GEM !! Not because it is a beautiful "boutique" kind of hotel or its excellent location or its great restaurant..But no where have I found such a fine, friendly and welcoming staff from the owner,the managers, the receptionists and yes even the house keepers. They all go out of there way to make you feel at home and will arrange anything you need from houseboat tours to local events. One day I asked the owner where i might find a computer store he did not give me directions but had one of the staff drive me to 2 stores before i found what i needed...No charge ! I even tried to offer a tip to the staff who took me but he refused and said it was his pleasure !! Most Excellent place... Enjoy !!

Room Tip: Front rooms have balconies/views over looking the canal.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eliza M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pune
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel in November'13. Even in November, days are bit humid in Alleppy, therefore we decided to stay in AC room. Boating point is nearby as the backwater canal is just opposite to the hotel. From the balcony of room, we could see boats moving around. Market is 200 meters away from the hotel, hence the hotel is very well located. You can go walking to the market. Hotel has a restaurant at the ground floor. We took 3 meals there and all meals were of reasonable price and good taste. Restaurant staff served us with lot of care. Hotel management staff is very co-operative and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony facing backwater are better for viewing some action from the room itself
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vijay M
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My Husband and I were there for two days ie, 19th and 20th Sept 2013. Rooms are clean, and comfortable. Toilets are senior friendly and clean and well designed. I really did not expect such a comfort in a Budget Hotel. We were in a standard room, which was as good as deluxe, and each room has a lovely balcony. My rooms balcony gave me the feel of a house boat. Entire exterior of the Hotel is designed like a house boat, which is the beauty of Alappuzha, Kerala.Best part about the location is that one can see houseboats right from the entrance of the Hotel. Very friendly and obliging staff. We appreciate Alaxzander, the manager, who went out of his way in receiving us and guiding us.He made us feel so homely, that we felt sad to say bye to him.

Room Tip: A/C rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Padma_12
nellore
Reviewed 1 June 2013

As I serach for a decent hotel for us near Alleppy busatnd. I thankfully found Sisir Palace just on the other side of the canal, 5 min walk from the Busstand. As we went in, the hotel looked beautiful with woodencarvings on the front side. we really liked the room. It is spacious, rich looking, modern and comfortable, including the bath room. Rs 1000+tax is a very reasonable tariff. Attached restaurent is an added extra. Food and serving is good. The management should be given credit for good maintenance, moderate pricing and smiling staff. Though I loved to stay for one more day, but could not, due to other commitments. I strongly recommend Sisir palace as hotel to stay for any families vising alleppy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Really happy we found Sisir Palace and our room was perfect. It overlooked the street beside a canal. The room was clean and beautifully decorated with an adjoining balcony. The food we ordered was from the restaurant below and it was excellent. Apart from the great comfort, the service was impeccable, the staff were extremely pleasant and efficient and the managers were some of the nicest people I have met in India. Will always remember Sisir Palace where I spent a memorable birthday although it was a dry day in Kerala :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NatashaElkington
Msida, null, Malta
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Kerala was the last leg of my journey so i looked to book a nice quiet place overlooking the water. The photos of the website are horribly misleading and the hotel is located in a noisy place with cars and bikes honking for most hours of the day.

The good things about the hotel, room was clean, had interet and tv with English channels. The staff was amazing. It is located across from public transport which allowed us to use the boats to visit the backwaters time and again.

The downside... We booked all inclusive so when we went to order food we asked for a limit, they said we had none but when we reached our limit they charged us extra...not much but that defeats the all inclusive bit. I asked for an iron and they sent a guy who returned my clothes neatly folded....great service I thought....after two days they mention their favourite two words...extra charge... The charge is ridiculously cheap but they were not upfront with it. Towels were smelly and stained...take you own along.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed here for few days after a really bad trip in the backwaters (beware of Granma tours, they rip you off), and the place was Balsam for the wounds. Immaculate rooms, roomservice worked like a charm and the place was alltogether very clean and well kept. Sadly for the last night there was an indian studentgroup who made lots of noise, but the nights before that were a nice change for the -sometimes noisy India. The food in the restaurant downstairs was amazing (simply put).

Room Tip: ask rooms furthest from the mainroad.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple