“Great place to enjoy Alappuzha”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sisir Palace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Hotel Sisir Palace
Ranked #96 of 191 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to enjoy Alappuzha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Clean and tidy rooms with a nice balcony. Tasty restaurant and helpful staff. Alexander organized my houseboat tour and even got me an adapter to ensure I could charge my camera for my trip. The hotel is in the most ideal location. Walking distance to the finishing point and short auto ride to the beach.

Room Tip: The upper floors are best
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had been to Sisir palace and stayed for day .This happend on new year and you can imagine how irritated I was . The manager was not at all friendly and rooms were ok. The pillow cover and bed sheets were very untidy. On requesting them several times , they finally did and still the pillow covers and bed sheets beauty remained the same.

The only good thing are the back water view in front of the hotel and also resturant food

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night at the Sisir Palace. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room has cable TV and India music channels so I was able to watch the wonderful Indian musical/dance videos.

The shower in the bathroom didn't have a curtain or division from the rest of the bathroom floor so the whole floor gets wet when you take a shower. However, there is a window in the bathroom that opens up widely and the floor dries up after several minutes.

The restaurant downstairs has very delicious Indian food and seems to be popular. There were many customers eating at that restaurant.

The hotel is simple but sufficient. It is a safe budget option. It also located on the waterfront, close to the boat boarding area. I enjoyed sitting by the water in front of the hotel and watching the busy and interesting backwater way life in Alleppey. The people in town were friendly.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Ghaziabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Sisir Palace Hotel is nice place to be in. Situated in front of back water river. Market is near by, so we spend some good time. Food is good and service is amazing. over all great place to spend good time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hope , Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have been traveling solo by motorcycle for 14 months thru North, Central and South America., Africa and now India. Hotel Sisir is a GEM !! Not because it is a beautiful "boutique" kind of hotel or its excellent location or its great restaurant..But no where have I found such a fine, friendly and welcoming staff from the owner,the managers, the receptionists and yes even the house keepers. They all go out of there way to make you feel at home and will arrange anything you need from houseboat tours to local events. One day I asked the owner where i might find a computer store he did not give me directions but had one of the staff drive me to 2 stores before i found what i needed...No charge ! I even tried to offer a tip to the staff who took me but he refused and said it was his pleasure !! Most Excellent place... Enjoy !!

Room Tip: Front rooms have balconies/views over looking the canal.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eliza M
Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel in November'13. Even in November, days are bit humid in Alleppy, therefore we decided to stay in AC room. Boating point is nearby as the backwater canal is just opposite to the hotel. From the balcony of room, we could see boats moving around. Market is 200 meters away from the hotel, hence the hotel is very well located. You can go walking to the market. Hotel has a restaurant at the ground floor. We took 3 meals there and all meals were of reasonable price and good taste. Restaurant staff served us with lot of care. Hotel management staff is very co-operative and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony facing backwater are better for viewing some action from the room itself
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vijay M
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My Husband and I were there for two days ie, 19th and 20th Sept 2013. Rooms are clean, and comfortable. Toilets are senior friendly and clean and well designed. I really did not expect such a comfort in a Budget Hotel. We were in a standard room, which was as good as deluxe, and each room has a lovely balcony. My rooms balcony gave me the feel of a house boat. Entire exterior of the Hotel is designed like a house boat, which is the beauty of Alappuzha, Kerala.Best part about the location is that one can see houseboats right from the entrance of the Hotel. Very friendly and obliging staff. We appreciate Alaxzander, the manager, who went out of his way in receiving us and guiding us.He made us feel so homely, that we felt sad to say bye to him.

Room Tip: A/C rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Padma_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
Treebo Palmyra Grand Suite
#73 of 191 in Alappuzha
Mickey's Homestay
Mickey's Homestay
#22 of 112 in Thekkady

Been to Hotel Sisir Palace? Share your experiences!