Motty's Homestay
Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
The World Backwaters(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Deshadan Backwater Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Abad Turtle Beach(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
Palmgrove Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
US$37
Punnamada Resort(Alappuzha)
US$92
TripAdvisor
Bamboo Lagoon Backwater Front Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Room Service
Citrus Retreats Alleppey(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshis wifethree roomsreal homestaycooking lessonlalihostkeralaalleppeybackwatershouseboatcanoearrangementsbirdsboats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I'm so glad i made the decision to stay with Motty and Lali - everything from the food that Lali prepared, the accommodation itself, the location, and the trips that Motty organised were fantastic. The trips to local villages were the highlight for me and Motty arranged these so that they were so effortless for me! As a female solo traveller this was a great choice, had 100% trust in everything Motty recommended that I do, and the people he put me in touch with were awesome. I was also especially lucky to arrive in the middle of Onam, the annual harvest festival, and was treated to an unbelievable spread of authentic Keralan food by Lali - amazing! Alleppey itself was very cool - much less touristy than Fort Kochin (and other nearby places I imagine).

Hope to come back to Kerala at some stage and if I do I will come and stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Lindsay R
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed two days with Motty and Lali in their lovely downstairs garden unit. They were very generous, helpful and welcoming, giving us a great deal of local information, and hosting a wonderful dinner and delicious breakfasts. Despite the rainy season we still managed to explore the area and thoroughly enjoyed being there. We highly recommend Motty's Homestay if you are considering visiting Allepy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MandPMelbourne
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed with Motty and Lali at their beautiful Homestay in 2009 and returned there on our last trip to India in April. Alappuzha is such a great town to walk around and explore. We took a tuktuk to the beach one evening and a canal cruise another day on the backwaters.
Our room at Motty's was beautiful and comfortable. There is a shady veranda to sit and read or talk. Lali is a phenomenal cook! I adore southern Indian cooking but I have to say I enjoyed her meals the most of any we ate in the 3 weeks we were traveling. Motty is so interesting and fun to talk to. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zaphelps
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Visiting Alleppey again during the Kerala monsoons was an experience. The canals and rivers are full and up to the brim with the famous greenery enriched even further. The entire town of Alappuzha was what I call in full bloom!!

Motty and Lali just made the visit even more wonderful with their wonderful hospitality. Took the same room as my previous visit with the open air rest rooms. I spotted a female Purple rumped Sunbird hanging around the open air bathroom and wondered why for a while till I spotted its nest. in the bathroom vegetation! (see picture) Please dont disturb it's family if you are visiting in the near future.

Room Tip: The out house is my favorite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank S M
MOTTYMATTHEW, Manager at Motty's Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Hi,

Great to read the nice review and the appreciative words about our home own!

Thank you for letting us know about the bird nest!!

Hope to host you again!

Best wishes,

Motty & Lali

Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was a pleasure staying in Motty's homestay. :)
The whole family is involved in making their guests feel at home. It was like we stayed in our friend's house.
The interiors are beautiful... The rooms are lovely... the greenery is amazing...
The helped us in finding cabs and arranging to see new places.
It might have been more comfortable to stay in a hotel, but I wouldn't trade it for the experience I had in Motty's home.
Thank you so much uncle and thanks to all your family members . :):)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nitaya2407

Hello Nitya,

Thank you for the appreciative review!

We enjoyed the unique experience of having a mixed group of family and friends!! I particularly enjoyed the chat with Dad.

Convey our best regards to your family and the friends !

Best wishes from Motty & family