This is truly the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. It is packed with gorgeous antiques, photographs and paintings – it is almost like staying in a fine arts museum. The pool area is lovely and every inch is kept spotless. The food is good and the portions plentiful. And the location couldn't be better – it faces a huge beach. This is used by the local population so is tremendous fun. lots of people selling their wares and families taking a walk in the evenings. It really is beautiful. The only reason I did not mark the Raheem as excellent is because there is a tendency to mark up prices when, say, guests need to book cabs, boat trips, etc. So, my advice would be to organise such extras for yourself or to negotiate. We learned this a little too late to benefit, though we did mangage to get the price of our cab down to what it would have been had we booked it ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raheem Residency at Alleppey Beach, one hour south of Cochin, is an 1868 colonial property which was passionately restored in a classic, Indian style in 2003 by a small Indo-European private limited company. It is now recognized by the Tourism Dept of India as a genuine Heritage Hotel of India. Originally built by an Englishman, it was the home of the Raheems, an eminent Alleppey family, for one hundred years. Expect an intimate personalized service that respects your privacy in a sophisticated Indian setting with echoes of the Raj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Raheem Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raheem Residency Hotel Alappuzha
- Raheem Residency Alappuzha
- Raheem Residency Kerala, India