“Terrible Staff and Service, Poor Cleanliness”

and 1 more site!
Arcadia Regency Hotel Alleppey
Ranked #26 of 70 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed 25 December 2010

We stayed in this hotel during our Kerala Tour (Kochi, Munnar & Allepey) in Dec. 2010.
We stayed in Hotel Excellency in Kochi and Fort Munnar in Munnar. Both were very good hotels.
Stay in Arcadia Regency, Alleppey was last part of our tour. We were expecting it to be a nice hotel, too ! But it was totally opposite. Cleanliness was very poor. After check-in, we found that bedsheet and pillow covers were very dirty; looked like they were used after washing. The bathroom was smelling bad, too. We called 'House Keeping' to change the bedsheet and pillow covers. The response was very unfriendly. After our call, one guy came to our room, saw the bedsheet and pillow covers, and went back without saying anything. But after that, nobody came to change the bedsheet and pillow covers. I had to call again, which was fruitless. Then, I called Reception. He asked me to call 'House Keeping' instead. When I told him that I have already called 'House Keeping' twice, he agreed to intervene. Then one guy from House Keeping came only with pillow covers. When we asked him to change the bedsheet as well, he started arguing with us. This was a very bad experience for us !
Room Service was very bad, too ! For a mineral water bottle, I had to call Room Service twice and then Reception once. After nearly 45 minutes of waiting, I finally got it.
The only thing I liked here is the buffet dinner.
It was a horrible experience staying here. I strongly recommend you not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prasanta94

Reviewed 15 December 2010

I did not enjoyed my stay there. Room service was not up to the mark. Swimming pool was under maintenance. Food was ok. It only looks good from outside, however still have loop holes inside. Overall the place Allepey is good.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rocking_10
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We had booked this hotel on a travel site couple of months ago for our honeymoon. Had seen good no. of facilities advertised in the hotel including pool and all. This was last leg of our trip and were looking for a nice hotel to round it up after having good exp. in Munnar and Thekkady. It was not to be. On asking for a nice room, we were given a room with scribbling on the wall, a small bed for 2 people to fit in, and one with hangings on bathroom which were coming out ! On asking for a change reception first said no room available but then on insisting said they had one which had too separate beds.. NO thanks to that ofcourse !
We thought maybe drinks by the poolside would be nice.. BUT the pool was under maintenance .. not even the lights were on when we went up top to this dry pool. Finally , asked front desk - a thing guy called Gomsy or Tonsy regarding early morning auto for our train. Chap shows he is thinking and says no auto available..but can book cab. Okay .. so how much for cab. Chap smiles and says 400-500 bucks for the 2 km ride.
So.. i told him to take a ride himself and said we'd try our luck.. In the early morning we found an auto within 2 minutes of going outside who took us to the the station.

Moral of the story - not only are they filthy and stingy, they will also try and take you for a ride. Book this hotel only if you've money to blow.... on useless things.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank voyager_umesh
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I'll remember my Alleppey trip forever, apart from great Back waters..another good reason will be that hotel. Best buffet dinner I had in Kerala...nice staff, great food, value for money. This hotel was a part of my package tour. Thanx to tour operator. Rooms were nicely decorated...one shouldn't miss the food specially the authentic Malayali non -veg cuisines here.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The hotel is located 3-4 km within railway station. The hotel is advertised as a city hotel, so do not expect a breathtaking view from windows. The appearance, cleanliness and hygiene is excellent. I should say the cleanliness and hygiene is comparable to the best anywhere in world. The value-for-money for this hotel is solid.
Best Experience: The cleanliness of the entire hotel and the minimalistic no-nonsense ambience is the asset for this hotel. However, the english/hindi proficiency of the staff has room for improvement. We missed the important fact that breakfast was complimentary (while checking in). Generally, it is the custom for the person at check-in counter to clearly explain (if required with a printed pamphlet) the facilities (complimentary or otherwise) to the customer.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank jimvaghese
Reviewed 15 October 2010

It was a last minute booking, and thankfully Arcadia hotel had a room available. Two women traveling by taxi in search of a hotel at night isn't the safest thing to do in an unfamilar location. I quickly used my mobile web, looked up hotels on TripAdvisor for the best reviews, and I found Arcadia to be one of the top ranking places.

The entrance was spanking clean, and it seemed like a professional, better-class hotel than the ones we passed by along the way. Should I mention that this is right off the main highway - which is a huge plus for travelers on the go!

There is plenty of parking for taxis and personal vehicles.

We didn't eat food at the restaurant, but were told that they served very decent meals. We did order coffee, and it wasn't the best and service is very slow.

The bell boy came to get our bags from our room the next morning, but failed to use common sense. It was raining outside, and he still insisted on taking our luggage down the steps without first checking where our taxi was.

Overall, the experience was good. The price was reasonable. And - most importantly, it was safe.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 2 September 2010

It's an average hotel: Everything you can expect from a real hotel with not much more (ok, some of the food is good).
But the room rates are really good. For that price, I have seen much worse in Kerala. So, if you are interesting in staying for the night, the Arcasia Regency is perfect. Clean, cheap, centrally located, and with all the additional services you might need.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple