The Pagoda Resorts is located slightly off the beaten track in Alappuzha. Booked a cottage in the resort from viewing their impressive looking website. I had thought this would be a nice little place to stay from the pictures. A resort it is not, one filthy pool which you could not even see the bottom was the first site which greeted us. The cottage/room appeared to be pleasant and clean at first but come nightfall an invasion of cockroaches and insects descended upon the room fro both the bathroom and from the one inch gap underneath the main door.
Had the misfortune of booking a 3 star house boat through the internal travel agents (before I realised of the other issues). Although I was charged full whack for the AC 3 star houseboat to go to near Kochi, the boat was completely substandard and had zero of the features described by the Pagoda travel agent Antony (avoid him like the plague, Pagoda also have offices beside the bus station).
A truly terrible hotel/resort, after staying in a hundred properties in over 40 countries over the past five years this has been the worst!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagoda Resorts is the all new addition to the fascinating silhouette of Alleppey. A perfect blend of ethnic oriental charm accentuated with rooftops similar to Japanese Pagodas and stunning opulence that is laid back yet refreshingly elegant Pagoda was designed around the lay of the land yet tastefully incorporating traditional elements of Kerala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Pagoda Resorts Alleppey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagoda Resorts Alleppey Hotel Alappuzha
- Pagoda Hotel Alappuzha
- Pagoda Resorts Alleppey Kerala, India