We stayed at Lake Palace Resort at Alleppey in Feb'13 as part of a large get-together with family. We stayed at the swanky lake-view villas which faced the lagoon. The rooms were huge, with a private sit-out, and a view of the Vembanad lagoon. The facilities were state-of-the-art and swanky. Service was good (as expected), while we were mostly participating in our group activities. The food was good but not great ! The best approach is by ferry from the boat jetty. the resort offers scheduled periodic pick-up and drops to & from the jetty (or on request).
The architecture and design of the resort was spell-binding. The cottages built on stilts on the water (3-sides surrounding), the swimming pool, the quality of wood used, the standard of services offered- all were great ! Several of our friends were NRIs / PIOs and they were well-taken care of by the international standard services of the resort.
The price of the resort was steep but in line with market norms for the time & place.
All-in-all, a great experience of top-class amenities amidst the beauty of nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a Five star luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala, India