- The room was nice, clean and well decorated.
- The food at the buffet was decent. It was much better at the restaurant. They have cultural programs during dinner which is not bad either.
- The sunset cruise provided by the resort was very pleasant.
- The hotel also has a canoe ride, fitted with a motor. It can take you to local places that the big boats cannot. The ride was very enjoyable and the driver was also friendly. Dont miss this one.
But stay away from the water scooter.
- The hammocks tied to the coconut trees by the lake is a nice touch and very relaxing.
- when we arrived at the resort, we had to wait for over two hours for our room to become available, after the night long train journey. Make sure you mention what time you need the room.
- We booked a lake view room, but got a kerala style cottage. The staff was not very pleasant when we asked for the room type that we had booked. The lake view room became available on the third day. But we stayed in the same room as we did not want to move all our stuff.
- The staff had a standard answer for everything rather than giving an explanation and finding a remedy. It was "Please ty to understand, Sir"...whatever that means.
- we booked a package directly with the resort. The package had several items like optional upgrade, fruit basket in the room etc..but we did not get any upgrade and there was no fruit basket. minor detail - but gets annoying as you do not want to keep asking for everything that you should be getting.
- They say that they will provide transport to the mainland anytime you want. But the reality is that there are scheduled trips every 3-4 hours and you have to wait for it. We did not have any trouble getting back to the resort from the mainland.
- They need to train their staff better wrt being courteous and helpful to customers. There was one guy at the front desk who refused to change small bils for a 500 when I could see a whole bundle of 50's. His excuse - getting change around there is hard. If it is hard for them, how about for the tourists?
- The Ayurvedic massage center is in a scenic building. Just visit it and dont try to have one. They are very friendly but not very good at what they do. The massage I had was sub-standard and the person who did it outright demanded tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a Five star luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala, India