I found about this property from Tripadvisor. I had initially booked a houseboat, as many do for Alleppy, but then decided against it after I read many reviews which basically meant you cannot be certain about the quality of the boat by looking at the pics, and also that these can’t go through small canals, and had to stop moving after 5.30 pm. Hence, we decided to stay in a resort, and this was the best decision. The property is located right on the backwaters, and the shikara (small boat) for our trip stopped next to our room! It has about 5-6 rooms, which are pretty big, and surprisingly not expensive (INR 3k for an AC room, with rooms comparable to a 4 star property). The food served was amazing. Ask for chili gobi and dal. The property is managed by only one man – he is the receptionist, bell boy, waiter, repairs and maintenance, etc. one more guest, so this wasn’t a problem for us, but could be at full occupancy. However, want to mention that the guy is very polite and courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmgrove resort is an elegant holiday resort situated in acres of natural greeneries and is on the banks of the beautiful Punnamada lake. The resort offer complete privacy and peaceful atmosphere and is free from air and sound pollution. The resort is really a wonderful paradise and an home far away from your home, of course with homely and tasty food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Palmgrove Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Palmgrove Lake Resort Kerala, India