“AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIANCE !”

Palmgrove Lake Resort
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
“AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIANCE !”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The resort is beautifully located right in front of the lake with houseboats passing by every now and then. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are also very spacious. You can do boat trips for great value/money ratio. We went for a boating for 3 hours and saw the best visuals of Kerala. In the end we were so happy and had a great time ! Its a family run resort and you will definitely come again if you get a chance..

Regards

Rahul M Nair

Room Tip: Make sure you select the lake facing cottages to get the maximum from the beauty of nature.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My cottage faced the lake and I simply drank in the view! Most amazing view. The staff is generous and so helpful that we felt pampered and spoiled. Food was typical Kerala fare but delicious. Overall superb!

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

In the middle of palm trees with a nice view on the backwaters. Delicious keralan food and the possibilities for boat trips and Aryuvedamassage. Good english skills and nice, helpfull service. We felt welcomed since the arrivingmoment.

• Stayed August 2013
London
Reviewed 18 August 2013

*** TIP: Ask Joseph (manager) to book an overnight houseboat tour for you - he has some seriously good value connections! ***

Palm Grove is so perfectly located in the most beautiful setting right on the water front, with palm trees everywhere, extremely comfy beds, lovely outdoor bathrooms and fantastic food.

We arrived in Alleppey in the blistering heat of summer, having had to change our plans, stressed and unsure where to stay or how to organise a houseboat tour. We had booked to stay at Palm Grove but had arrived in Alleppey 2 days early. After checking into a dingy hotel in the town, we decided to leave there and head to Palm Grove to see if they could accommodate us and help with a houseboat tour.

The manager Joseph was so extremely helpful, put us in the best room in the hotel, arranged a houseboat to collect us from the jetty of the resort the following day to take us on a 22hour tour, and looked after our every need for our entire 4 day stay.

The houseboat we stayed on was so fabulous, perfectly sized for a couple (double bedroom, lounge, balcony area and ensuite bathroom) and such great value. The food was authentic Keralan thali for lunch and fish for dinner.

Absolutely AMAZING place. We recommended it to many other travellers and they were not disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 1 is the best, with great views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Main thing about the resort is peaceful ambience with lake view.u can enjoy d nature from this resort. I personally spoke to the owner Mr.Abraham for some time. By that I understood he s not money motive and he s very keen about customer satisfaction and he wants to give his customer a peaceful ambience and memorable stay. Manager and other staffs r also good. They have only limited menu.they ll also arrange for decent massages, good house boats & auto for pick up drop. Totally very good experience v had. Memorable. Worth for money. V felt its somewhat cheap.

• Stayed August 2013
bangalore
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great location and good cottage. Food was good and great hospitality. Great view from the cottage. Surely recommended for people who would like to relax and enjoy nature. Transport arranged on request, no hassles - with the arrangements or with the drivers. No issues with the cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am sure, based on the reviews, that the place must be a decent place to stay based but they need to fix their booking process. Here is how it went for me:

I called up the resort and since the lady who picked up the phone couldn't speak English (no cribs here, as it shows my inability to converse in Malayalam), I called up the mobile no. given. A lady picked up the home - could be owner/manager who was very courteous and offer to call back within 5 mins to confirm availability and tariff. Here is where I erred. I asked her not to bother and that she can send an email. I sent her an email immediately after the call, referring to the call and checking availability and tariff. I got a response a day later from Mr. Abraham Philips. Based on suggestion I logged in my booking request immediately on the website and also confirmed the booking for a Lakeview AC Suite on the email asking for method for advance payment. To my surprise I get a response a day later that few rooms are available and I will have to book for a minimum of two days. Now I had waited for two days, lost out on my alternative options due to busy Nehru Boat Race event, to be given this shock! I called up the lady again and she chatted with Mr. Abraham in background and informed that she will send an email. Finally, not getting any response, I went ahead booked elsewhere. Felt really taken for a ride though it may have been less intentional more amateurish

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family