The resort is over a large area yet maintained very well....variety of flowers and vegetables planted all around.
USP is the location...bang on the backwaters, yet very close to the town. The rooms are very comfortable and balconies opening to the backwaters. Whole day you will find Houseboats and Shikaras traveling on the water, which is teh main route for the famous Nehru Boat Race.
The owners (Mr and Mrs Philip Baraham) are true gentlemen and taken personal note of all the visitors. The caretakes (Mr. Ben and Mr. Uday) are great guys, particularly Uday cooks fantastic Keralian food, especially non-veg. They also extend personal helps, beyond their regular services.
The resort also has a private jetty and we boarded our Houseboat from the same...very convenient.
Overall, it was a stay to remember
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmgrove resort is an elegant holiday resort situated in acres of natural greeneries and is on the banks of the beautiful Punnamada lake. The resort offer complete privacy and peaceful atmosphere and is free from air and sound pollution. The resort is really a wonderful paradise and an home far away from your home, of course with homely and tasty food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Palmgrove Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Palmgrove Lake Resort Kerala, India