We booked in for one night as it was a bit above our budget, but then we liked the place so much we stayed 4 nights. The location is a little out of town but in a beautiful well kept site right by one of the famous canals. We had a lovely chalet with inside and outside shower, canal views and air con. There was hot water (not always available in other places we stayed), but no wifi....
We recommend the hotel's resident canoe trip as it gets you off the beaten track, where we saw Kingfishers and were not in a long traffic jam of motor powered spice boats. One highlight was the fireflies seen from the chalets verandah at night. A trip into town was cheap and a delight, the hotel has a favourite tuktuk (driven by TUKTUKMAN ) , recommended for an evening trip to see sunset on the beach with a beer or two after. Tuktukman will wait for you.....
Staff were great, breakfast pleasant in a semi outdoor location, coffee, omelette and watch the boats go by.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmgrove resort is an elegant holiday resort situated in acres of natural greeneries and is on the banks of the beautiful Punnamada lake. The resort offer complete privacy and peaceful atmosphere and is free from air and sound pollution. The resort is really a wonderful paradise and an home far away from your home, of course with homely and tasty food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Palmgrove Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- Palmgrove Lake Resort Kerala, India