“Best time in India”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best time in India”
Reviewed 10 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We had an amazing time at the Aqua Castle houseboat. The staff was so kind and caring. These guys are doing their job for more than 10 years already. The bed and room were comfortable, the boat is spacious and the food is absolutely amazing. Best lunch we had in India! The bugs at night are very annoying, but that’s what happens at night on the water ;)

Point of improvement: they could have been more informative about what was going on (delay) and where we were going exactly, but that’s our personal opinion. I would say this boat needs some maintenance in the next year: new floor and some paint work.

12 Jan 2018
Dear sir / Madam,
Thanks for the good words and suggestions.We will definitely look in to your suggestion as well to provide more comfortable stay for our respected Guests.

Customer Relation Desk
Aqua Jumbo
Mukherjee...
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“An experience to cherish”
Reviewed 9 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked Aqua Castle all AC houseboat through goibibo. It was a two bedroom AC houseboat though we needed only one bedroom for three of us I booked it as the front deck was air conditioned too and the AC was available round the clock from Check-in to Check-out (premium category). We reached the boat jetty by 11:40 A.M. and were guided to the beautiful houseboat by the local operation manager Mr. Varghese. We stepped into the spacious and tidy sitting area (so called dining room) with sitting arrangements. To be honest, I was highly impressed with the AC front deck. It was equipped with two split ACs, an LCD TV (no TV channels though, only for viewing CD/DVD and connecting USB drives) and a Music system. The two bedrooms were not that spacious but to keep the bed and few feet to move inside with a cupboard and mirror. The attached bathrooms to each bedroom had raised toilet, one wash basin and a bathing area, nicely decorated, tidy, neat and clean. The passage had one wash-basin and above it mirror too. At the end of the houseboat was the kitchen with gas oven and refrigerator. After a quick mobile video recording I returned to the front deck. We were provided coconut as welcome drink. The boat started cruising at 12:15 P.M. through Vembnad lake and soon we entered into the famous back water, heavy traffic with queues of hundreds of houseboats floating and moving in the same direction. After cruising 1 hour and 15 min through multiple channels we finally reached at house boat hub in Meenapally Kayal for lunch break. It was another beautiful, serene lake with a long structured jetty/passage to the nearby resort. It was around 1:45 P.M. when the real surprise came in the form of a long list of Kerala delicacies for lunch. The preparation was excellent and the quantity would be sufficient for 4 people though we were only three. As soon as I finished I was compelled to request the chef to prepare less food in dinner. After completion of lunch I stepped on the jetty walked a few yards, snapped photographs and purchased ice-cream from a moving ice-cream parlour on a boat. The boatman was cruising in the lake with the cool box. At around 2:45 P.M. our houseboat started journey again and after 45 minutes of sailing we were few houseboats on the channel. This is where I could feel the charm of Kerala villages, rice fields and miles of back water. The chef of the houseboat asked if we were interested to purchase prawn or crab that he would prepare for us in dinner along with chicken. The boatman guided the houseboat to the store selling prawn, crab, cold drinks etc. Needless to say the price of prawn was quite higher than that available at the local market. We sailed again and through the less crowded channels now. At 4:30 P.M. we were asked for evening snacks and tea. We opted Onion pakora (other option was banana fritters) and enjoyed evening tea while cruising and finally at 5:45 P.M. the boat was parked for the rest of the day and night at pre-determined place when they start to draw power from electric panel on the bank. I requested the boatman to park the houseboat on the other bank as sunset could be enjoyed from the other bank and return to their pre-determined place (where we already were) after sunset but it was refused with the reason that there would be fishing nets in the 130m wide river after 6 P.M. and they could not cross the river, though I found boats going through the river even after 6 P.M. I have objection on the selection of this spot. They parked at a place, from where one can neither view sunset nor sunrise from the houseboat or from the bank nearby. They also asked us if we would be interested in any Kerala Ayurvedic message that they would arrange on boat. Needless to say after 6 P.M. you need to plan your evening stay to spend time. I didn't find a carom on board. We spent evening time by watching Live TV on my handheld device.
At 9 P.M. we received dinner with roti, dal fry, ladies' fingers curry and chicken curry. I requested the chef to provide fruits, bread and omelette in next morning breakfast without any south Indian preparation.
After dinner we headed to the bedroom. This is where it could be slightly better, sleep quality was just ok. The Air-condition was perfect but I expected a night lamp inside bedroom. It is only sleep quality where it may receive only 3 star and another problem I faced was that the water tank emptied at the time I was bathing next morning and I had to wait 5 minutes while they refill the tank.
The breakfast menu was our choicest option and at 8 A.M. the houseboat started moving towards the finishing point. We found several fishermen's boat in the lake and after cruising for 40 minutes we were dropped off at the finishing point. I'll take this opportunity to thank the service team too. Anthony, Pradeep who served with smile and the boatman (forgot his name).

The experience was all positive except :

1. The houseboat should be parked at a place from where one could enjoy sunrise and sunset.
2. Sleep quality could have been slightly improved.
3. They need to monitor water level in the tank.

10 Dec 2017
Hi Anupam Ji,
It was so glad to hear from you ,that your family group were enjoyed the cruise and overnight stay with us.Thank you very much for your good words on our operations and cruise arrangements .we will definitely look in to your instructions and suggestions that may help us to improve the quality of our operations in fact.
Customer Care Desk
Aqua Jumbo House Boats Division.
naresh_ra...
Noida, India
“Awesome experience- at Houseboat”
Reviewed 5 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I stayed with my family.
Mr.Vinob took every note of the requirement, ensured the timely pick-up.
The welcome drinks were refreshing. The rooms were neat and clean.AC was effective.
The front deck allows you to have the proper view of the backwaters.
The boat sailor Mr.Manish shares some good insights about the surroundings.
The food -lunch was really good. Mr.Sujith & Mr.Pradeep ensured the good and sufficient quantity of the food.
Overall, we all enjoyed and had a great time.

5 Dec 2017
Dear Nareshji,
Thanks for your kind cooperation during your stay with us and so glad to hear that your family enjoyed the Overnight stay with Aqua Jumbo.
On Behalf of Management
Customer Care Desk
Aqua Jumbo
Nilabja D
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I stayed with my family on 9th Oct. Night

When I booked through Yatra, I booked for Deluxe AC Room with TV and other amenities.

2 days before the trip, when I could not cancel my trip anymore, the Aqua Houseboat Mgr, Mr. Fredrick, called me up and informed that A/C is only between 9 PM to 6 AM. He was laughing and informed me, that, this is a busy season, in case, you want, you can cancel. Whereas , I will incur losses, if I cancel now.

It was nowhere mentioned in the Yatra terms and Conditions

About TV , he informed, only DVDs will be given but no Cable TVs

On the day of the journey, we faced frequent power cuts, Fans were also not running as Inverter was going down and in the afternoon in the high humid condition, we have to bear the ordeal, despite paying close to 10000 bucks for one night

In the evening, around 530PM, they parked the boat in a nearby village and we found the boat next to us is connected to Local Cable. When I called up Frederick, he informed, boat has no dish? I am not sure why he needs a dish while the nxt boat is connected to local cable wire

A/C was not provided till 8 PM and it was a very bad condition.

Food was ordinary

I called up Yatra Customer Service 3 times and till date , did not get any answer for my complaints. Their role is glorified Agent or Dalal

One should be careful taking services of this houseboat and amenities they are providing as lots of lack of amenities are not disclosed and are not given

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
7 Nov 2016
Dear Mr Nilabja Dey, First of all please check your date of stay with our property. It was on 10th Oct 2016 one night one bedroom a/c deluxe houseboat booked by you through Travel Guru. 2 days before your arrival, you called up to my mobile and ask me about the air condition timing on-board. As per our company policy deluxe air condition timing in houseboat is 9.00 pm to 6.00 am. But we are not adamant about the timing. At the evening most probably we start the air condition generator on 7 pm and provide air condition on-board. As l informed you about the deluxe houseboat air condition timing you suddenly disappointed and angry with me and ask me to provide full time air condition on-board in the same price. Humbly and politely l answered to you, it’s our company policy for deluxe houseboat a/c timing and if you need full time air-condition you have to pay extra charges or cancel your deluxe booking and book premium houseboat which provide full time air-condition on-board. But you keep on asking the same matter again and again unfortunately l smiled. In my understandings, in hospitality industry be a cheerful person is not a bad thing rather than impatient. Secondly, All our property listings online sites we mentioned the entertainment facilities in deluxe a/c houseboats are LCD TV and DVD Player only. We didn’t mention any site that we provide Satellite Cable Television network on-board. Upon your unfulfilled desire for full time air condition in a deluxe price and you were angry and disappointed to pay more money for additional facilities, you decided to target the negatives in our service and as a customer you can write anything upon your wish. But l am confident that thousands of our satisfied customers who cruised with us are still help us to recommend Aqua Jumbo Houseboat for their loved one’s for their cruise in Kerala Backwaters. We, Aqua Jumbo Team value each and every guest on-board and take cares all their on-board needs which we can fulfill. Sincerely Yours, Fedric Stephen, Reservation Manager, Aqua Jumbo Tours.
Pravin S
“Houseboat stay worth an experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Overall an excellent experience. The scenic beauty of Kerala gets multiplied when viewed from the House boat surrounded by calm backwaters. Very courteous staff who took all our questions about the place and served us excellent local cuisine which was a treat to our taste buds (especially if you are non veterinarian)
A special mention of their honesty - At the time of the checkout, my wife forgot to took her purse which was kept in the cupboard. We had already reached Kumarkom, 2nd phase of our holiday and that is the time she realised this. I quickly called up Mr Fredrick and he quickly enquired this with their local staff and next day got this delivered to kumarkom (~50 kms away from Alleppey). Many thanks for this wonderful gesture. Thanks

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The front of the Houseboat offered an excellent view of the scenic backwaters
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
23 Jun 2016
Dear Mr. Pravin S,
We are happy to hear from you, thank you very much to choose Aqua Castle houseboat for your wonderful cruise in Kerala Backwaters. Once again thanks a lot for all your good words you said about Aqua Jumbo Team. We will see you next time. Wish you a good day...Thanks & Regards, Fedric Stephen, Manager, Reservations, Aqua Jumbo Tours
DRShakti
Sebastopol, California
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 22 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Had the owner not represented his houseboat, Aqua Jumbo, as a luxury boat and charged accordingly (almost $300 per night) I would be writing a different review. It was the deception and over representation that caused such disappointment. The rooms were mediocre, the food acceptable but not exceptional, the service mid-level. It started off with a late pick up at our hotel in Cochin...in a dilapidated car with almost no AC (although we were paying, again, a high rate which was to include AC). The rest of the trip was, as mentioned, middle of the road. In all fairness, the crew onboard was very pleasant and I fault them in NO way...it is the owner/manager who is to blame for claiming a luxury experience when, in fact, it is a 2 1/2 star affair. For the same money I would look around and insure that your accommodations are commensurate with the price you are paying. (And I will certainly be more circumspect if ever i book another backwater cruise.) Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The backwaters themselves...very peaceful. And the crew was lovely.
Liked least: The overcharging.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Sarah B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great houseboat on the backwaters of Alleppey”
Reviewed 10 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed on the Aqua Castle houseboat for one night in December. The boat was spacious and clean with great facilities.
The staff - captain, assistant and chef - were all lovely and very helpful. The food was delicious and the accommodated to our requests of fish only.
The backwaters are beautiful and I would highly recommend a night on a houseboat with this company to see them. We had a private boat for the two of us and it felt like a very special experience.

Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing