“Cheery On The Cake”

Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort
Ranked #3 of 69 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We book Kerala package and this resort added cherry on the cake. Best location at Alleppey, nice resort and complete relax. Approach to hotel via boat is very nice idea and interesting. Manager "George" is very nice person. Enjoy the boating, badminton, resort ayurvedic spa and sunset point. Food service, room space is also very good. We will visit here again soon with family. Backwaters and places nearby this resort are good. I recommend this resort to all and especially for romantic time for couples and family. I must say " We love Kondailip". Thanks Manager George for taking our awesome pics in the morning even when he was getting late for Church

Room Tip: All separate cottages, enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aseem S
Vaisakh, Manager at Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review about us on TripAdvisor.

I was so happy to read your kind words following your stay with us at kondai Lip Resort. I was so happy that you still remember me now after 3 months. We always try our very hardest to ensure all of our guests are made to fell at home. So when i read your feedback I was really pleased. We pride ourselves on the service and facilities we provide to our guests so i really do hope that we get the chance to looks after you again when you are there in the backwaters.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

WoW.. That's the first word that you will utter, the moment you get down in front of this resort. Deeply into the nature, this resort gives you a chance to energize and rejuvenate your nerves from hectic schedules.
The location is simply awesome. Far from the city rush, this is a quite and peaceful place.
The staff is highly polite and offers a great service. Food is simply good.

Lovely experience and would recommend to anyone looking for short peaceful breaks.

Room Tip: Recommended
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vaisakh, Manager at Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about overall feel, services and the beauty of the Resort. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our esteemed guests.

We look forward to welcome you back at Kondai lip Resort....

Best Regards,

Vaisakh George

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this resort in June, 2014 with my family and our stay was a complete pleasure! I was accompanied by my friend and had requested a larger room. To our immense delight what we got was an independent majestic cottage with two ACs and an extra bed.

We were very apprehensive in the beginning as this resort is a little away from the main city, but in fact this turned out to be a benefit. Nestled between backwaters and coconut trees, this was nothing less than a little heaven. The staff was also amazing with service par excellence. I requested them to clean the milk bottles for my son and to my happy surprise, they not only cleaned it but also sterilized it!

The resort also offers a wide variety of activities like fishing, boating, etc. They also took us on a boat cruise to the beach, which was incredibly scenic and relaxing. Another thing which requires a special mention is their food....their chef is definitely blessed because the food he turns out is extremely flavorful and delicious... my mouth still waters just thinking about their Fish Mappas. I have been to Kerala a lot in the past but this was a unique experience, which I will never forget.....thanks to Kondai Lip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Priyanka_SV
Vaisakh, Manager at Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I am endlessly thankful for the wonderful review you have just posted. Your praises towards the resort and our team are very much appreciated and will inspire us to continue our efforts for service excellence.

The unique tranquility of our resort and our sublime surroundings brings our esteemed guests an exceptional memorable experience.

I am certainly glad that Kondai Lip has contributed to some fond memories. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you want to relax your mind from tension then kondai lip is the first priority in my mind. Absolute relaxing with excellent surrounding place. Really cool place with excellent hospitality. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is a true joy to read that you felt rejuvenated once you are here.

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Kondai Lip very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

i stayed during the first week of the june with my family....it was wonderful....spectacular location....right from the drive....the entrance to the resort is wonderful..we have to wait for the boat to come and pick us up ....awesome hospitality....peaceful surroundings..beautiful cottages and nice place to relax....we did fishing in the lake in front of the cottage with my son...it was interesting as we caught some fishes....the evening drive in the motor boat to the andarakazhy beach was wonderful ...we could see the native fishermen using all the traditional methods of fishing and usage of chinese fishing nets too...the beach was more of a private one as the crowd was very very less....evening after return from the beach we sat in the lawn for sometime and enjoyed the silence....it was serene....the next day morning i woke up early and went on a small walk thro to the near by village and took some lovely photographs...and saw a wide variety of birds ...the other outdoor activities like shuttle are for namesake ...but u dont need those...u can use their canoes and pedal boats at any time ....the food was good too...people should learn how to treat the guests from these people....kondai lip singly made our trip memorable...i should thank vaisakh who was there any time to help and nelson ....

Room Tip: all rooms are same ...u can choose anyone
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank prasadkk
Vaisakh, Manager at Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review about us on TripAdvisor .

It always gives me great joy to read such a fantastic review for us about everything on TripAdvisor . Thank you for your fantastic comments about our hospitality , especially About myself and Mr. Nelson in particular. I will be sure to pass the praise on to him.

I am delighted to read that you felt such comfort and attention and sincerely hope we see you again soon.

Best Regards,

VAISAKH GEORGE

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I went with my family to kerala and this one was the best where i enjoyed my stay along with my wife and my son who had a great time in this resort.The cottages are beautifully done with a traditional touch, great location and very delicious food too also. I will highly recommend this resort for quite location, great food and excellent services too also.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thug4life
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The resort in one word-Heavenly! Spectacular location, peaceful surroundings, beautiful cottages with the touch of tradition, great hospitality and very good food! just the place you want to be at with your better half. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple