“Best option in Lonavala”

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Mumbai
“Best option in Lonavala”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

After reading some Tripadvisor reviews we went to Zara Resort Lonavala recently. Unlike the reviews the place was deserted, the rooms (most of which were empty) smelled funny and the signboard directing us to the place was unlit.

After all this we decided to go to Fariyas. This was my third visit to Fariyas and I would say its the best option in Lonavala. We stayed in the deluxe room. The room was lavish and comfortable like any other 5 star. We had taken the breakfast inclusive rate and the breakfast was too good with some really great options. (Not to mention delicious) We ordered room service once and the service was prompt.

The staff in general is friendly. In particular look out for Nithyanand (porter) and Kajol/Monish at the reception desk.

Two things though (we pointed this out to the reception) the mini-bar was empty and the rates are a bit on the higher side. I have been to Lonavala a lot of times, in hotels this is indeed the best option.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rushabhdoshi7
Fariyas-Management, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mr Doshi,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked our product and services, especially room and food. I have shared your feedback with the team, who are equally happy to know about your experience.

Thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back and assure you of our best service.

Jagar Thakur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The website of the hotel paints a great picture and we fell for it. For two nights we, a family of three, paid close to Rs 30K (including taxes) for the stay and the experience was nowhere close to being worth it. Parking your car is a problem unless you drive in early and grab a place. The sofa at the reception area is old with stinking fabric and millions of fruit-flies (we had to wait there for 45 minutes because we showed up 30 minutes ahead of time)!! The fan in the room did not work, we called housekeeping to get it fixed - two guys came, spent 15 minutes, could not fix it, promised to come back in 10 minutes - never did in two days. The site says they have an outdoor swimming pool with a spiral slide going into it and apparently people love it. Well, the pool was closed for renovation and nobody mentioned it. They have an indoor pool too - I have never been a great fan of them. The games facilities are inadequate for the size of the hotel and you will be lucky to get access to them. The food is grossly overpriced but does not taste that great - I have a picture of the menu - let me know if you want to see it. The breakfast spread (included in the room fare) is varied but most of the stuff is cold and tasteless. So, overall, I am never going back to this hotel if I can help it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank BratBiswas
Dear Ms. Biswas,,

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. I have noted your comment about various glitches and I sincerely regret your experience and assure you that I will speak with concerned team members and assure you I will address at the earliest.

We once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla in near future.

Best regards

Ahmedabad
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is one of the biggest resort in lonavala.
There are more than 160 rooms & More then 6 conference hall
swimming pool is also of big size.
During Evening there is live music, ghazal, in restaurant. ( some time)
Rooms are big enough with balcony.
Always go for room on third floor for beautiful view.
Its good time to visit during july and august. Food is excellent and staaff are really good n co operative.

Room Tip: room on third floor mountain facing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Fariyas-Management, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Mr Jimmy,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked our product and services, especially guest room, live gazal and water park. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are equally happy to know about your experience.

Thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back and assure you of our best service as always.

Indore, India
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited Fariyas in June end for a conference. I stayed their for 2 nights. Food quality was good. Location is also good as I traveled from Mumbai to Lonavala and it is hardly 500 meter from main road.
They have good water park but I could not enjoy water park because of timing issues. It starts at 10 AM and end at 6 PM. They should extend water park time for conference guest so they can enjoy. Overall good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and liked our services. I have made a note about your comment regarding water park timings and will discuss with the team and extend timings as and when required.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The view of valley is breathtaking. But the resort doesn't have much of indoor activities to offer especially in winters.
Food is so predictable and you could get bored with it in a stay of two days. Definitely dont know how to make pasta.
Good hospitality and service unfortunately it ends there.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Monica H
Dear Ms. Monica,

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. I have noted your comment about food and indoor activities. I sincerely regret your experience and assure you that I will speak with my executive chef and make sure that we address your concern at the earliest.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

At the time of check in, filled in few personal information. What next was the surprised 'Birthday Cake' for my 8 yrs old Son as we checked in on his birthday. This was very very special and nice gesture.

Hotel is generally almost full during monsoon weekends but check in was very quick. Since I requested for valley side Deluxe room on 2nd floor, the same was blocked on confirmation in the same morning before leaving for the Hotel from Mumbai

My kids enjoyed the water amenities a lot. Gaming zone for Kids require a bit of uplift.

Staff is very courteous and helpful. Good buffet spread although require improvement on quality a bit. Nice ambiance and rooms are spacious with private balcony.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd Floor, Highway/valley side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fariyas-Management, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mr RS Banga

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. We are happy to know that you liked our resort, overall quality of accommodation we offer, water park, check in and surprise cake for your son on his 8th birthday. However at the same time I have noted your comment about quality of food and kids zone. Please be rest assured that I will take up this with my chef and activity manager to fix on priority.

We once again thank you for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla in near future.

Thank you and best regards - Jagar Thakur
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ambiance was good. Staff was good, but food (specially breakfast) quality was below par. Wifi should be provided free of charge after so high room tariff. Travel advisor was promised by reception. But no one turned up!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. We are happy to know that you liked our ambiance and services. However at the same time I am concerned that we did not meet your expectation with regard to buffet breakfast, and concierge services. Please be rest assured that I will take up these lapses with concerned people and fix it on priority basis. As regards to WiFi, we do have certain speed limitations in Lonavla, which limits us to provide internet to one and all. However your point has been noted and we will once again discuss with our service provider and see if we can do something better. We sincerely regret your experience and thank you for being our tutorial.

Thank you once again for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla in near future.

Thank you and best regards - Jagar Thakur