“Very good hotel and excellent ambience”

Fariyas Resort Lonavala
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hi I had made a reservation for 2 ngts stay at the hotel from 2nd aug to 4th aug through the hotels reservation dept itself.

would like to inform any one if you have requested anything thy wont forward it to the front desk.
As I had told them I would be travelling with my 1yr old kid and wife i expected them to give me a room with a queen or a king bed , but i was given a room with 2 beds attached . Whn I complained for the same I was immediately given the room whih I had asked for by mr .suraj.
he is really a nice guy and really take care and the best manager I have come across of all the hotels I have visited.
3rd aug was my wifes birthday I had informed the reservation team since it was a suprise I had asked for a cake or somethng to make it special but when I asked front desk guy mr.monish he didnt had any idea about it . I said im ready to pay jst gt me a cake but he not only arranged the cake at 11.45 in 15 mins but also enquired about it the next day.
rooms r not cleaned properly and wish thy spray some fragrance in the rooms and clean the rooms throughly.
Ask for the hill view with rainy season with fog and all the view is breath taking.
only wished a proper cordination is tgere between the teams.

• Stayed: August 2014
Fariyas-Management, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Mr Hitesh Motwani

Thank you for patronizing Fariyas Resort Lonavla and for your feedback. I am deeply concerned that we were unable to live up to your basic expectations with regards to room bed type. Also I regret lack of communication in front office with regard to surprise cake for your wife's birthday and room cleaning standard. Please be rest assured that I will take up this with our front office and housekeeping team so that this does not get repeated with any of other guests. I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family and I hope you will give us one more opportunity to showcase our improved product and services.
Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcome you and your family back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla, in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A great location. Is a large hotel with lots of space & facilities. The staff is very helpful. You just got to ask & they delivered.

Loved the restaurant & food too.

The rooms are large & our room had some great views....

Room Tip: Try meeting with the GM. He is very helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr Tarun J

Thank you for patronizing Fariyas Resort Lonavla and for your positive feedback. It indeed was a pleasure to meet up with you and your family at the resort. I am very delighted that you all had good time with us. I have conveyed your encouraging feedback to the team, who are equally happy to know that you all enjoyed your stay and they were able to live up to you expectations. Please allow me to express that it is guest feedback like your's that keeps the team motivated to strive for more and deliver exceptional services to our future guests.
Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

After reading some Tripadvisor reviews we went to Zara Resort Lonavala recently. Unlike the reviews the place was deserted, the rooms (most of which were empty) smelled funny and the signboard directing us to the place was unlit.

After all this we decided to go to Fariyas. This was my third visit to Fariyas and I would say its the best option in Lonavala. We stayed in the deluxe room. The room was lavish and comfortable like any other 5 star. We had taken the breakfast inclusive rate and the breakfast was too good with some really great options. (Not to mention delicious) We ordered room service once and the service was prompt.

The staff in general is friendly. In particular look out for Nithyanand (porter) and Kajol/Monish at the reception desk.

Two things though (we pointed this out to the reception) the mini-bar was empty and the rates are a bit on the higher side. I have been to Lonavala a lot of times, in hotels this is indeed the best option.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rushabhdoshi7
Fariyas-Management, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Mr Doshi,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked our product and services, especially room and food. I have shared your feedback with the team, who are equally happy to know about your experience.

Thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back and assure you of our best service.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The website of the hotel paints a great picture and we fell for it. For two nights we, a family of three, paid close to Rs 30K (including taxes) for the stay and the experience was nowhere close to being worth it. Parking your car is a problem unless you drive in early and grab a place. The sofa at the reception area is old with stinking fabric and millions of fruit-flies (we had to wait there for 45 minutes because we showed up 30 minutes ahead of time)!! The fan in the room did not work, we called housekeeping to get it fixed - two guys came, spent 15 minutes, could not fix it, promised to come back in 10 minutes - never did in two days. The site says they have an outdoor swimming pool with a spiral slide going into it and apparently people love it. Well, the pool was closed for renovation and nobody mentioned it. They have an indoor pool too - I have never been a great fan of them. The games facilities are inadequate for the size of the hotel and you will be lucky to get access to them. The food is grossly overpriced but does not taste that great - I have a picture of the menu - let me know if you want to see it. The breakfast spread (included in the room fare) is varied but most of the stuff is cold and tasteless. So, overall, I am never going back to this hotel if I can help it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank BratBiswas

Dear Ms. Biswas,,

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. I have noted your comment about various glitches and I sincerely regret your experience and assure you that I will speak with concerned team members and assure you I will address at the earliest.

We once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back to Fariyas Resort Lonavla in near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is one of the biggest resort in lonavala.
There are more than 160 rooms & More then 6 conference hall
swimming pool is also of big size.
During Evening there is live music, ghazal, in restaurant. ( some time)
Rooms are big enough with balcony.
Always go for room on third floor for beautiful view.
Its good time to visit during july and august. Food is excellent and staaff are really good n co operative.

Room Tip: room on third floor mountain facing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Fariyas-Management, General Manager at Fariyas Resort Lonavala, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mr Jimmy,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked our product and services, especially guest room, live gazal and water park. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are equally happy to know about your experience.

Thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back and assure you of our best service as always.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited Fariyas in June end for a conference. I stayed their for 2 nights. Food quality was good. Location is also good as I traveled from Mumbai to Lonavala and it is hardly 500 meter from main road.
They have good water park but I could not enjoy water park because of timing issues. It starts at 10 AM and end at 6 PM. They should extend water park time for conference guest so they can enjoy. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and liked our services. I have made a note about your comment regarding water park timings and will discuss with the team and extend timings as and when required.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The view of valley is breathtaking. But the resort doesn't have much of indoor activities to offer especially in winters.
Food is so predictable and you could get bored with it in a stay of two days. Definitely dont know how to make pasta.
Good hospitality and service unfortunately it ends there.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Monica H

Dear Ms. Monica,

Greetings from Fariyas Resort Lonavla and thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. I have noted your comment about food and indoor activities. I sincerely regret your experience and assure you that I will speak with my executive chef and make sure that we address your concern at the earliest.

Best regards