“Relaxing Time in Lonavala Monsoon”
Review of Chandralok Hotel

Chandralok Hotel
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed in Hotel Chandralok for three days in July 14. The Hotel is located centrally, close to market .

Staff and Management are very co-operative and helpful . Every one really wants to help and serve. Food is strictly vegetarian specially South Indian breakfast is good with lot of variety.

Hotel appears to be very popular for big group stay and veg thali which makes the place noisy at times in view of presence og large number of people simultaneously.

Lonavala is very enjoyable in monsoon.....low clouds, number of water falls and rain water every where ! Becomes crowded on week ends with lot of traffic . If one can manage, week day stay must be planned as we did.

Overall, a very relaxing holiday and very homely comfortable stay at Hotel Chandralok !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Kanwar R

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had stayed here for 2 nights and had booked 3 rooms. We had a nice stay. It's a nice and decent hotel, preferable for family stay. Though rooms were not very spacious but they were well designed and value for money. I didn't feel as though we were cramped in a room. The staff had been helpful and the food too tasted good. Overall a nice place to stay.

3  Thank SumitNagori
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Living in Mumbai, I frequent Lonavala very often as it's the ideal place for a quick getaway. I have stayed at most of the well-known retreats there yet faced a common problem in all: they all seem to be overpopulated (especially on weekends) or desolate to the point of making one feel uncomfortable. Both these problems seemed to be solved when I decided to stay at Chandralok.
The oldest hotel in Lonavala, I initially went there for the food. The gujarati thali served there is famous in the town, and was recommended to me by many locals. In January 2014, I went for a meal there with my family. The food surpassed my expectations, and I can rest assured that their thali is far superior to most thali joints in Bombay. The owner was present and made sure that we were attended to at all times, and even had special food made for my diabetic relative at no extra cost.
Impressed with the service, I decided to stay there the next time I visited with my friends. The room was clean and very comfortable, and more befitting its four-star status than certain other allegedly four star hotels in the town. All the required amenities were provided and it was ensured that our room was always clean. The staff was warm and courteous, and made sure that all our needs were catered to, even at odd hours. The owners were very friendly and told us about the best places to visit and eat at, which we probably would not have got to know of otherwise. The hotel itself has a friendly atmosphere, and at any given time you will find a large number of guests staying there, without feeling like they are intruding on your privacy. Since then, I have visited Chandraok several times, both with friends and family, and I must say that they quality of service has remained the same throughout. It's situated in the heart of the town, close to the market, station and bus stands so thankfully commuting is not a problem. A plus point is that they allow pets, so your dog doesn't need to get left out of a family vacation.
A very welcoming place, Chandralok is definitely my home away from home and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Lonavala. It has a good value for money, scrumptious food, and you can tell that the staff are helping not because they have to but because they want to; the genuine smiles on all their faces makes one come back over and over again.

4  Thank 286Tanvi
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I visited hotel chandralok last weekend and had a night halt there.I checked in at 12 o' clock and to my surprise room was not ready no one from the staff even apologized for that!!Room service Not at all good! Phone just keeps ringing.Rooms don't have any view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RANI345
hotelchandralok, Guest Relations Manager at Chandralok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear sir,
As per your feedback given, we understand that you were not happy with your stay at Hotel Chandralok.

We deeply regret for the same on behalf of our management assuring you that this will not happen in the future. Further we would like to extend our sincere thanks to you for sparing your valuable time amidst your busy schedule for your valuable feedback

Thanking you with all sincerity & looking forward to seeing you soon.

Rajnish Chaturvadi,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

They have finger licking delicious gujarati thali filled with delicacies which make you feel at home. Even though you're full, you'll feel like continuing to fill your tummy with the mouth watering food they give. The rooms are nice and cozy, the place has good hygiene standards and amazing service. the staff is decent as well. they made my weekend a memorable one
It's situated in the heart of lonavala, easy to reach and most importantly, it's affordable for the common man! :)
cheers to chandralok

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YashaKhuthia
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Had a typical gujarati thali on a very rainy Sunday afternoon .The food was more than my expectations. The hot rotis were dipped in loads of ghee!! The vegetables were great. .different kinds of dal and kadhi as per the palate ..a bit sweet and savoury. ..The desserts mango ras malai ..gajar halwa was awesome.. Service too was good ..fast and courteous. .will surely go there again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pooja R
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Perhaps, the best stay I have ever experienced. Hotel chandralok is the embodiment of best hospitality experience. In the 7 Nights I spent there, not once did I have any trouble.
The hotel staff is extremely friendly and the service is on the go. Everyone right down to the housekeeping is focused on giving best quality experience,

Perhaps the best thing about this hotel is its restaurant. The hotel serves authentic gujrathi thali, which is perhaps a collection of the best that the cuisine has to offer.It was really nice to see the owner himself come down to us to make sure our food was as per our demand. Also while there, we had the most insane cold coffee prepared by ,'shatrugna', probably had it more than 20 times.

Situated in the heart of the city, the hotel is a leisure center for anyone expecting high standards of living, affordable stay and some mouth watering food.
P.S: Try getting room 211, it probably has the best view.

Room Tip: 211, 213, 204 and 205 seem to be the best rooms.