“Relaxed Atmosphere”

Avion Holiday Resort
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel in a hurry, but we were not disappointed. The room was good and well maintained. The buffet was not bad. The staff were very courteous and helpful. We reached Lonavala around 10pm at night and couldn't find an auto rickshaw, since we were at the outskirts. But then the hotel arranged for one and also sent a security guard in that auto-rickshaw, which we felt was very thoughtful. I was sick while travelling to Lonavala, but never felt irritated because of it, due to the patience and hospitality of the staff. It is located in the heart of the town, which gives good access to many shops and especially a hospital (in my case). I am very pleased by the service and would recommend it, if you are a bit tolerant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had called front desk officer Joseph and he was very rude in talking and when asked to give call to someone else he hanged up the call. When I called up again Laxman picked up the call and again the experience was same. He asked to send query on the different email ID on which I have sent but never received any response. So called up again this time Priyanka had picked up the call and when asked her if anybody will respond to our query so she is like manager is not available and you might get answer after 4-5 hours. After 2 hours when again called up I got same response from Joseph and this time even with more rude sound. Really he is a jerk in the Avion hotel. Then some how I manage to get number of their manager Clain Fernandez. He said I am out of office and to give call next day. I really doubt if they really know what is hospitality business is? I just gave up my plan to book my holiday in this hotel as their staff is not ready to resolve queries before booking then i wonder if someone will book room then are they capable enough to make stay memorable. Really not worth place to book your holiday. There are much more good option in Lonavala but this would be my last option in Lonavala.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Harshilshah
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is not a good hospitality expected from booking.com and Avion holiday resort. We have already mentioned to booking.com and front desk officer, manager of the hotel that the booking was done in error. This was a human error as we are new to the booking.com system and as we haven't entered any credit card details, we were just trying to find out net rates including tax but as we were already signed in, the payment went through while checking net rates payable including tax. Immediately after this we cancelled the booking and since then following up with booking.com as well as the hotel regarding refund on the ground of human error but in vein. Initially on 04/07 hotel mentioned that they can't refund the amount so we requested them to allow us to check in (though it was not our plan) so that at least we can use the facility for what we have been charged for but hotel asked us to communicate with booking.com and ask them to send an email to the hotel regarding reconfirmation of check in. Upon their request we asked booking.com to send an email to the hotel which they did but hotel never responded them back on 04/07. We again called up in the hotel and really surprised with the way front desk officer Ms Priyanka, Mr. Joseph and Mr. Laxman talking. They were really very very rude in talking and i really doubt that do they have done any professional hospitality course as they don't know how to talk with the client. We also talked to their manager Mr Cain Fernandez regarding the whole scenario and he said i am out so give him call today i.e. 05/07. Accordingly we called him today regarding status of our refund and we heard the same answer that I am out and he will give us a call back but since then we never heard back from him. This is really unprofessional and I don't know how Avion holidays will earn good name in the market with such a junk staff. Since yesterday we were awaiting positive response from booking.com and hotel but after 36 hrs we are now informed by booking.com that hotel has rejected our request this means they saved use of their 2 rooms from us and at the same time I am sure they must have sold these 2 rooms to someone else. This means they got double the price for their 2 rooms. This is not done. I agree that Terms and conditions are always mentioned on the site to protect misuse of the service but it has to be considered case to case basis. In our case we did online booking (in error) on 04/07 at 01:51 pm (i.e. way beyond check in time of the hotel) and immediately at 02:00 pm i.e. within 10 mins we cancelled the booking to rectify the error. This shows that we were not intended to go to Lonavala and stay in this hotel on 04/07 but booking was done in error while checking net price after tax. With a pitty i want to make aware to the people whoever reading this review and planning their next stay in this hotel, please beware of this hotel and also advise not to use booking.com as their rates are not clear online and customer service is pathetic. I don't think one will get hospitality where staff is working just for their salary and those who don't know H of the hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bagpackkaro
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is located right in the heart of the market. So, don't except serenity and calm when you step outside of the hotel. The rooms could have been more nicer. The pillows were stiff. They have a small garden which in a way is good. The breakfast was good. There are two good restaurants just outside the hotel. Ramakrishna and Kumar Resorts. Overall OK hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdy2004
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were two families and booked our rooms on-line quite easily. Avion is situated on the main road with a nice and pleasant. Surroundings were good enough. Hotel staff welcomed our arrival and immediately allotted rooms to us. The resort looks like a resort and we do not have any complaints.

Few suggestions-
Add more games to Games rooms & expand breakfast and dinner menu..

Overall we really enjoyed..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved it. They had beautiful large rooms in the new wing. It had this big bay window. it was the monsoon season, so you can image the green view we got. Their food was excellent. I went there to simply chill for two days before i returned to the rigmarole of life. I was totally relaxed after my stay there. Interestingly,some major medicine brand was having a conference there at the same time and it was bustling with med reps. But we didn't get disturbed at all. very good experience.

Room Tip: Not sure about the original wing, but I'll vouch for the new wing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked 2 rooms for my mum and her school friends for their first overnight reunion. This is the feedback they shared - Rooms were good...but service not that prompt and food definitely poor...Overall not impressed

Room Tip: Avoid eating ur meals if u wanna try staying here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends