“Good Stay at Lonavala”

Citrus Hotel Lonavala
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Lonavala
“Good Stay at Lonavala”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a good stay at Citrus last week. Apart from a decent property the hotel can definitely boast of a very co-operative and warm staff. A special mention goes to the Head Chef - Mr. Rehman who with his culinary delights made the stay more comfortable and palatable, helping to overlook certain deficiencies i.e. small parking, ill-equipped games room and rooms not having a mentionable view. Overall, a good stay and thanks again to Rehman and his team!!
CA Nanik J. Mahtani

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sandeep C, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this review, 18 January 2017
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and effort in sharing your feedback as it enables us to measure and improve our performance.

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time & effort in sharing your wonderful experience. I am pleased to note that the experience at Citrus Resorts met your expectations & made your stay enjoyable.

We value your support and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Sandeep Chandan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Pune, India
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice place to stay at Lonavala. Before entering the busy Lonavala market, a very nice place to stay with Family and friends. Smaller parking place but overall nice place. Near to Railway and Bus stand for those coming by train or Bus. Nice ambience and quality of food quite good.

Room Tip: Take Garden facing room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Pune, India
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a summer package for 2 nights and drove in with my family. Made to wait for over half an hour before checkin this despite them having called previous day and confirming my arrival time. Their checkin time is 12noon. I reached at 12.15 but room was not ready. My small son got restless and cranky. Not the welcome I expected. Inside the room, paint was good but some electrical fittings are old and broken. The bathroom too has some leaky fittings. A torn packet of cadburys was left in the maxi bar which had attracted ants. They cleaned it after we requested. Frequent powercuts in the afternoon (though) has generator backup which takes time to switchover. Also noticed brownish water in the tap in the afternoon. Restaurant food is good but service is too slow. They do sweet talks and greets when you meet them in corridors...but basic service like fetching water, restaurant services needs lot of improvement. They have a small parking for 4-5 cars only but, use valet and alleys in front for parking guest cars. Swimming pool was good and well maintained. It appears, they get big groups from Mumbai every weekends (one such group was visiting when I was there) and their entire energy is directed to keep them happy than keeping smaller individual/families satisfied. Overall, based on this experience, I will not visit again...

1 Thank BJ96
Dear Guest,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit to the hotel. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for not giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention to our heads of department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, We apologise for the inconvenience and annoyance those incidents caused.

I request you to please treat this incident as non-representative of the Citrus experience and give us another opportunity to make amends.

you may reach me on sandeep.chandan@citrushotels.in for any further assistance.

Regards
Mumbai
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights on occasion of my wife's bday. The staff arranged the cafe as requested and specified by me. I must say it was a tasty cake. Swimming pool is big and good. Food is great. Location is peaceful. Staff is very helpful.
Now some facts also.. Washrooms in dining area smell really bad. Hotel does not have spa and gym. The games room has a lot of scope for improvement.

1 Thank prateekjain2003

Reviewed 19 May 2014

i had the best time at citrus hotel, lonavla. The staff were too co-operative. The breakfast was awesome, i had been to citrus for my wedding anniversary, the chef greeted us and made special food for us during the occasion,the Chef Rehman deserves a mention. Super duper stay........

Room Tip: we had been in room no 32 and that had nice dining view.............
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mehta_puru2008
GiteshGehani, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Lonavala, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank your choosing to stay with Citrus Lonavala.

We appreciate the time and effort you have taken out to post your feedback about your experience. I will definitely pass on your compliments to Chef Rehman

We take great pride in our product and service and are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us. My staff and I truly appreciate your generous compliments and this serves as great motivation to us.

I do look forward to seeing you back at Citrus Lonavala soon!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Citrus Lonavala is too good. This was my second time stay at the same hotel...We enjoyed every moment in that hotel. The over all facility provided by them right from the rooms, garden area, food lounge area, valet parking, room service, swimming pool area, mini theatre area, cleanliness of the premises are really worth talking about. The quality & the quantity of the food provided is awesome. We do not think of going out for food elsewhere. Thanks to chef Rehman & Jayendra
Bhupendra from Admin, service support staff Surjeet, Brahma & Jaggu , are really very cheerful and cooperative. They see to it that not a single stone remains unturned to make our stay pleasant and comfortable.
If it is Lonavala then my stay will be surely in CItrus
Well done Team...keep up the good show.

Room Tip: Since mine was a very small family, I opted for delux room. For bigger families, they have very goo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Citrus Lonavala as your preferred destination.

I am delighted to know that my staff has been successful in winning you over, with their zeal to serve. There is no better encouragement and motivation for my staff and myself, than to read your generous feedback.

I do look forward to welcoming you all back to Citrus Lonavala, which I hope is sometime in the near future.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel has quaint, well kept rooms. The staff cater to all needs and are very accomodative. Although it isn't amidst mountians, the Hotel maintains the image of a quiet idle get away. The restaurant serves the best food especially continental in Lonavala. The Chefs Tanka Kumar and Rehman Bipin deserve a mention. During our short stay we were very well taken care of by Mr. Gaurav Kende, Mr. Shabir Wane and Ms. Glory. Mr. Jaggu and Mr. Gaurav Mahedek were extremely hospitable at the restaurant. The only disadvantage is the lack of scenery but the ambience of the hotel and welcoming staff would change anybody's mind!

2 Thank Sanjna16