“a fab one!!!”
Review of Sunny's Retreat

Sunny's Retreat
Ranked #3 of 74 Lonavala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 October 2012

First impression lasts n it relle does...well....Rooms were large, the largest , meticulously cleaned every day .The food was great especially (aloo parathas), wonderful choice for both breakfast and dinner. The staffs were attentive and well behaved. The pool area was well managed.. good ambience and highly recommended to everyone...

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnshuPune

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Home away from home...love the place it gives me lots of peace n everytime I need a break from everything I just drive to the resort... The staff and everyone there is just so helpful... The owner himself is always on his feet helping the guests around and making them feel at home... Its a great place to stay at... Really peaceful... Really relaxing...

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I booked this hotel from 4th - 6th Oct '12. The staff at the reception quickly assisted me with my luggage. As soon as I entered my room, the ambience and the aminity provided in the room was almost like a 4star deluxe/ 5 star Hotel. They also have rainshower fecility which is rare in most of the star catogary hotels as well.
In this hotel you can enjoy swimming pool, garden, some indoor games and extra ordinary luxury.
The hotel staff is too professional and the credit goes to Mr. Sunny as he himself carries the quality of true hospitality. My LCD was not clear for sometime, I was immedietly assited with a guy who made it clear within minutes.
There are many examples that can be given for excellent service for this hotel.
If you are looking for a true luxury with affordable price.....this is the place to be in.
Try hotel yourself and I am sure you will love the place..
Recommended for families as well.

Room Tip: Rooms with Swimming Pool view are very peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I would not even like to experience a stay at this place. They are rude on the phone and can only give u rooms if you stay for a minimum of 2 days. The assumed everyone has a holiday. Even when I said I don't they refused to give me rooms even when they had 2 rooms still empty..

I use to enjoy sunny's dhaba. Now even that is out of my list. Poor poor host these guys are!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank b_preeti76
257Sunny, Owner at Sunny's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

dear mam,
i m sure you had a bad experience with sunnys retreat , but trust me mam for me my major concern is always been guest satisfaction , i m sure once you come down to this property your view for this hotel will change for good , give us a chance to cover our mistakes

sunny wadhwani

Reviewed 30 July 2012

we plan our journey little late but whn we reached we thought we will nt get the room but at last we got sunny resort.good service,n the hotel is by middle in lonawala located between mountains.they should start kitchen or restaurant as soon as possible.i liked it vry much

Room Tip: 2nd floor is vry btter look of out side n low noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aditya T
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Location : Within 1.5 Km from Lonavala railway station, Off Pune-Mumbai Highway

So, do not expect to see a nice mountain range from your window. The hotel is at the center of the town. As a result, there are several eating options winthin walking range.

Price: This is the only flip side of the hotel. We felt that the hotel is slightly overpriced. It charges Rs. 4500/- per night for a delux room and Rs. 5500/- per night for a super delux room. Given the fact that almost all hotels in Lonavala are bit overpriced, this is okay.

The BADs:

The list for cons is short. So let me finish this first.

1. Complementary breakfast is available only on Sunday. They breakfast includes a lot of items though (Puri-sabji, Poha, Sand-witches, Cornflakes).
2. The hotel provides snacks, cofee-tea etc but all the items are overpriced. One simple cup of coffee is Rs. 30/- for example.
3. No scenic beauty available from window.
4. No cards are accepted. Cash only!!!!

The GOODs:

Well, a lot of things are good about the hotel.

1. The hotel staffs are really nice. Well behaved, courteous, helpful and very punctual. We asked them to arrange for a taxi for a day trip in and around Lonavala. The manager helped us to negotiate the price when we decided not to visit few useless spots and to spend longer than usual time in few others.
2. The room we got was clean. The lilens had few spots from older guests though, but nothing serious. However, only two big towels were provided. We expected few short towels as well in a hotel of this price range. No free toiletries save one small soap. The second day the soap was not even replaced.
The room was spacious and loaded with a lot of useful furniture (wardrobe, table, tea table, two side tables, two big chairs, one small chair etc). One particular thing we noticed. There were a lot of plug points very strategically placed.
3. The bathroom was fitted with Jaguar. We liked them. However, the bathroom had a serious flaw. While taking shower, we found that the water spilled over the shower area and flooded the entire bathroom. It was a real nightmare. Should be done something immediately.
4. The hotel provides menu cards of two restaurants, one Veg and one Non-veg. Remember, the hotel does not have their own restaurant. The delivery from these restaurants were on time, the foods were hot and the price reasonable. The Non-veg foods were bit greasy though.

So, in summary, it was a nice stay at this hotel. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Take front facing room to get bright sunshine in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piyarin
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel really stands out......beautiful large and clean rooms, well lit and well maintained. The feel is very cosy, ideal for families, though only one draw back, the resort does not have a restaurant, but overall the resort is superb.......Highly recomended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family