“Always had a pleasant stay in "Sunny's Retreat"”
Review of Sunny's Retreat

Sunny's Retreat
Ranked #4 of 72 Lonavala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed many times in the hotel,we always had a very good experience.

My experience about...

Reception : Its good neat and clean.

Rooms : Beautiful..Well maintained..Neat and clean..No stinking..Well painted..Windows covered with good quality of curtains..LCD with proper channels and clarity..Good quality of wooden furniture..Fresh and clean bedsheets..Good quality of mattress..Quite and proper working split A/c..Impressive LED lights..Mind Blowing design above the beds(with blue lights)..Etc.

Washrooms : Impressive and Modern amenities..clean too.

Passage : Nice..Clean..I appreciate (For security reason) CCTV camera is installed.

Lift : Working in proper condition.

Lobby : Spacious and good sitting arrangements.(Sofa's)

Entertainment : Pool table..Table Tennis..Jumbo big screen TV kept in the lobby.

Swimming Pool : Short n sweet..(If anybody want big pool try some water park).For a family it's enough.

Car Parking : Sufficient.

Staff : Front Office Managers(Mr. Dilip & Mr. Bharat) Very friendly with me as I'm a regular guest of them(appreciate)..I have never seen any of them(Full Staff) misbehaving with any guest.

Supervisor : Mr. Deva (Very humble and co-operative).

Food : They have started few months back,quality and quantity is good.(All The Best for future).

(When I went 1st time in "Sunny's Retreat" Mr. Sunny only attend me on the reception and took check in details of mine..(Although other staff also was there but they were busy with other guests)..He was very humble to me and like ("Yes sir.. Ok sir)..Later I come to know he is the owner of "Sunny's Retreat".(Appreciate)

This is my experience in "Sunny's Retreat"

Thank You (Entire Management & Owner)

[ Shoaib Hussain ]

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shoaibhussain2013
Sunny W, Owner at Sunny's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Sunny's Retreat is a cozy hotel in the heart of Lonavala Town, The location although does not have great views of the valley, but is located within walking distance of the bustling market place and at the same time a away from the noise and jamboree of the city. The rooms are extremely clean and have modern interiors, with perfect laundered bedsheets and spring mattresses (Although i hate sprint mattresses, but kids loved them!!). The small Swimming pool is perfect for kids below 14 years. They have a few activities like pool table, table tennis, Carom etc, to keep the kids busy.

The team at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. The promoter Mr. Sunny is personally involved in the management this keeps all the staff on their toes, his hotel management education also helps in trying to achieve a level of guest satisfaction

The food quality is excellent but the menu range is limited, as i think their other venture Sunny's Dhabha's lineage in catering helps in serving great food.

We were two families and we stayed for 4 nights, our primary place of visit was Adlabs Imagica & Dellas Adventure. We prefered staying at Lonavla instead of Bombay and our entire stay was very comfortable ay Sunny's, they even arranged for the cook to come in early and open the kitchen at 6am for an early full menu breakfast as we were leaving back home at 7am (They usually start serving BF after 7.30am)

Now on the pricing, it screams VALUE, for the kind of rooms they offer and the food. The only irritant during our stay was the overt pushing and constant followup of subscribing to taxi rental by one of the staff for sight seeing. (We ended up taking up the taxi although we had our own cars!!, the followup was so intense)

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Lonavala with a budget of below 5-6K/day, anything above 8K/day Dukes retreat would be the best place because of the views it offers (But the expressway which runs below the hotel has spoilt the charm of Dukes retreat).

Room Tip: Any rooms are good, but don't expect any views as the only views outside the window are neigbour...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2013

What I like most about this hotel is 'Rooms'. Comfortable stay in big and clean room with really good double-beds. Bathroom was having latest fixtures and fittings (no bathtub btw). A/C, designer lights and sunlight arrangements was upto the mark. Hotel service was good and service staff was very co-operative. Swimming pool was small (no one else was using it), so no problem for me. They have a TT table and Caram arrangement also. Pool table was paid. They have very limited options for lunch/dinner, so you may like to go outside for food (5 min walk to main market to get many eating options).

Now come to the glitch (which was the manager of this hotel). While reaching Lonawla (which was around 9 in night), I called the hotel for direction (while coming first time), manager picked the phone and he started asking me 'if i need a taxi for site-seeing, we had a good package, and bla bla' rather than giving me direction how to reach. I feel it was little early as I am asking him the direction (it was late night), he may guide me properly and explain 'his package' later on reaching the hotel also.

Well, We were 3 adults and our booking ticket was clearly mentioned with 3 adult stay, but manager told us that nowhere it is written that hotel need to provide extra bed for 3rd people (of-course we paid extra for 3rd person while booking via cleartrip). So, looks like manager want to say that 3 people can stay in room (because it's written in our booking ticket), but he won't give extra bed (we were little shocked because 3 adult booking means one extra bed for 3rd person, and no hotel till now questioned on us for it). Well, we explained that we paid extra for 3rd person to cleartrip and why not you talk to them, but on this he showed me hotel room charges. It was little wearied as we just entered in hotel and face all these problems. Again the manager remind me about 'tour taxi', and I noted down the number. However next day I end up booking some other taxi due to price difference (which probably manager doesn't like). He inquired two times on how I am going and all .... even one taxi driver from hotel called me saying 'sir, you have booked today from us" (which i didn't, so it means the manager leaked my phone number to that taxi driver). Well later, manager again catch me and said I paid more and he was giving a better deal. So later, there was no welcome on managers face and he ignored us. I don’t like this attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Rooms are well maintained and best in the price tag.
Swimming is maintained well, we went during Ganesh chaturdi, so cleaning process is happening there, we didnt use much facilities there. Mix pakoda is a must try there from their own kitchen. If you order food from outside hotels, they will charge very high on items. Wifi is not accessible in rooms, and they suggested us to come down to reception to access wifi, which is very annoying.
Staff are not that much helpful for arranging local sightseeing. In fact they will suggest you high price travels to get their commission. Dont go for it.
We (couple) got a very good human being(approx 50 years uncle) in the form of driver through local travels and he has shown us patiently all locations giving us as much time as we want, at best price (Rs.1000/-).
I recommend him/his family(they have 5 cars of different types) for local sight seeing.
He is Shinde, M : 9960536119.
If you dont use swimming pool, I suggest you Cosset, a boutique hotel. A local pizza center is der near water world, pizza is very good and spicy but cost is as high as Dominos.

Room Tip: 205 and 105 are better. If not them, try 206 or 106
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kartheek1987
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The rooms were nice with all basic amenities. There's nothing much in the hotel except a small swimming pool. The service was below average and the staff was lazy. We received a lazy welcome and an even lazier goodbye,Overall a nice stay !!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a nice clean hotel at affordable rate Lonavala. The swimming pool is not very big but it is maintained very well. The location of the hotel is also good.... quite close to main market. But the best part is cleanliness - very well maintained hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you sir....

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed with my wife from 16th-18th August' 13 in Super Deluxe Room . Booking process was hassle free (I booked from Dubai). The best part is that room is spacious, hotel is clean and very well located i.e. away from busy city road traffic and not that far from railway station.

Below are pros and cons of this hotel:

Pros:
1. Hotel staff is very good and helping, quick response time, Mr Dilip was the best staff out there.
2. Rooms are very clean and spacious as well for couple.
3. Hotel breakfast was very good and hygienic as well.
4. Swimming pool is neat and clean.
5. Very good hotel location, I reached there (Lonavala station) by Train and then took a Rickshaw, distance is just 5 minutes.

Cons:
1. The owner should do something about the hot water, I got to know that it comes from Solar Heater which is very bad, as I visited in rainy season didn't get direct hot water, but hotel mgr arranged for hot water buckets, still take a note of this.
2. Hotel doesn't has restaurant due to which I had to order lunch and dinner from outside hotels, but for delivery our hotel charged 10% of bill amount every time I ordered which was very bad.
3. Card payment will charge some 10-18% extra tax, so had to pay bills by cash. No receipt given after bill pay.
4. Room 206 which was booked by me 15 days back, after reaching the hotel I was told that room is already given to someone else.

Suggestion:
Hotel is good for couples and families, it also has carrom, table tennis, etc facilities.
As I didnt get room 206 I got shifted to Room 205, but trust me room 205 has good view compared to 206, check out the pics I have uploaded.
Overall a good pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jai G

Thank you sir.....it means a lot to us.