“Multi cuisine in a truly world class resort!!”

PNF Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Lonavala
Description: A sophisticated sanctuary peppered with cozy nooks, PNF Restaurant & Bar serves up authentic Indian, Malwani and Oriental delights with a twist. Our chef’s signature brand of creativity features a veritable epicurean tour with highlights such as Murg Kaju Ka Shorba, Fish Koliwada, Ratan Manjusha, Meen Gassi, Dakshini Jhinga Biryani, Kolambi Masala, Laksa Lemak, Massaman Curry and Pad Thai Noodles.Experience an intimate atmosphere with the dining room’s wonderful décor housing plush leather armchairs and dark woodwork, complemented by a stunning bar with a unique equestrian touch. Housing grand views that overlook the golf course, PNF Restaurant & Bar captures the energy and flavours of timeless classics.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Situated in the Adventure Park that belongs to Della Adventure Resort, PNF is a multi-cuisine restaurant which has a lively bar scene but also has in house dining. We had spent a considerable amount of time in the Adventure Park which boasts of a surreal amount of adventure sports and also has the facility of dog walking (they have awesome dogs) and horse riding! Anyway, the experience is awesome and hence I deviate....I apologise!

The ambiance of this restaurant is very rustic and they play an array of lively Indian songs at quite a high volume. Normally I would shake my finger at this as I hate having to shout across the table to hold a decent conversation but this restaurant is within the adventure park and does not pose itself as fine dining and the bar is an intrinsic part of this restaurant where people are high on their post adventure adrenaline rush and are fortifying themselves with liquid courage/sustenance. There are often large groups in resorts like this as many corporates have their team building get togethers in places such as these so there will always be large, often noisy groups of joyous revellers.

The bathrooms in this restaurant, actually in the common areas of this entire resort deserve a paragraph of their own. This resort is the brain child of a fellow mad Bawa ( I'm sure we're related somewhere, all bawas are unfortunately) Jimmy Mistry. There is so much attention to detail paid to every aspect of this hotel ( read my review on trip adviser soon) but the bathrooms in the public areas are hilarious!!! Let's just suffice it by saying when you walk into the ladies bathroom you will almost certainly run out thinking you've walked into the men's bathroom and vice versa. The decor is hilarious in an ingeniously mischievous way!! Go there to see this first hand, I don't want to spoil it for you.

We were not very hungry so we ordered only one starter and then our mains:

1. Chicken Hot and sour soup @ Rs. 255/- : Now I know this is a lot to write about a soup, but this was a really really good hot and sour soup, possibly the best version I've eaten in a non fine dining restaurant!
Firstly, it was piping hot. There's nothing more unappetising than semi-congealed soup!!
Secondly, the soup was so well balanced and flavourful that we didn't need to add anything. The spice and sourness were so beautifully married!
Thirdly, the chicken was so so tender and generous in helping. Also, often restaurants add shredded boiled chicken to the soup, this looked like it had been sous vide or something...even if it was indeed plain old boiled shredded chicken, it just tasted different. It was so juicy and truly lifted the flavour of this soup!

2. Dakshini Jheenga Biryani @ Rs. 575/- : We had been told that this place had good Malvani food in addition to the regular North Indian and Oriental food the menu boasts of. Malvani to me sets off alarm bells as it signifies chillies and loads of it.
We were all pleasantly surprised because it was very flavourful, had some kick but not overtly spicy where you need to be gulping copious amounts of water whilst eating. Usually I order a biryani when I don't know what to eat. I'm glad we ordered this one. The ratio of fragrant rice to masala to the prawns was perfect. It was wonderfully moist without being mushy and the prawns were cooked to perfection. They use king prawns and are generous with them.
Accompanied by a vegetable raita but it went untouched as the biryani needed nothing to compliment it. It was perfect as is.

3. Kolambi Masala @ Rs. 575/- : We were confused when this was served mainly because the dish was described as a prawn dish with dry thick coconut masala and then there was also a curry version on the menu. We didn't want gravy really and that's why we ordered the masala and not the curry version.
When the dish was served it was clearly a prawn curry. We checked with the server and he said that both the dishes ( the dry and curry version) were the same! Huh?? We asked him to check again as we really didn't want gravy but he insisted it was the way this dish was prepared. We didn't want to probe this further so we let it go.
The gravy was very good In flavour I must say but it was not an authentic Malvani gravy. Malvani food is a combination of Maharashtrian and Goan food as it's origins are from Sindhudurg.
The curries are fiery spicy and usually have a thicker and thinner combination of gravy attributed to them using thickly grated coconut for the bulk of the masala as well as coconut milk for the gravy. This was very one toned. The prawns however were well cooked and it was a good dish, just different from what we had ordered in our minds.

4. Laccha Parathas: In my mind laccha parathas are made on a flat top not in a tandoor. Some restaurants however use a tandoor to make them, this one included. The reason I mention this is, I often don't order naan as I don't like the charred bits that are almost obligatory on a good naan. It ruins the meal for me. Therefore I usually opt for a laccha paratha as I feel it's safer.
There is no two ways about this, they were seriously burnt. So much so that we had to send them back and the new ones that came out were equally burnt. Our food was getting cold and so we just stuck with the burnt parathas.

Overall, the service is very good, attentive and the food is good too! Not authentic perhaps, but very very good. I'd definitely recommend you to try it, I know I definitely will be back for more.

2  Thank soulmia
DellaAdventure, General Manager at PNF Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience at Della Adventure. Apart from PNF restaurant we have Carbon Cafe, Creme Della, The Bakery and Cafe 24 at Della Resorts. We suggest that you try one of these restaurants on your next visit.
We are happy that you liked the quirkiness of the place, special attention has be given to the design and decor.
Coming to the service and treatment given, it is made sure that our guests have no complaints and get the service they expect.
It's great that you liked our food, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind for the food.
We look forward to seeing you again, thank you for visiting.