“Very Poor Service”
Review of Hotel Sun World

Hotel Sun World
Ranked #17 of 26 Kanyakumari B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel staff are very aggressive and full of attitude , they are thinking like owner off the hotel, Not responding asap, all food price are like 4-5 star hotel price. I will not recommend to anyone to stay in that hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Rajesh S

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I never book hotels online after learning that there are always better options when you are onsite. When I asked for room in Sun World, they said they have Non/Ac for INR 1000 and Ac for INR 1800. After checking the room my girlfriend selected Non/Ac room, then they told that the room that we had selected is Sea facing so there would be extra charge of INR 200. I discussed with the manager that they never talked about sea facing or non-sea facing. Manager had an attitude to say that I must have not heard about extra charges. I decided to leave the hotel and look for another one, then manager realized his mistake and gave us the sea-facing room for INR 1000. Room was spacious and bed was awesome, view from the balcony was heart touching and gorgeous. I spent 2 days at this hotel, as the location was very convenient to go to any famous location in kanyakumari, mostly walkable. Room Service is not that great as you will have to phone at least twice for the same thing. ADVICE - Don't book hotels online as there are lots of options when you are actually there. Next time I will try Hotel Sea View.

Room Tip: Look for Room on 3rd and 4th Floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank faithinwork
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just stayed one night in this heavily occupied, busy and crowdy hotel. Upon my arrival, when I saw the crowd, I thought that I came to some Dharamsala (a common place for people to rest). It was so noisy and everyone were talking, shouting (including kids playing) without caring of others. Anyhow, after a quick check in, I managed to go to my room, which was great – a big room, with big and comfortable bed, nice balcony with little sea view. Other facilities in rooms were limited – just a TV mostly with south Indian channels (No English or Hindi News Channels), which was useless for me. Bathroom was okay with just a soap and shampoo. I had to follow several times until 8 pm (starting from 2 pm) to give me toilet paper, hangers and towels, which was very disappointing. You can see what kind of hangers I got after several follow ups in attached photos. The hotel has a restaurant which doesn’t looked nice from any angles, which was again crowded for nothing and the service was very poor. The staff looked like very new and unknown to everything, probably untrained and under aged (at least 2 kids working as waiters). The hotel also provided buffet breakfast which was another disaster as I hardly managed to find food even after asking for it several times. If one food is available, another is missing and people around were very disappointed. This was complete mismanagement by the hotel and I got an impression that they are cheating guests without serving/attending properly, especially when we are paying high tariff. Overall good things about this hotel was that its bed room was great and all the main tourist locations in Kanyakumari are just in walking distance as of many other hotels around this area.

Room Tip: Higer floor facing sea
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mukesh S
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Felt the front desk was a bit rude and inflexible. Mostly trying to make money rather than help guests. Free Breakfast was not so good. Bad service. You will get towels only when you ask. Bathroom was not clean; Plumber not available at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank J J
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My family had dinner at Sunworld's restaurant NKR.The restaurant has an elegant appearance built as the next block of the hotel.The hotel gets tourist buses booked customers but the air conditioned multi cuisine restaurant is a calm area. They serve vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes.Soups and dishes we ordered were tasty and freshly prepared.Among north Indian items,tandoori roti was not in the menu.Most of the dishes are charged around Rs.90/-.Mosquitoes were biting us now and then while eating.The service was courteous and fast.They charge ten percent extra amount in the bill as service charge.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KrishnakumarCM
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Hotel Sun World situated in a very good location.This hotel 'looks' nice. It is also located in a good location near to market.
The people at the reception were very rude and harsh.We had Booked Eight rooms in this hotel, but all had very bad experience. At 10 "o" clock they stopped A/c & started back at 04:00 am in the morning,Intercom were not working to give complaint.Front desk told us break fast time 07:00 am , but when reached at restaurant they told , it will be ready by 08:00 am. So we went outside without taking break fast.The restaurant is very bad,unclean. The hotel is not able to provide air condition for restaurant.
Had a very bad experience.The front desk people are very arrogant and unhelpful.
So the bottom line is avoid this hotel to avoid headache to you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Manish25feb
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel 'looks' nice. It is also located in a good position. The room was slightly more expensive than it should have been & was very hot even with the powerful fan on. It was noisy, doors were slamming loudly from 5am until 11pm. Every day one tour group would roll out & the next would roll in. Every night I had people hammering on my door, trying to turn my door handle & pressing my door bell (which sounds like an annoying game show buzzer). I was thankful for the bolt lock & became paranoid about ensuring I locked it from the inside incase I forgot & someone broke in. Sometimes I would answer the door to find someone scurrying off without so much as an apology for incorrectly disturbing me. This happened 3/4 times per evening each evening between 6pm & 11pm. Sometimes it was scary, with really violent banging & kicking of my door. I complained to reception three times but they dismissed it, telling me 'it is just because they are a group' which didnt explain anything or prevent it from happening. To add to this, on the first 2 nights I had a few bites on me when I woke up. They were annoying but I accepted that it could be anything. On my last night I was very itchy but also very tired because of all the disturbances & heat. When I woke up I was covered in 30+ bites. I noticed 2 tiny bugs near the pillow. It was at that point that I checked out of the hotel. The staff barely looked at me during the check out & didn't ask me about my stay. Please don't stay here & certainly don't pay for more than one night in advance.

• Stayed: October 2013