All reviews bali dive trek furniture instructor shower resort bungalow
Reviewed 12 February 2018

It was my first time visiting Bali so I didn't really know what to expect. I chose Bunga Laut because it was part of Bali Dive Trek, which was the diving centre I chose to do my technical dive training with. I sent lots of e-mails to Bunga Laut and Bali Dive Trek before my trip as I had lots of questions and every e-mail and question was answered quickly and professionally. They organised their driver to pick me up from the airport at a very good rate. Upon arrival I was greeted by the staff who took my bags to my room and gave me an ice cold refreshing beverage as a welcome gift. My room was very clean and looked very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean with plenty of fresh towels of varying sizes. The shower was my favorite as it was outdoor with beautiful plants and lava pebbles for decoration (there are rooms with indoor showers available) The staff are very friendly and know your name and room number before you order your first meal or beverage. I only ate out once because the quality of food at the restaurant and the service from the staff is amazing. I'd recommend Buga Laut to my friends and family or anyone looking for a relaxing getaway at a clean and friendly hotel. If you're into diving then it's a big plus as Bali Dive Trek is part of the hotel and can organise all sorts of diving activities from fun dives to technical dive training. Thank you Bunga Laut!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Antoine M, Propriétaire at Bunga Laut Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello Spritzor,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Bunga Laut Bungalow.

We try to give our best in terms of comfort, service, quality of accommodation,...to offer you an exceptional stay.

We are looking forward to organize your next vacation.

Best regards,

Team Bunga Laut Bungalow.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Not on walking distance from the village but a very nice place to stay. Stayed only 2 nights but liked it very much. The diving school is helpful when you want to go snorkeling as well. Clean and large rooms. Bathroom also large and clean. Great balcony on most of the rooms. Only thing to improve is the Wifi which was quite slow and maybe a bar to have a drink outside the restaurant area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Antoine M, Owner at Bunga Laut Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and happy to see that our hotel and our dive center pleased you.

Concerning the bar area, we have a project which is in progress.

Glad to see you anytime,
Best regards.

Bunga Laut's team

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Our stay did not get off to the best start as the hotel is quite isolated and you have to travel down some pretty bad dirt roads. On arrival we were shown to our 'Family Room with Sea View" that was advertised as having a king bed and 2 singles, but it didn't - it was a king and a double. As we have 2 children this was not what we wanted. The staff eventually organised a swap to 2 other rooms but it meant our children were in a separate room to us. One staff member then proceeded to tell me I was wrong and that the rooms don't have twin beds and even after I showed her the webpage clearly stating twin beds she continued to argue with me.
The rooms were in a (apparently) brand new block of about 6 rooms. The rooms are large, with nice bathrooms BUT the beds are rock hard, there is not enough water to have 1 decent shower, let alone for 2 people and there is no furniture in the room other than a bed and a small bar fridge. So the rooms are very stark and the lack of a TV was worth noting. Perhaps they will furnish them as time goes by.
It is a small resort and most of the staff were very friendly, it has a pleasant feel and a nice pool. Small things like having to find a staff member to get the mats for the pool lounges was frustrating but easily fixed by just laying them out each day (there were only 6 beds).
The menu is limited and the food is often very slow to arrive but most of it was ok without being great.
What saved this stay for us was the dive centre and the great staff they have working there, all helpful, professional and nice people. They organised a dive for our kids which was amazing and we all had a great time.
In my opinion, this resort is a fantastic dive centre that has accommodation. If you're not into diving then I would struggle to recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Fantastic place. Excellent value, great friendly staff and seamless integration with dive operation (DiveTrek) makes this and excellent spot for a dive holiday. Mark and the dive team were great and cater for all kinds of divers including close circuit re-breathers.
Rooms are spacious and clean and modern, food is excellent, service is friendly and attentive.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Antoine M, Owner at Bunga Laut Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for taking a time to put a coment in Tripadvisor.

Hope to see you next time for another fun dive adventure.
Our staff is looking forward to welcome you back.

Best Regards,
Bali Dive Trek Team

Reviewed 27 September 2016

The overall experience was great. Sympathetic staff, clean and relaxing environment. Spacious and well designed rooms with a panorama view on the countryside. View to mount Agung. Professional diving instructors/school and trips. Thanks we'll visit again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple