“great view, nice rooms, good for snorkelling”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Eka Purnama Cottages
Ranked #30 of 76 Amed B&B and Inns
“great view, nice rooms, good for snorkelling”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

- nice and quiet resort near Amed.
- 1 minute walk to japanese ship wreck - good for snorkelling.
- rocky beach, but there is another sandy (ish) beach (5 minutes walk).
- really nice food,
- great view.
- pick up from airport can be arranged

We stopped there for a coupe of days and it was amazing!
no wi-fi, but there is a wifi in a restaurant on a beach.

Room Tip: no swimming pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Jouy-le-Moutier, France
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had such an amazing time at Eka Purnama!
The place is gorgeous, the view from the cottages is stunning, the food is delicious and there is a very nice snorkelling spot right down the stairs.
I strongly recommend this place.
Moreover, George the owner and his wife are very helpful and gave us really good advice!
To me, there is nothing bad to say about the Eka Purnama cottages.
Go there, you won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

WOW!! Located at the virtually undeveloped eastern end of the Amed Coast, Eka Purnama is situated on a large piece of hillside land amid an attractive and well maintained garden. There are great views of the ocean and/or hinterland from just about everywhere on the property, which has 4 clean and cosy chalets; a well appointed family villa, and a good restaurant. I absolutely love the beauty and tranquility of this part of the Amed Coast, and Eka Purnama is in a most picturesque setting.
The location itself is good enough, but what made my stay of 6 nights unforgettable was the hospitality of the family who own and operate the guesthouse. George, Iluh and Yona treated me like a long-time family friend, with invitations to a religious ceremony and a wedding; a visit to some of Iluh’s family; good conversation; nightly card games, and some real home-style Balinese meals. Their staff were also very friendly, particularly Wayan, who took me to visit his family at their home in a small village in the valley.
Although Eka Purnama costs more than I- a single traveller- am normally prepared to pay in Bali, I am very glad I decided to go there…it was the best guesthouse experience I have had in all of my extensive travels over the past 20 years.

Room Tip: room 1 has great ocean views; room 2 has very good ocean views; room 3 has a little ocean view, good...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Spectacular views...but that's about it. Run by a charming (Balinese) wife and an irascible American....we went for the diving which is supposed to be good in Amed, but the weather was poor and all diving cancelled for 2 out of the 3 days we were there. The beaches are pretty much un-swimmable when the sea is rough...and anyway most 'beaches' are large rocks, not sand. The cottages are a long way from pretty much everything, there is no wifi, no hot water, no tv, and the lights too dim to read by...but the view is great. Our visit was spoiled when we cancelled at 07.15 a.m. after 3 nights when all diving was again cancelled...we decided to move around the coast. Admittedly we had expected to stay longer, but when we checked out the Balinese lady thanked us warmly for the visit - while the American gave us a lecture about being 'inconsiderate' and how he expected us to pay another night at least, even though the place seemed pretty empty...it was hardly likely he'd been turning business away. That, plus the fact that our young daughter was waking up every day covered in bites...and there was tiny blood spots on the sheets of her bed. We had a separate bed and had no problems. Readers can draw their own conclusions about that.

Room Tip: Get cottage 1 or 2 facing the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nikitak13
Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
Reviewed 31 July 2013

First of all the cottages are far away from the center Amed, you need a taxi to go there. Even the private taxi I ordered wanted more money after I told him where I stay. Anyway so far it was the worst place of all I stayed in Bali. The only good thing I can say is the view from the terrace. The bathroom is not clean. The rubbish bin itself is dirty and the toiletpaper holder also, it was disgusting to see. They put a flower in a water bottle and it seems the water was not changed since a long time. After I came back from snorkeling an animal must have been in the bathroom and started to eat my soap...
The worst is the matraze which made me not sleep at all! It must be a old one or used to long and needs to be changed!!! The food is ridiculous tiny and my main course was more a starter and I was still hungry after that. The breakfast was one drink and one food. Like a pancake or a toast and for me this is not a breakfast. The snorkeling for the ship wreck is not worth is at all and the beach is just stones. Internet is very slow and there is no net for mobile phones. After all I can not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
gold coast, australia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Having stayed in Eka Purnama's bungalows a few times previously, we decided to try the larger guest home and we weren't disappointed! It was wonderful and had everything we needed :) It was myself, my husband and our friend and had enough space for everyone. The bedroom is gorgeous with stunning views, the artwork and furnishings aesthetically pleasing, outdoor area is fantastic to chill and have a cold one, the loungeroom was comfy to sit back and watch a DVD, and the bathroom.. oh how I enjoyed the big stone tub! A truly blissful stay, George and Iluh are down-to-earth and great to chat to. Black rice pudding and spring rolls are the best I've had in Bali. I'm definitely having my birthday here AGAIN.. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Amed now, E.P. is truly our home away from home!

Room Tip: Family home is so warm and welcoming.. truly a home away from home!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DebOliver
Montreal
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Simple, spacious and comfortable bungalows/bathroom with a good size porch overlooking a scenic bay for the budget minded traveller. Ilou and George are great hosts willing to help you with all of your needs(taxis, sites to see, snorkling equipment, etc). Make sure to ask Ilou to prepare one of her special Indonesian dishes, Don't forget to snorkle out to the sunken Japansese 25 meters out in the bay. Sit out on the poarch and take in the scenery and relax.

Room Tip: All units have a great site. There is also a new modern, spacious, family unit which you want to ask...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
Stairway To Heaven Bungalows and Restaurant
#3 of 19 in Amed
Nalini Resort
Nalini Resort
#4 of 19 in Amed

Been to Eka Purnama Cottages? Share your experiences!