The first thing I should say in this review is that we got upgraded to a Master Villa room (which we didnt book). But fair enough, it was empty and they upgraded us, so they deserve the praise. My ratings are based on the room we actually got, as I cannot comment on the room we should have got! But one needs to take this into account.
I should also point out that the beaches at AMED are not the lovely white sand beaches you can find elsewhere in Bali. These are black sand (volcanic) and stoney beaches, and quite narrow. This area is good for snorkelling and diving. More on that later, first the hotel.
We were very happy with our (upgraded) room (#331). It had a huge lounge (nice entertainment system and lots of TV channels), a fully equiped kitchen (but who is likely to self-cater here?), large master bedroom, large bathroom, and a huge terrace. Well appointed in all areas. So utterly superb. By far the best room we stayed in on this trip.
Service in the hotel was fine, perhaps a bit slow to clear tables. Food nothing to complain, nothing special either. The staff were friendly and helpful.
There are two small pools. The one we used was quite nice, although the bottom was continually sloping which made it a bit awkward. The other is a bit bigger, much deeper and frequently used for dive training it seems.
I snorkelled off the beach in front of the hotel which was not totally amazing (there are better sites nearby) but was nevertheless pretty good. Many interesting corals, many large and colourful fish. as is the case with many hotels in karangasem, as soon as you step out of the beach you are likely to get hassled by people wanting to take you on a boat trip (to places you can actually get to quicker by car or motorbike). Not really the hotels fault, I guess there is nothing they can do to stop the "beach mafia". Best to ignore or say no thanks. If you need a mask/snorkel, they will rent you one at reasonable cost.
Would defintely come back again, indeed I am already thinking of bringing my daughter here for a longer stay and more snorkelling. Enough said. Thank you Puri Wisata!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Wirata Dive Resort & Spa offers you a comfortable and affordable home in Amed. A hotel with a family feel like you've rarely encountered before. With our own 5 Star Dive center located in our resort, Spa, Beach, Transport service and 2 beachfront swimming pools, we are perfectly equipped to give you the relaxing holiday you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Puri Wirata Dive Resort and Spa Amed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Wirata Dive Resort And Spa Amed Bali
- Puri Wirata Dive Hotel Amed