“Nice onion soup - otherwise, average”
Review of Sails Restaurant

Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Amed
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My friend and I tried to make it for sunset but missed it by about 20 minutes unfortunately. Still, the staff were polite. We had the table by the strange glass/perspex window closest to the sea. I'm not quite sure why that's there but it intrudes on the view a bit! Anyway, I wasn't too hungry so I had the onion soup which was OK... I've had better. There was no bread served with it. My friend had the tempe which he said was nice but very sweet. I hear good things about the steaks but from my experience it wasn't really anything special - I would rather go to the new Life in Amed up the road. Service and food there is amazing!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Sails is one of my favorite restaurants in Amed area. I highly recommend it to my guests and friends when they want the taste of steak or lamb. The food is on a higher level than most in that area. However, I found it is the BEST time to go in the afternoon before sunset so you can see the amazing view. Once it is dark, it is black over the sea.

1  Thank LeslieCarleton
Reviewed 4 May 2013

No trip to Amed would be complete without a meal at this fabulous spot. We were staying at Jemeluk beach and they picked us up and took us back for no charge!
Try and make it for moon rise...it is magic.
The menu is western and Balinese ....Their steak and lamb were great. The price was very modest compared to what we pay in Perth for the same quality meal.
We went twice and recommended to other travellers who also enjoyed it.
Thank you...we will be back!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Definitely worth paying a visit when staying in Amed. You can eat both western as asian food with a spectacular view.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Really nice setting, good food and overall very reasonably priced.
Felt some of the others reviews were a little harsh comparing the price to Warungs??? This is a Proper restaurant and as such the prices were very very reasonable
Try and get there for sunset for an early dinner. Great views
We will definitly go back
We had the following dishes
Calamari - nice light batter, fresh calamari
Onion Soup - one of the best I've had. Very very nice (no bread with it though but a bowl of croutons)
Ribs - Average taste but fell off the bone. Found the sauce a bit light instead of thick like I normally have it. Mashed Potatoes were great
Banana Leaf Mahi Mahi - no mahi mahi so had to settle for Tuna.....still a great dish, great taste
Icy cold Bintang - not Icy cold unfortunately but cool. Served in a great little full length cooler so kept chilled
Wine - no reds by the glass so settled for a Chardonay. Not bad though.
A bottle of wine is R$375K (SGD$50) which not too bad considering we are in Amed