“Absolutely amazing hospitality! Truly home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 80 Amed B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and wished we could have stayed for months! Lizalotte defines hospitality. She cares so much about her home and her guests and truly made our stay just like a home away from home!
The grounds are beautiful, full of gorgeous trees and flowers and rooms are amazing, so clean, beautifully designed and incredibly comfortable. The service was amazing, wonderful breakfast, delicious lunch included when you dive with them, rooms cleaned every day and coffee or tea whenever you like.
We absolutely loved our stay here and meeting Lizalotte and David. They are truly dedicated to ensuring their guests have everything they could need.
The diving at Adventure Divers Bali was great as well. Great dive masters, excellent new equipment and small dive groups.
Truly a great place
Thanks Lizalotte and David!
Ariana and Brett from Canada

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 5 December 2012

October 2012 we stayed 3 weeks on Bali with 1 week diving , in Amed at bij Geria Giri Shanti. Diving with Adventure Divers. When staying in Bali a few places one should visit. Ubud for its culture, Munduk for coolness and relaxation and Amed. Amed is great beautiful diving place and still lots of original Bali is preserved there .
Amed is a relaxed place to stay, you probably will only miss an ATM machine, (or perhaps you won’t). To solve this just rent a scooter (ask Liselotte when staying in Geria Giri Shanti) and use the costal way to Karagasem. There go to the supermarket Hardy’s this is pure fun and astonishment. Take your time and visit the two water palaces. Just enjoy the trip.
Staying at Geria Giri Shanti was superb. Liselotte, David and there staff gave us the warm feeling of being home and part of their family. And on Bali family is important. We still remember the long talks at the “dive plaza” of adventure divers in the middle of Geria Giri Shanti. Liselotte provided the tea and cookies. The bungalow’s at Geria Giri Shanti are cozy, with warm and cold water. Not a 5 star bungalow but more than enough. Everything is clean and daily cleaned, clean bed linen and daily clean towels.
There’s no airco but you don’t need one. Just open the doors, put the fan in the door opening at night’s. Nothing will happen because everyone sleeps at night In Amed. Max the dog will watch over you.
Diving with adventure divers, also Geria Giri Shanti was super. They take care of everything so you can just enjoin the dive. When staying at Geria Giri Shanti you get discount on the dives (the prices are low so it’s even cheaper) Ketut was our dive master with all our dives. Diving with adventure divers is just perfect, relaxed and they know there dive spots. Don’t forget to take a night dive. Even stranger creatures will appear in your spotlight.
If you want to sail, ask Wajung the gardener at Geria Giri Shanti. He will sail along the cost of Amed in a traditional jukung. The best way to experience the sunset.
When getting hungry lots of warungs to choose from, but go to Enak or Pantay to get the best for less.
We just want to go back and stay at Geria Giri Shanti again. It’s just the place to stay and go diving with adventure divers.
It was just perfect.

Room Tip: sea view is the best but you must use a few stairs
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank henkvE
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I just left GGS this morning, and already I miss the new family I gained there! Ditto to all the glowing comments from previous guests. Liselotte, David, and the whole staff of the bungalows and the dive shop (Adventure Divers Bali) were warm, welcoming, and like a big family from the minute I arrived on a hot, steamy afternoon. Liselotte runs the guesthouse, and she's so accommodating, caring, and always looking out for her guests and her staff. She speaks a bunch of different languages. :)

The room was super clean and inviting with cool mosquito netting that you can use if needed (I didn't need it during my five night stay). The open air shower was awesome. And in the evening, I did a bit of stargazing before going to bed.

Free breakfast was included-- your choice of banana or pineapple pancakes, toast, or eggs any style, a fruit plate, and coffee/tea/cappucino.

What a bargain at 180.000 IDR per night (low season-- I'm not sure the high season price, but I'm sure it's just as worth it). The beach was just across the street and a few hundred feet away.

There are only five guestrooms, and even though it was low season, it was booked the whole time I was there! So email them ahead of time to get booked if possible (although one of the other guests I talked to called the day before and got a room!) They're super responsive on email, so don't hesitate to email and ask questions.

I originally planned to stay 3-4 nights to just do my Open Water Diver certification (which was amazing!) and ended up staying 5. Might have stayed longer if they were a little closer to the airport so I could just leave the morning of my flight. :)

This guesthouse is one and the same with Adventure Divers Bali (I plan on leaving a review there as well)-- but you don't have to be a diver to enjoy a stay at GGS. It's very relaxing, and they also have snorkeling equipment for rent.

Go alone, with a significant other, or even with a family. It's worth it!!!
They welcomed me into their family, and I'm definitely hoping to come back!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sophia K
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We just finished our five-night stay at Geria Giri Shanti and the only downside is that we couldn't stay longer (or forever!) As this was our first trip to Bali, we wanted to stay somewhere where we could experience great diving, Balinese culture/cuisine, and have a relaxing holiday (on a budget) and this place definitely fits all three! From the get-go we were so well-cared for and David and Liselotte's hospitality is just amazing. They organized a driver for us from Ubud, and even called to check on us when we were running late as we decided en-route to make an extra stop at Mount Batur. From the moment we actually arrived, everything was just fantastic. The bungalows are beautiful, spotless, refreshed everyday with a made bed and fresh towels, and I loved the open air shower in the bathroom! The whole place was kept extremely clean and tidy by a very nice group of staff members who also prepared us a delicious breakfast every morning (I'm partial to the banana pancakes!). For 15 Euros a night this was an incredible value! We were also able to experience some of the amazing diving. Liselotte took care of everything for us and we enjoyed some truly special dives with both her and their great dive master, Ketut. The whole time we were in small groups (or just ourselves and the dive master) and felt comfortable, safe, and saw so many beautiful things. Amed itself is a beautiful place, but David and Liselotte made our holiday truly special. We will remember and cherish it forever, and hope that we can make it back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was supposed to stay for 5 nights in Geria Giri and I really love the place, the bungallows are nicely furnitured and very clean, good breakfest and everything about Giri is great oh and have I mentioned how friendly and welcoming are the young owners? Altough I stayed only one night and unfortunatelly caused porblem them, which I didnt plan, but I was travelling solo with my 20month old son and since the apartments were in hill and all connected by stairs it wasnt save choise for such a small baby and the beach wasnt good either for crowdling running baby. BUt it is a beutiful spot for divers or people who just want to relax, just without baby or with a bit older kids then mine is. Thanks Liz once more for understanding and being so cool about everything. xx

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JessJTC83
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We had booked for 2 nights but ended up staying for 4 although we had much more places to discover... that already says a lot! The bungalows are very comfortable, spotless clean and surrounded by a beautiful garden. Everything is very well maintained. But the best is the hosts: Liselotte and David are simply great people, genuinely friendly and caring, they make sure you have a perfect stay there... staying there feels like staying at a friends' place. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. And you can get all that for only 15 euros per night with a good breakfast included!
Another advantage of the place is they also run an excellent diving centre. We decided to do a try dive for a day and it was so good that we decided to dive 2 more days and do our open water qualification. David is an amazing instructor. He can explain complex things in very easy ways and always stays very calm and patient. Even if you're scared of diving (like me), give it a try, David is great at making you feel comfortable and you won't regret the experience! The area has amazing marine life while offering relatively easy conditions for beginners. All in all, a great place to start diving with a great instructor!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have spent three amazing nights in this friendly little guesthouse in the beautiful Amed area. As backpackers on a tight budget, we found that this place provided a feeling of luxury and great service for a very reasonable price. The owners and local staff are lovely, and we really enjoyed diving with the local dive masters and Liselotte, who was always around for good advice or even just a fun chat. If we're ever going to be around again, we will definitely come back to Geria Giri Shanti!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple