“A home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 69 Amed B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I decided to book a room here after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately, I only made my decision a few days in advance so the Bungalows were already fully booked. However, Lisolette sent a very helpful and friendly email back to me saying I could come to Geria Giri and drop my bags off while she helped me find somewhere else suitable. I was quite taken by surprise by this generous offer and intrigued to see the place after all the recommendations on trip advisor that I took her up on the offer. When I arrived, I was greeted as an old friend, invited in to sit down, have a cup of tea and a chat to relax after my journey (I'd done two dives that morning and then driven over 3 hours on a scooter). I was introduced to staff and other guests and we discussed plans for which dive sites I'd like to go to. Lisolette then told me about a lovely room that was available and she would recommend for me just a couple of minutes walk away, same price, right on the beach. I was driven there to check it out, it was indeed lovely, very spacious, with big glass doors opening out onto the beach so I could hear the waves as I went to sleep. So I stayed there, but was welcome to use the facilities at Geria Giri anytime I liked and I did 5 dives with Adventure Divers whilst I was there as well. The vibe at Geria Giri is so lovely, relaxed and welcoming. There is something about it and about Lisolotte and David's manner that makes you feel so comfortable and at home. It is because of places and service like this that I prefer to stay in small guest houses rather than the expensive international hotels. The welcome is so wonderful that it isn't even 'service' any more, it's like staying with friends or family. Highly highly recommend it! Thank you so much, Lisolotte and David!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I wasnt going to write this review because it all has been said previously but sometimes you stumble upon a jewel ..Geria Giri Shanti is a jewel ..i came to stay for 4 nights ,i stayed for 6 and the only reason i left was because the plane was leaving ...Lise and David are special hosts ,warm ,relaxed ,accomodating ,interested and engaging ...The Balinese staff ,well !!!..from the ladies who make the banana pancakes at breakfast ,the ladies who clean your room and the special bunch of guys who guide you on the numerous excellent dive spots .. Many Thanks ...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Tsu, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I went to Bali for our honeymoon, and stayed at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows for three nights. It was perfect. The staff and service were amazing, and the accommodations were both beautiful and comfortable. We were given very clear information about local restaurants and things to do, and we also went snorkeling. It was great! If we ever go back to Bali, we're definitely going to stay at GGB!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We've been lucky enough to have traveled extensively and stayed in a lot of accommodation over the years. Every now and then you come across a place where it's so good and such a pleasure to stay in that TripAdvisor needs to have a special category that allows people to nominate "7 Rating Points" ... Geria Giri Shanti is such a place.

It's not the Ritz or the Sheraton...it's better! Geria Giri Shanti is warm, inviting, fun and laid back ... where the service is truly personal and friendly. The diving is excellent, the snorkeling is great, the accommodation is clean, comfortable and quiet, and there are several good restaurants within walking distance...what more do you need?

It is no surprise that they have won the Travelers Choice Award!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had a lovely stay at Geria Giri Shanti bungalows! After a warm welcome, Liselotte introduced me to the staff and showed me around. The staff is excellent and does everything to make you feel at home in paradise! The bungalow is superclean and nicely decorated, with a cute private terrace and garden view, perfect for a quiet night, reading a good book. But if you prefer to meet some people, there's also a central area in the garden where you can chill out on the comfortable sofa's and exchange some (dive)stories with the other guests, while having a couple of drinks. This has been great fun, and a lovely experience! David & Liselotte, thanks a lot for everything! Hope to be back soon :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marion_Zarina
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We recently spent 3 weeks in this awesome place and we enjoyed every second of it! The lovely owners Liselotte and David will make sure that you will have the best holiday experience. They answered all of our questions very quickly by email before our trip. They also arranged a pick-up service from the airport and Liselotte even called the driver to make sure that we were on our way. The hospitality of this place is just amazing! Liselotte and David and their awesome staff will put you in an instant holiday mood! Everything is very relaxed and easy going. Liselotte gave us helpful tips for places to eat and places to visit. We had an amazing day out on a motorbike following her suggested route (Tirta Gangga, Ujung Seraya, Rice fields etc.). There is so much to explore in Amed, not even 3 weeks were enough!

The bungalows are beautiful and very clean. Each bungalow has a private sitting area at the front surrounded by the beautiful garden (including butterflies!). The lush garden creates a cool and fresh micro-climate - perfect for relaxing. The breakfast is delicious and water refills, ice teas (which are delicious) etc. are all on the house. It is incredible how much value for money you get here.

We will definitely come back (and we usually never go to the same place twice)! Dear Liselotte, David & staff, thank you so much for everything! We miss you and you will always have a special place in our hearts.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tabitha R
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We spent 3 weeks here (it was our honeymoon) and I can honestly say that if you are in Bali you should spend some time at Geria Giri Shanti - whether it's just for a few nights or whether it's for a few weeks. In terms of valie-for-money and hospitality it doesn't get any better than this.

After e-mailing Liselotte and David (the owners) to ask them about availability and a few other things we wanted to know we were immediately impressed by their quick, friendly and helpful replies. We then proceeded to book a room and luckily they were able to fit us in (the place is in high demand - understandably!). Finally, in August, we arrived in Bali and were picked up by a driver which was organized by Liselotte.

The comfortable, clean and sweet bungalows are nested in a beautiful garden and they have the loveliest staff here, their smiles are infectious! If you're staying here you get free water refills (just buy a big plastic bottle for your trips to the beach or wherever else you're going), free coffee, tea and ice tea. The breakfasts are also very nice and if you are diving with Adventure Divers, the dive center on location, you'll get an excellent lunch here as well. Liselotte will give you excellent tips for places to eat lunch and dinner (from cheap and cheerful to more romantic and special places, there's something for everyone - there are nice restaurants within walking distance and those that are a bit farther away will pick you up and bring you home for free) as well as any day-trips you may want to do. Indeed, the helpful, friendly way in which Liselotte and David (and all the other staff) treat their guests is one of the highlights about staying here and is second-to-none to anything we've experienced anywhere!

Amed itself is the perfect place if you're looking for a quiet holiday. The beaches are lovely and there is much to see if you snorkel. The locals are really friendly and always up for a fun chat. There is a little supermarket nearby for your everyday needs (snacks, soft drinks, water, sunscreen, small souvenirs, etc.), there is a nice spa and massage place next door, you can rent scooters just across the road, taxis to various sightseeing places around Bali can easily be organized through Liselotte and if you are here for diving, this is the place to be (Adventure Divers Bali, which I will also review).

I only have praise for this place, we could not have chosen a better honeymoon destination. Again, if your travels ever take you through Amed, you'll be in very, very good hands at this amazing place. Thank you Liselotte and David, and everyone else at Geria Giri Shanti, for making our honeymoon such an unforgettable experience; we already miss all of you dearly and will come back as soon as possible!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fabian_R_83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
The Villas Tejakula
Bubu Racok Homestay
Bubu Racok Homestay
#3 of 69 in Amed
Bila Restaurant & Bungalows / No Fear Diving Scuba

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!