“Great staff, dive school, and other travelers”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #2 of 72 Amed B&B and Inns
“Great staff, dive school, and other travelers”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 4 nights for our honeymoon. It was excellent, especially due to the very warm help and chats with the host Liselotte, and the great dive school that David runs. The local dive masters are excellent in diving and great fun to be with, a great pleasure. Also the other guests that you meet at the central place are fun to chat with, especially since many were divers like us.

The rooms are good, but have no air conditioning, which made the nights rather hot for us. But this is truly the only minor comment we could give, and taking into account the very modest rate of the room, the quality is superb.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived from the gili islands directly to the dive center where Liselotte and David were waiting for us.

They helped us with our first night as their bungalows (Geria Giri Shanti) were fully booked and we set immediately for two afternoon dives.

After the dive cold lemon ice tea was waiting for us and a late lunch.

The place is really cosy and nice, the dive center is in the upper part of a beautiful garden surrounded by all kind of plants and sheltered from the sun and David and Liselotte received us as if we were family.

Our stay in their place was a real highlight on our bali holiday and we will for sure return!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Terrebonne, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Because it never too late, I add this comment one year later from my 2012 trip to Bali.

Last year at this time, my friend and I were in a trip to Indonesia in Amed and we were looking for a nice place to dive and a good place to stay. Lucky as we are, we met Lisa at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows. She welcomed us with a great enthousiasm and explained us the diving spots. We had in mind to stay three days in Amed but we spent 5 days in Geria Giri Shanti. The bungalows are located in a small village along a beautifull coast and it's easy to go around by walk or by motorbike! The rooms are clean and a good breakfast is served every morning. The local staff is friendly. It is the perfect place to rest and relax and enjoying life. So we had lots of great dives and we enjoyed this little place with friendly authentic peoples. That was the summun of our trip in indonesia. Lisa and David are very friendly and they take care that you had good holidays. We received a lot of good informations about the restaurants, the places to visit and more. So I highly recommand to anyone to go there.

So, I want to thank Lisa and David about they have done to make our trip to Amed a unforgetable souvenir!

Mathieu, Montreal Canada

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank M4th
Speyer, Germany
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent the last two days of our (too short!) week in Bali in the Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows and would recommend this beautiful, homey place to anyone. the Location is absolutely breathtaking, with a view of the ocean from the front step and abundant trees and flowers everywhere you look. it feels like a Tropical paradise! unfortunately we were not able to stay longer, as the local Food recommendations from Liselotte were first class, the nearby massage was the perfect relaxation and the beautifully decorated rooms made it a pleasure to come home and crawl in bed.
the fact that Adventures Divers offers an introductory diving course right within the walls of the geria giri shanti was a huge plus and allowed me the possibility to do my first dive and see things i would never have imagined. the dive instructor was great, with very thorough and Patient explanations. the small Group made this experience very memorable and fun! diving the shipwreck was definitely one of the most incredible experiences of the trip, and i can only recommend Adventure Divers!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not only were the accommodations lovely (clean, good size) but the environment was beautiful, with green abundant. Liselotte was always available to do everything and anything possible to ensure we were enjoying our stay, from bringing an extra fan "just in case" to making sure I had proper Vegetarian meals/options in the Kitchen. It feels like home. The kitchen is open late and open to anyone so you can store things there or get hot water and make tea later at night- there's a massage spot right next door and two great restaurants that are affordable and delicious all within a 5 minute walk (and veggie options). I will be sending EVERYONE I know to stay here without a question. The fact that you can also schedule an easy dive (or beginners course if not before) is just icing on the already delicious cake. Thanks again!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnelieseZM
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I decided to book a room here after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately, I only made my decision a few days in advance so the Bungalows were already fully booked. However, Lisolette sent a very helpful and friendly email back to me saying I could come to Geria Giri and drop my bags off while she helped me find somewhere else suitable. I was quite taken by surprise by this generous offer and intrigued to see the place after all the recommendations on trip advisor that I took her up on the offer. When I arrived, I was greeted as an old friend, invited in to sit down, have a cup of tea and a chat to relax after my journey (I'd done two dives that morning and then driven over 3 hours on a scooter). I was introduced to staff and other guests and we discussed plans for which dive sites I'd like to go to. Lisolette then told me about a lovely room that was available and she would recommend for me just a couple of minutes walk away, same price, right on the beach. I was driven there to check it out, it was indeed lovely, very spacious, with big glass doors opening out onto the beach so I could hear the waves as I went to sleep. So I stayed there, but was welcome to use the facilities at Geria Giri anytime I liked and I did 5 dives with Adventure Divers whilst I was there as well. The vibe at Geria Giri is so lovely, relaxed and welcoming. There is something about it and about Lisolotte and David's manner that makes you feel so comfortable and at home. It is because of places and service like this that I prefer to stay in small guest houses rather than the expensive international hotels. The welcome is so wonderful that it isn't even 'service' any more, it's like staying with friends or family. Highly highly recommend it! Thank you so much, Lisolotte and David!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I wasnt going to write this review because it all has been said previously but sometimes you stumble upon a jewel ..Geria Giri Shanti is a jewel ..i came to stay for 4 nights ,i stayed for 6 and the only reason i left was because the plane was leaving ...Lise and David are special hosts ,warm ,relaxed ,accomodating ,interested and engaging ...The Balinese staff ,well !!!..from the ladies who make the banana pancakes at breakfast ,the ladies who clean your room and the special bunch of guys who guide you on the numerous excellent dive spots .. Many Thanks ...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
The Villas Tejakula
Bubu Racok Homestay
Bubu Racok Homestay
#3 of 72 in Amed
Bila Restaurant & Bungalows / No Fear Diving Scuba

Been to Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows? Share your experiences!