“My second home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 68 Amed B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“My second home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This "high house on the hill" is truly the loving lifeblood of Liselotte and David who have made this home from scratch, landscaping the well-manicured 'jungle' and retaining the Balinese flavor in its architecture. Having had the privilege to stay in 2 of the rooms and view 3 of them, (I was neighbors with my dive buddy! So well-arranged) I must say I enjoyed all of them.

Individually charming while retaining a sense of privacy and comfort, each bungalow is unique and super clean. The furnishings are tasteful; well-coordinated color and style wise, picked from the arts and cultural hub of Ubud. The touches of handmade smiley faced hearts placed with the towels and sweets in a smartly refurbished receptacle on the bed definitely lends a personal touch and makes my heart go AWWH~ The beds are equipped with mosquito nets and are really comfy. It doesn't matter that there isn't air-con: you don't need that here where is the sea is just across the street! Besides, it isn't that good for your health.

Have your fill of their hearty breakfasts lovingly prepared, tailored to your request- Eggs in your preferred style, fruit kebabs or fresh juice, banana/pineapple pancakes, homemade bread fresh from the oven every morn! Butter, fruit jams, coconut syrup and honey go really well with the above… The drinks are fantastic too! A favorite among everyone is their iced-cuppucino. I do love their lime/orange/papaya/watermelon/banana/mixed juices too~

Tiger is also a darling- an affectionate, lazy and amiable pet kitty you will come to love as he snuggles in zen poses, instilling philosophies to your subconscious mind...

I would not hesitate to stay here again when I do pop by Amed for a dive. Thing is, is it often fully booked so do check with Lisa before your arrival. If there isn't, a cosy place close by would be recommended. If there is space, she will accommodate you as soon as possible.

If you stay here, do DIVE if possible. Or learn it like I did if you've never done it. Because it is worth it and they are really professional and take it seriously that you have fun and learn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fantastic place - cosy bungalows in beautiful garden. Very friendly and helpful owners and staff. Good free wifi and free coffee/tea etc throughout the day. Superb associated dive centre (adventure divers bali) with highly experienced staff. A big recommendation and probably best value in Amed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was such a lovely place to stay, the surrounding and the bungalows are so beautiful we found it hard to believe. The staff is beyond nice and helpful. The breakfast was really good but the best thing was the free Balichino's the whole day! Our stay was so nice and the location is amazing, near the beach where you can do some beautiful snorkeling.Liselotte took care of everything for us, she was the best manager and really loves her job.
Defenitly go here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights over my spring break with two friends. As a teacher, my days are very scheduled and I wanted my spring break and first time in Bali to be relaxing. This was the perfect place! The owners, Liselotte and David, were very welcoming and hospitable. Liselotte greeted us with a refreshing beverage and gave us advice on what to do and see during our stay.
The food was very tasty and the bungalows were comfortable. The beach is only a short walk away and there are tasty restaurants nearby, as well.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Thanks for a wonderful and relaxing vacation!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I loved it at Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows, Lisa, David and the staff are very welcoming and always there for you. I initially planned to stay there for 4 nights for diving and decided to spend 2 extra nights because it was just awesome. The bungalows are also very lovely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank FrancoisAllard
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hmm.. where to begin! From the moment we arrived with a ridiculously big bag and an equally large book, we were made to feel most welcome by the lovely Lisa and her team. I don't think I've ever stayed in such a friendly place. The room was great with clean towels every day.We changed room half way through our stay and it was literally all done for us while we were out diving down to hanging clothes up in the wardrobe...how's that for service ! Breakfast fab and lunch included if you are doing any diving there with adventure divers. The outdoor lounge area and shared tables is a great idea to get people mingling and we met some great people there, even though we were more vintage than most!! Lisa and David,s recommendations for places to eat was spot on too. We would love to go back again to stay, and do some more diving with David ,Yvonne and some great local dive masters. I couldn't recommend it more !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stiffstoff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

There is only one word apt enough to describe my 14 day stay at Geria Giri Shanti - paradise. Lisa, David and the entire staff made my stay there so warm and welcoming that it was so hard to leave when my time in Amed was up. From last minute bookings for dinner to tour arrangements to recommendations on what to do, Lisa's and David's help and suggestions were indispensable.

The room was clean and spacious, surrounded by lush greenery and flowers. The washroom was spotless, and comes with an open roof shower. Looking up at the sky and tall trees while having a shower just adds to the immersion that you're in Bali, and not some hotel room.

Breakfast for guests is all-you-can-eat. I stuffed my face every morning. It was SO GOOD!

I loved how everything was set up so the common area was the place to mingle with other guests and divers. I don't think I've been in any other accommodation that has executed that aspect so flawlessly. It quickly became my favorite spot in Amed.

I also did 15 dives during my stay with the in-house dive shop, Adventure Divers Bali, which made everything extremely convenient. I got to sleep in as late as possible before a morning dive, and I got to chill/freshen up in my bungalow between dives. If you're thinking of diving with them, I highly recommend staying with them as well.

The bungalows are also located in a good spot with excellent warungs within walking distance, and the beach less than a minute away on foot. The good mid-range restaurants are not within walking distance, but Lisa can hook you up with free transport!

I will definitely come back here the next time I'm in Amed. I have no reason not to.

Room Tip: Room #5 is tucked away in a corner, which means minimal human traffic if you just want a lazy aftern...