Geria Giri Shanti Bungalows
US$21
  • Breakfast included
US$18
US$73
Alami Resort and Restaurant(Amed)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$27
Agoda.com
Blue Moon Villas(Amed)
US$162
All reviewsadventure divers baliiced cappuccinohome away from homeplace to staybeautiful gardenlaundry servicedive coursedive schoolopen waterdive mastergreat hostsfresh towelsdive shopbanana pancakesrecommend staying hererooms are greatfelt like home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

No need to repeat everything that has been said before by now hundreds of travellers, this place is truly welcoming and cute, with very good breakfast too. All staff are really nice... Go on a boat trip with the gardener!! Thank you so much Lisa for being the funniest host of our trip :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I arrived here on my birthday and couldn't think of a better place to be! The rooms are beautifully decorated with class and style and are very comfortable with great beds and brilliant bathrooms :) The staff are all so friendly and helpful, always smiling and feeding you amazing Ice cappuccinos or juices!! The breakfast is big with REAL tasty bread, fresh fruit and your choice of omelette, pancakes or eggs, great way to start the day!

Lisa and David are very organised and will give you advice about restaurants, trips, diving, temples, everything! The bungalows are surrounded by pretty plants and are just steps away from picturesque Amed beach where the sun sets over the sparkling sea, next to the huge volcano that created the sand on these wonderful beaches. There's great snorkelling there too and amazing diving with Adventure Divers! Overall you can't beat the place and service and the fact that you leave this place (once you've torn yourself away) feeling like friends of theirs and ready to plan your return visit! Thanks to everyone there :D

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Truthfully, Lisa and David don't need this review anymore because they have several hundred amazing ones already, and for good reason. But I'm writing this anyway more as a way to show my gratitude to them for the great time they've given me. Geria Giri wasn't just a place to sleep and eat, you see, though the cozy beds, the relaxing common area, and the gorgeous garden were very conducive to that. It was this small community of bright and smiling souls who did nothing but share their good vibes with one another. The moment I arrived I was offered refreshment. Lisa practically arranged my entire stay at Amed, even arranging all my transfers and making sure I have table reservations at my preferred warung, all out of the goodness of her heart. She and everybody there kept going the extra mile just to give me a comfortable, relaxing, and fun stay. She even went as far as finding me companions, who have since become my good friends, cos I was traveling alone. I felt SO well taken care of that I'm already dreaming about when I could go back. It was such a unique and special experience staying with them that I'd go as far as saying that I'll go back to Amed for two reasons: diving and Geria Giri Shanti.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Julia E
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt one of the nicest, most hospitable and friendliest places I have stayed at during travelling.
I don't need to ecco all the comments below just say that I agree 100% with all the hundreds of 5 star reviews submitted before me.
Simply put it's a home away from home with the friendliest owners and staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This "high house on the hill" is truly the loving lifeblood of Liselotte and David who have made this home from scratch, landscaping the well-manicured 'jungle' and retaining the Balinese flavor in its architecture. Having had the privilege to stay in 2 of the rooms and view 3 of them, (I was neighbors with my dive buddy! So well-arranged) I must say I enjoyed all of them.

Individually charming while retaining a sense of privacy and comfort, each bungalow is unique and super clean. The furnishings are tasteful; well-coordinated color and style wise, picked from the arts and cultural hub of Ubud. The touches of handmade smiley faced hearts placed with the towels and sweets in a smartly refurbished receptacle on the bed definitely lends a personal touch and makes my heart go AWWH~ The beds are equipped with mosquito nets and are really comfy. It doesn't matter that there isn't air-con: you don't need that here where is the sea is just across the street! Besides, it isn't that good for your health.

Have your fill of their hearty breakfasts lovingly prepared, tailored to your request- Eggs in your preferred style, fruit kebabs or fresh juice, banana/pineapple pancakes, homemade bread fresh from the oven every morn! Butter, fruit jams, coconut syrup and honey go really well with the above… The drinks are fantastic too! A favorite among everyone is their iced-cuppucino. I do love their lime/orange/papaya/watermelon/banana/mixed juices too~

Tiger is also a darling- an affectionate, lazy and amiable pet kitty you will come to love as he snuggles in zen poses, instilling philosophies to your subconscious mind...

I would not hesitate to stay here again when I do pop by Amed for a dive. Thing is, is it often fully booked so do check with Lisa before your arrival. If there isn't, a cosy place close by would be recommended. If there is space, she will accommodate you as soon as possible.

If you stay here, do DIVE if possible. Or learn it like I did if you've never done it. Because it is worth it and they are really professional and take it seriously that you have fun and learn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo