All reviews adventure divers bali iced cappuccino place to stay home away from home beautiful garden big family dive course dive school laundry service great hosts open water fresh towels recommend staying here pancakes dive shop cleaned daily stayed here for nights
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed with Lisa, David and the team for 1 week last June. After a week travelling through Sumatra we wanted some time to relax in a not so touristy place on Bali. Amed and Geria Giri Shanti where perfect to do so.

Lisa and her team were fully dedicated to give us a good time. They had tips for restaurants and activities to do in the neighborhood. My husband took a 3 day diving course. I don’t like diving, so Lisa helped me arrange a nice program during these days for myself.

I can confirm all the positive comments on this website where in place!! We had high expectations but we are not disappointed in any of them.

One thing I would like to mention especially because I loved the idea. They have the possibility to refill your water bottle for free. This to avoid extra plastic waste of empty bottles and relieve the environment.

We had a great time and we would definitely go back if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed recently for 5 nights and although there are indeed lots of good things about geria giri shanti I would like to say that I don't think it is the best choice for everyone and that there are some things to take into account when choosing to stay there.
On the plus side, owners Lise and David are lovely friendly and extremely helpful people. We weren't diving so we didn't have a lot to do with David but Lise is incredibly hardworking and efficient ( she is also always very busy!).
Other pluses: Lovely garden, clean rooms with fans, free coffee etc, decent free breakfast.
Things that weren't great for us: Nosiy! It is situated right on the busy main road of Jemeluk on the non beach side. If you have one of the front rooms, which our friend did, it is really very very noisy.
Also busy busy busy busy. This place is a bustling dive school. Our room was back from the road which is good, but opened onto the communal dive school area. This is abuzz with activity at all hours. Many people not staying at the guesthouse use the dive school and all hang out here often. The many dive instructirs and helpers constantly carry stuff up and down in fron of the room. It's all friendly and happy and fun but if you are looking for a quiet relaxing time at the beach then this is definitely NOT the place for you!
Crowded. The rooms are small and crowded up and down stairs in a garden. Very little open space or room anywhere.

I think probably this place is best if you are diving. Otherwise I would probably look elsewhere, somewhere peaceful by the beach and away from the road...in spite of the lovely and VERY helpful owners...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rosiegoonengerry
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Lisalotte and David are top hosts. aAgreat diving pad or hangout for any Amed visitor. Great food, layback atmosphere and lots of good tips on where to go and what to do.We travelled as a family and took 2 rooms.My youngest son did his dive course and had a wonderful experience. Love these guys and their staff. C. P, R and C.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very nice rooms in a wonderful garden for a budget price in a good location (close to many good restaurants, with a great diveschool on the premises, about 50 meters from the beach). Those feats in itself should be recommendation enough. But what makes Geria Giri Shanti really really special are its hosts: funny friendly David and the lovely Liselotte. She is warm, welcoming and strives to make everybody feel at home. Any request will be dealt with in an efficient and effective way and she is a fountain of tips and advice about where to go, how to get there, where to eat and how to organize stuff (although she'll probably organize it fór you).
The breakfast in big and delicious and included. I don't know what the french review from a few days ago, stating that only a small breakfast was included and that they had been charged for extra's is referring to, but they must be mistaken: Liselotte and David are not in the habit of charging you any extra's you hadn't been aware of. On the contrary: I enjoyed many delicious fruitjuices and shakes I never found on my bill...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

No need to repeat everything that has been said before by now hundreds of travellers, this place is truly welcoming and cute, with very good breakfast too. All staff are really nice... Go on a boat trip with the gardener!! Thank you so much Lisa for being the funniest host of our trip :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple