“Reliable and relaxing”
Review of GaneshAmed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
GaneshAmed
Ranked #20 of 79 Amed B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed here in January for two weeks - our fourth or fifth stay. It was lovely to return here and see all of the guys who work here again. We are a family of four, two adults, a 9 year old and a toddler approaching 2. The rooms are plenty large enough that we could enjoy our king size bed, have a spare bed for our big guy and a baby cot, yet enough room to still get around the room comfortably.
We really enjoy the fact that we can sit on the terrace, overlook the pool and the ocean. It doesn't matter whether our son wants to swim in the pool or the ocean, we can see him.
The restaurant is very well priced with a good range and the rooms are clean and large.
We had a problem with the shower one day, spoke to one of the staff, they fixed it. If you don't ask, you wont get, Bali is pretty simple. Bathrooms are basic by western standard but adequate.
This place is good value, we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for GaneshAmed

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Small room, open air bathroom. During the night a rat visited us in the room. Internet was not working. Breakfast was oke. We left after one night because of the rat.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for five nights in July and were sorely disappointed. On first inspection the rooms were nice and airy with large balconies and a fantastic view. The gardens were nice and the location of the pool was good. Thats about where the good points end.

We had booked a room with AC which was supplied, however, bedding was not! We had a sheet on the bed but no blanket or duvet and this could not be supplied on request either. It was too hot to sleep without the AC but too cold to sleep with it on without a blanket. There was a note by the bed explaining about the extra cost of the AC so maybe this is a money saving technique!

The bathroom was basic and did not provide hot water. There were also no toiletries in the bathroom. The breakfast was pretty limited and tasteless. My wife stopped going down for breakfast after two days and ate down the road later on. I needed to stay connected to the internet for work purposes but found the internet access to be sporadic.

To be honest apart form the size of the rooms and the pool it is a backpacker hotel charging much higher prices. We stayed in a much nicer place in Sanur for a lot less money and there are places down the road that offer much better deals.

Its got a great location on the beach but doesn't appear to be working very hard to add to that experience.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here, just opt for the small non AC rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Great place right on the beach. Very clean and ftiendly!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We found this beautiful place GaneshAmed with only 6 rooms but great, clean and quietly and with the best breakfast we had in Bali (4weeks) Also for lunch and dinner this is a very good place (many people from outside also came to have there meals here)
That's the reason we stayed 12 days at this loveley place relaxing,snorkeling and eating.
The people that work there are all balinese, lovely,helpful and allways with a smile in there face.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bewoDuisburg
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Amed is great for snorkeling and dive.
But we have a very bad stay the food (Milk) spoiled.
Our group found the food and service very poor !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bluewavemedia
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I found GaneshAmed after traveling from Sanur in a rental vehicle; note that I do not drive on the left side of the road, or have any experience driving in Bali! I was tired, hungry, and ready to rest. I happen upon GaneshAmed because they had a room available when no one else had one.

It was the most amazing experience for me. In fact, after I left there and traveled to other places in Bali, I chose GaneshAmed to be the last place I would stay before coming back to America.

Why?

The people are Balinese...happy and friendly...great food, great accommodation, on the ocean front, and a place where you can be away from the intensity of the city.

There are only 6 rooms...this keeps the place from being too busy. There is no pretension...just real people finding peace by the ocean.

I hesitate to share this amazing place with others because next time I travel to Bali, I may not find a room!

The snorkeling is great. I do not dive but this is a great place to do that as I have been told.

Do yourself a favor...and find a place to stay here...you will find the magic as I did.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo