My husband and I spent 6 nights here over New Years. I didn't set up a transfer from the airport which was a rookie mistake, which I know better so beware a taxi ride with cost you around $70US and it's roughly a 2-3hrs drive depending on time of day and traffic.
Even though the ride was long it was so worth it. We got a bungalow which was so amazing. The room was just perfect. Our room faced the pool and ocean. When we lied in bed I could see the water and even at night hear the waves crash against the beach. The bed was so comfy and cozy. Our outdoor bathroom is what sold me on the room when booking. Nothing beats having a shower under the stars. Our room had tv though the cable never seemed to work but the front desk does have dvds you can borrow and watch which we did on a few rainy
nights. Also the room does have a mini fridge which is great to store all the drinks in and snacks.
The hotel does have WIFI but its not the strongest. It was always a hit and miss when I did get it. The pool was really nice and had lounge chairs so you could spend a day pool side relaxing. The restaurant at the hotel is also reasonably priced and the food is good. I would have to say the restaurant next store was our favourite, you have to try the barracuda!!! Also theres a market right across the street to buy drinks for your room and snacks.
The only down side is the beach is rocky. Most people come to Amed for diving so this is spot if thats what you wanna do. The hotel also offers diving trips and lessons and also has snorkel gear to rent. There is no white sandy beaches here in Amed. Though the husband and I did some walking around and need find a black sandy beach further down from the hotel and hung out there.
The hotel staff we amazing. The hotel owner on new years set up a BBQ for the guest and workers and it was one of the best meals we had on our stay. Everyone is very friendly and willing to answer any questions. You can book tours through the front desk for a good price. For $50US we had a driver from the hotel take us around the island for a day which was so worth it. We actually did two days tours with the hotel and our drivers were amazing and so funny.
Overall it was well worth our money to stay here. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arya Amed Bungalows designed in a comfortable Balinese style, which is surrounded by beautiful lush tropical gardens. Arya Amed Beach Resort is located on the beach in the peaceful village of Amed, north eastern tip of Bali, which is highlighted with spectacular sunrises over the neighboring island of Lombok. The area is known for world class snorkeling and diving area where Amed becomes interesting to visit for its amazing luxurious underwater scenery, to see tropical fish and other marine life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Arya Amed Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arya Amed Beach Hotel Amed
- Arya Amed Beach Resort Bali