“satisfied”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Golden Rock Retreat
Ranked #48 of 90 Speciality Lodging in Amed
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I've done the 7 days cleansing and detoxing and it worked! I lost in total 5kg and another 3kg in the following weeks. I rent a scooter to explore the wonderful countryside of Bali and was shifting the massage in the afternoon in order to have a 3hrs break. The pgm is very good but at the end i was missing of some variety as every day is the same. I recommend changing the drinks and the pgm makes it more convenient to the guest. I suggest to book a Villa for you own as you need some time for yourselves but the most important things, you need YOUR toilet a few times a day ,-)) don't expect too much of the stuff, they know what to do, more information is had to get as their english is not so good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank heidingerk

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I had had a very lazy year with my health and fitness and golden Rocks seemed like a good kick start to a new me. I found the fasting and liver flush hard work and my friend and I were glad we had each other for support, however the surroundings and accommodation are beautiful and clean and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. When we had the energy the qi gung and yoga were very satisfying. This is not something I could have achieved at home. I left having lost 3kg and two and a half weeks later have lost another 3. I feel very clean,serene and recentred and have plenty of energy to exercise again. Take some good books and dvds a hat and sarong and just go with it. This is not a holiday at all in the traditional sense. Weather was very good when we went, dry and mild, no mosquitos. problems.

Room Tip: Room number 1 was quite hot. Not sure if aircon just couldnt keep up or needed re gas.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank atashas
Reviewed 11 November 2011

If you are looking for a place where your cell phone does not work, you can rise before the sun watching the local fishing fleet (who lived in the village adjacent to my house) return with their catch, and then do your sun salutations 2meters away from the lapping waves; this is the place to be.

It is remote, thank god, my intention was to RETREAT, and by the very nature of a detox I was often feeling the need to do nothing but rejuvenate and relax. The team running the retreat were friendly, courteous and very efficient.

You can day trip to temples in the middle of gorgeous forests, watch ceremonies unfold around you that hearken back to ancient times, invoking the local spirits of the land that leave you with a tingle down your spine.

Thank god the commercialism of "downtown party Russian mafia controlled Bali" is literally hours away near the airport. Ubud has also become very commercial and lost much of its charm from yesteryear, I am just relieved there are still isolated spots like the Golden Rock that does what it says it does.

My expectations were exceed, and thank god I had the right expectations.

Room Tip: Four villas, all waterfront, literally waterfront, no need to choose
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Mroddis
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Not only was this one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, but it was one of the most nourishing experiences I have ever had.
All 4 double-storey villas are perched right on the water with 180 degree views of the ocean making morning sunrises and evening sunsets magical and uninterrupted.
I found the staff very kind and caring and the detox program was tailor made to suit each persons body and needs. Morning qi gong and yoga were incredible and it felt like being on an Island where time had stopped and you could replenish your spirit in a tranquil safe, beautiful and dare I say loving environment. Afternoons reading books by the pool were also a highlight for me. Overall I had an amazing experience (and I am quite fussy) - I felt connected to myself again. I lost 3kg in 5 days and my body and mind felt truly detoxified. Highly recommended for Solo / Couples / Friends!!

Room Tip: *All villas are right on the water so you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lennalove A
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I had high hopes for this retreat but was gravely disappointed. The retreat is 2-3 star max and is so isolated you can't leave the complex as there is nothing surrounding. Cabin fever. Unlike other detox retreats there is no spa services and no Western medical advice for such an intense cleanse that they offer. If I had known all this I would have much rather gone to a retreat in Ubud that was closer to civilization and better equipped. The exercise equipment is poor and only involves a small stepper and a tiny circle trampoline. Take hundreds of books and DVDs if you are going as there is nothing to do.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank FratelliFive
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Everything about Golden Rock is amazing. The location is remote and so so beautiful, the staff are incredible and the detox program leaves your body, mind and soul feeling rejuvenated. There's only 4 villas, so it's quiet (except for the sound of the sea).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Liblit
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My sister and I did the fasting programme at Golden Rock in Easter of last year. The staff were absolutely amazing and attended to our every need, which was really what we needed during a fast, having very little energy. The treatments and yoga classes were brilliant, everyone at the retreat wants to be there and is passionate about what they do. Overall the programme is brilliant and the only place I have found to do a fast in luxury. the villas are beautiful bali style two story villas with beautiful ocean views, so that you wake up watching the neigbrouring villagers heading off on their sailing boats for their morning fishing trip. They are clean with luxury outdoor showers.
I am looking to do another retreat somewhere in Europe and there just seems to be nothing of this scale and luxury at a very affordable price. Hence my delayed review of Golden Rock, having found nothing to compare I am about to return for the second year running. The only negatives are, it is a 3 hour drive around widing roads and you can't swim at the beach as it is too painful and slippery to get over the rocks to the water. Besides that, I would absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting to do a fast with fantastic service and support, in a luxury surrounding and a comprehensive programme (including 2 x daily yoga and full treatments). I have done oodles of research on fasting retreats and have been on 2 other retreats, including Kamalaya (beautiful resort where you get charged astronomical prices for every little extra and they do not offer fasting or propert detox menu) as well as a more low key programme - neither compares to Golden Rock. One last thing, you will never get bored as there programme keeps you busy, you will leave feeling like a new person and it has certainly changed my eating habils.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends