Golden Rock Retreat
US$162
Priceline
US$61
  • Pool
All reviewsliver flushdetox programdaily yogabody and soulevery step of the wayparadise on earthprivate villarent a scootercleansefastingmeditationrejuvenatedrejuvenatinghungeremotionalmassageaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The location here is beautiful and serene and the retreat has it's pros and cons:

Pros:
Hardcore cleanse
Beautiful location
Friendly staff
Feel fantastic afterwards
No internet or phone signal
Lovely massages and can ask for acupunture
Daily exercise over the ocean
Scheduled events / activities
Beautiful bungalows
Lots of time for personal development

Cons:
Certain rooms are not quiet - see below.
Boredom - if you are on your own take lots and lots of music, dvds and books.
No induction - the 'rules' are passed on from one guest to the next

I was in room 4 for 2 nights and asked to be moved which they did - this made a huge difference to my stay / meditation / quietness etc.

Would I go back - YES, definitely but maybe with someone else next time. Recommend for the detox, I feel fantastic and my skin is literally glowing.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quite do not go to room #4 or possibly #3. I was in room 4 for 2 nights and it is very noisy - fishermen on beach in front of bungalow, Balinese radio and a rooster that goes 10 to 45 times every minute - no good for relaxation or meditation! I was transferred to room 4 which was quiet and far superior. Go to 1 or 2 or upgrade to room 5 - better rooms and better stay over all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank lorraine g
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I have just recently spent 14 days at the Golden Rock Retreat for a detox, liver flush and general health kick start. The program and service I received during my entire 14 days was excellent. The service and attention from all staff members was fantastic, the accommodation as good as you get get anywhere. This was my first experience at a scheduled detox and it has proved great for my health and kick started me back onto a good healthy life style change. The Yoga and Chi Gung instructors were first class and very helpful to those (like myself that had not done Yoga etc before). I will be going back once a year and will not look anywhere else as I believe the experience I had at Golden Rock would be difficult to match. Thank you to all the staff and the group that has combined this property and health schedule together, great job.
Regards
Greg from Perth WA

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Greg E
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The Golden Rock Retreat programs are designed for those that are committed to a thorough and comprehensive detox, that deliver if you put 100% into it. I had made up my mind to follow through until the end of my 7 day program, and I must say that made it easier. Do this with total commitment with a spirit of fun and allowance, and you will get the best results.
Remember that a detox is not just the body, it is a detox of the toxins in your mind as well. The program incorporates internal cleansing, bowel, blood and liver/gallbladder. I passed a few gallstones which I didn't know I had, and I believe that the process was easy for me as I followed every instruction. You have to have fun with this and the staff, Pin, Wiwit, Andi, and many others were very supportive and nurturing.
There is Chi-kung with Made and yoga with Nyoman, both excellent. The exercises on the rebounder are made enjoyable by watching the fisherman sail back from their early morning fishing. Then there is the chi machine, far infra red sauna, bio magnetic therapy, ozone therapy, and herbal steam room all there to assist in cleansing and harmonising the body.
There is also time to relax, unwind, meditate and enjoy your daily massages.
We had a front villa overlooking the ocean, and the sounds of the sea and waves are so conducive to relaxing, anytime day and night. We also hired a fishing boat from a local to go snorkelling, as it could be a little challenging walking out on the rocky beach unless you had sturdy wet boots.
You will get out of this what you put in. Everything is provided to make this work for you if you want it. Go for it, have fun, and feel great for your achievements. It's worth it.
Thank to all at Golden Rock....you all rock!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I'm inspired to write a review some 4 years later (I went in November 2009), as currently doing a cleanse else where (in Costa Rica) and now feel I have a benchmark to compare Golden Rock.

Golden Rock Retreat is a great place to completely switch off, unwind and relax. Go expecting isolation and total relaxation. Don't go if you are easily bored! The service is excellent, the location, rooms and pool are beautiful. It is really good value considering that you get not just the cleansing drinks, yoga, accommodation, etc, but also the massages and treatments all included in the price. In comparison with other retreats, it is really nice not to be stung with any extras.

I really liked how programmed things were and how organised everything was, and the Asian excellent service. Recommend taking your own DVDs for entertainment and do expect light headaches - especially if you are coming off caffeine and alcohol.

I would recommend the snorkelling - a very gentle bit of exercise when you are doing the detox.

My skin glowed for a few months after the detox, and the weight loss was maintained for a long time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank walkeasysophie
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have been back 2x and the recent trip was just this month.

This is a little place with 4 villas & 1 two bedroom villa with a full set of staff to look after your every need.

This place is not for the faint-hearted as it is intensive detox with fasting & total internal cleanse program. Check out their website at www.theretreatbali.com before booking in as this is not an ordinary holiday.

Everytime I pop over, I leave totally relaxed, refreshed & rejuvenated & a few kilos lighter.

Villas are well cared for & bedroom is on the 2nd storey of the villa. Rain showers in all villas and hot water is plenty. AC is also avail in all villas.

All villas have steps and is not for those who have bad knees as it will prove inconvenient.

No wifi & mobile phone access is available. There is also no TV programming. There is a small library of books & DVDs available so do bring your own.

Location is remote. It is a good 3 hour drive from the airport to the north eastern point after Mt Agung.

On the other hand, if you are bored, you can book a fishing boat take you snorkeling at the nearby japanese wreck or the coral islands at a reasonable price.

Do be prepared to go offline at this resort but it is worth it. Will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo