“Great hotel with professional diving with great food and services!”
Review of Amed Dive Center

Amed Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amed Dive Center is a registered PADI Dive Resort (Resort No.: 6771) and uses the PADI scheme for all its dive courses.PADI teaching material is used and original PADI dive certificates are issued for all successful participants in our dive courses.
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great hotel with professional diving with great food and services!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent a lovely week at the hotel and diving, doing my advanced SSI.
Beach front, relaxing, great food and staff. Facing the ocean, with great view on the mountain agung every morning!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeibi2014

• Indonesian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Kinda like flying...open water diver course sea adventure”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had been living in Vietnam for a year (2007-2008) and met up with my best friend from the States to do this diving course in September 2008. I had it recommended to me from someone in Vietnam and I'm really glad we went. We were the only 2 people in the class and so we got lots of one on one attention. The package included the hotel next door and some meals. We were very pleased with the price and felt it was the coolest thing we ever did. One of the dives was a US ship wreck off the coast of Bali and it was amazing! Everyone was very polite and I feel Bali is one of the most tourist friendly places in SE Asia you can travel to. The instructor was super cool and we felt we got top notch service all around...sorry we did not visit in Feb 2013, but tripadvisor wouldn't let me choose the correct date we went...

Visited February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cairo, Egypt
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“good dive operation with nice house reef”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Amed Dive Center - is only few steps from our room. They use a wooden boat with cover and ladder; larger and much more convenient than using outrigger Jukung (small wooden fishing boat, just enough to put your butt) which is typically used by most of diving operator in the area. The drawback, they only have one boat; so the dives selection will have to compromise with other divers or snorkeler, if any.
The resort's house reef - Ghost Bay, is located right on the front of our room, is an artificial reef with small sculptures made of bottles, wheels, concrete, terracotta pots, steels, wood trunks etc. No colorful and healthy corals; but it is a wonderful place for underwater macro photography. The dive site is gentle slope and flat bottom with some steep slope in places.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank wisnu315
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Terrific Dive & Holiday Experience”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

As our Indonesian diving holiday neared an end we enjoyed the gentle sea breeze and looked out over the Lombok Strait from the Uyah Amed resort restaurant. 7 nights and 14 dives at Nusa Lembongan (15km off the Bali coast East of Denpassar) and then 7 nights and 10 dives at Amed on the NE Bali coast. Lembongan was 'average' by very high tropical diving standards but Amed diving is fantastic. Each Amed dive was a constant stream of things to see and photograph. Our last dive here was a 2 hour shore dive over black volcanic sand over which were scattered artificial structures that have attracted all sorts of creatures - dozens of Moray Eels, Lionfish, clams, Frogfish, Leaf Frogfish, the usual hordes of tropical fish, many varieties of shrimp (fascinating in their delicate structure and vibrant colours), pufferfish, Porcupinefish etc, etc, etc. I even followed a hunting Moray in 1.1m water as we were about to exit. We also saw many blue-spotted stingrays, Stonefish and, on the previous dive that day (1:50 hrs), a Great Barracuda at very close range. Plenty of Hawkesbill Tutles to be seen too. Most of our Amed dives have consisted of us trying to catch up with all the creatures pointed out by our brilliant, keen-eyed and passionate dive guide, Lena, who made this part of our trip into something very special indeed. All in all, a very satisfactory two weeks.
The dive centre attached to the resort is run by Lena (diving with her is like diving with a best friend who is just as passionate about diving as you are) whose cheerful and helpful staff make diving with them a breeze. Dive sites are fairly close to the resort and reached via their smallish boat launched from the beach at the resort. The small boat and the beach launch could compromise diving in poor weather and this very small flaw is the only reason I don't give a top-of-the-line rating. If I could give a score of 99/100, then I would.
I would add that the Uyah Amed resort is also a great operation. Friendly staff, good food, a restaurant you could laze around in all the time you aren't diving, good price, nice clean rooms etc etc.
I am highly recommending this dive centre / resort package to folk back here in Adelaide, South Australia. Especially to those with a passion for macro photography.

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank YellowFinner
“Every thing I could've dreamt of”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Genuinely friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure I had just the best time ever. The location was stunning. The diving was exceptional. Costs more than reasonable.

Visited September 2013