Blue Moon Villas
US$122
US$18
US$79
Agoda.com
Alami Resort and Restaurant(Amed)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$26
Agoda.com
All reviewskomang johnthe penthousejohn's restaurantocean front suiteroad noiseinfinity poolstunning viewsthe clifffishing boatsopen air showeroverlooking the sealight sleepereach morningfresh seafoodwatching the sunrisesnorkeling gearbalinese style
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed in Blue Moon Villa from the end of December 2011 to the first week of Jan 2011 (total 8 nights) in Blue Ocean Villa. The pool is just right in front of the Blue Ocean Villa, so it was kind of a private pool for us. Service is really good, all the staff are very friendly and helpful. They arranged car pick up to restaurants and spa where we would like to go to. Putra, one of the staff kindly brought us suckling pig and we had it heated for our last dinner with 'urab' and sambal matah from the kitchen. Breakfast is good, it's not too heavy. I always had special request to make the fried rice or the fried noodle as spicy as I wanted it to be.
The beach is only 2 minutes walk. Very nice and quiet. Snorkeling gear is available. Big thanks to Komang John and his staff Ni Luh, Wayan, Nengah, Putra, Komang Alit and others. They are very nice people!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ayojalanjalan
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed here with a friend in the low season and had an amazing time. The rooms were simple, airy and clean and we had an amazing view of the pool and beyond to the ocean and sunrise - heavenly. The staff were very attentive, particularly the chef, who proudly cooked us some of the most delicious food we had in our time in Bali. A haven!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 890nicolek
Reviewed 6 December 2011

After spending much time with the likes of Sanur,Kuta,Legian .I decided to take on a more isolated,peaceful and quaint area for our Bali holiday in June 2010.I guess I needed a break from the predictable sightseeings and the no fancy restos at that time and my main intention with my small family is just pure Chillax...chill and relax..We did our geeky research here on Tripadvisor and we found Amed. Now the school term has ended,I found time took a while to pen this down, it might be a span of a few months can actually,but then this is the best remembrance i have captured about the Blue Moon Villas.

this property is perched on top of a hill …and its quite close to the edge of the Island ..and if you can imagine…a few meters.... the BIG BLUE OCEAN...the view in my limited english,...is absolutely stunning..i just cannot explain it to you....i remember waking up each morning greeting the sea ...in such a manner where i can really see the whole extend of the sea....i have done some beachfront holidays but this one is different...if youre a photographer you will love this place ..bring your wide lenses...you will be amazed.....the way the sun breaks out of the horizon…I told myself any woman would marry me with this kind of spectacular view.The spectrum of light when it marries the horizon..oh my word…insane..beautifull…… Anyways..this is truly a rural..peaceful place,something like koh phangan before it was koh phangan... It reminds me of Amalfi...Depending where your room is , i went for the Blue Paradise garden suite...And theres this rustic kampung charm that surrounds it.The people around you are as Balinese as they can be…infact this is one of the remaining Balinese villages…slow touched but largely untouched by commercial tourism. theyre the more refined villagers...,friendly without assuming…really nice people…down to earth…and quite conservative too…i am not sure about westerners ,but I’m Asian and my Asian wife was wearing shorts as we're out to the beach.....and me understanding Indonesian...i suppose its something theyre not comfortable with..local girls hardly wear shorts in Amed.thats besides the point.. still its all BEAUTIFUL here… heheheh

Infinity pool is amazing... look at my pictures k…

Food:
Food was alright. The inhouse resto has a wide menu and the food is average.it is good.but i have tasted better around bali... you can rent a bike to get food from other places..but there isnt a huge selection to begin with...the roads are rather hilly...if ur on a bicycle..and youre hungry i suggest that you just have a meal at the in house restaurant...

Wifi:
If youre reading this, i am sure wifi is your main concerned.if not for the fear of having a term vacation before the workyear starts again, you would have sat at home on the computer..Just like me ...lol...anyway, the internet here is slightly terrible... theres wifi but theres no internet.. but dont let tech addiction get in the way of your holiday.Intermittent breakdown on the wifi signal.. no wifi in the rooms ,only in cafe

Point to note: Amed is rural area. Not much development here...but that was what attracted me here..if the intend is to chillax then this is the place to be...Before i forget theres a beach near to the premise...bring ur snorkeling gear…there is something amazing about that site.. swim about 200m …something is waiting there..its beautiful…anyways its close to nature..no mosquitoes but be prepared for some creepy crawlies in the bathroom

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank melayu
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Surprisingly for Bali there was no warm welcome - in fact including our driver we were all greeted with disdain.
Our Blue Angel Oceanfront Suite was across the busy road from the main resort. I think there were three suites - ours was on the far right. As far as accomodation goes it was just ok - on a par with an average motel room in Australia lacking any quality. What the Blue Angel suites offer though is a fantastic view - but that’s it. There is a distinct lack of privacy between the adjoining Villa’s terrace - it was most disconcerting to plonk myself down on the daybed on the terrace early in the morning to look up into the eyes of my next door neighbor on his daybed watching me, and if the curtains weren’t drawn he could see right into our bedroom. Note also that the pool is right in front of the other two Villas ( not ours) which as I said is to the far right and there was a feeling that we were intruding to use the pool and surrounding area.
The other downside to the Blue Angel is that to get to the beach you have to walk down the road a bit and then down some steep steps - whilst I was aware of this I hadn’t considered that it is a very hot scramble back up ...
After having a few meals in the restaurant ( and they were very good) it seems that one needs to be a regular at the Blue Angel to receive friendly service.
For the above reasons we cut our stay short - receiving a very chilly checkout indeed ....

Room Tip: For a couple who weren’t fussed too about the beach for a lovely stay I would recommend staying in either of the other two villas for a fabulous view and a lovely pool out the front of your villa - it just didn’t work for us!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flyingstars
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed in the Blue Angel Ocean Front Suite, which was comfortable, clean with a great outdoor shower and views of the sea from the terrace outside. We woke each morning to the beautiful sight of hundreds of fishing boats with colorful sails coming in the shore after a night of fishing.

We were the only guests in the Blue Angel rooms and had the gorgeous infinity pool to ourselves each day. The Blue Angel rooms are the newest at the hotel and are located across the street from the restaurant. Blue Moon Villas is located in a rural area but was just what we were looking for. We took walks each morning, visiting the fishing villages that dot the area.

Service was casual but good. The mie and nasi gearing were among the best we had in Bali. Otherwise the food was good but not great. However, we dined at Baliku down the road from Blue Moon one night and thought the food at Blue Moon was better.

A lovely spot for a getaway and near lots of great snorkeling and diving.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple