“If u looking 4 luxury this is right place”

The Griya Villas and Spa
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Amed
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Its more than unique resort its amazing place , about hospitality they r very friendly nd lovely staff every one of them without exceptions they are all great <3 I miss them all , it was wonderful vacation between them I spent 9 days 8 nights @ villa number 2 , it was like adream being there :-) d resort 've a wonderful spa anybody go there should try it , they 've also awesome restaurant on the main pool with excellent chef I cant describe how he's professional actually I gain weight because of his delicious cooking :-D , also they 've a gym u can do ur workout anytime , there's agreat bar on d top of the restaurant its amazing to spend time up relaxing nd enjoying ur drink in open air, d resort managing everything during staying there like ( trips through d village nd anywhere u want to go with tour guide or even alone renting resort's car or bikes , also arrange diving with best diving centers in bali ) about the location its perfect sea view with a mountains covered by nature ( green trees and plants ) and the Important thing watching the sunrise every morning from ur own villa it was remarkable , about privacy its excellent each villa designed to offers 1000000% privacy with a wounderfull privet pool , words its not enough to explain how that resort is awesome nd unique , one thing anybody could complain about it which is d place is faraway from airport kindda 2:30 hours !!!! I know I was not comfortable with that before I go there but ....1▶ d resort offered picking up service from d airport if u asked for that and its totally much better that takeing a taxi , 2 ▶ d 2:30 hours will pass like 2 mnts , coz u'll not turn off ur camera nd miss recording everything by taking pics nd videos for this unique nature its amazing I called it ( heaven on earth ) <3 nd d end I just want to say miss u all guys there Spically d sweet lady d manger ROMA nd all d staff there I consider them all my lovely friends Spically Candraa ♥ looking for my next vacation wz u again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
TheGriyaManagement, Manager at The Griya Villas and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you so much for being your guest at The Griya Villas and Spa and we are so happy to hear that your holiday was enjoyable with us. We will inform your kind comments to our spa and to our chefs in the restaurant. This kind of comments will definitely make our staff proud and they are even more determined to make our customers feeling pampered on their holiday at The Griya.

As you mentioned, trip from the airport to The Griya is somewhat long, but at the same time it is a first change to see the life of the local villages in Bali. Usually all tourists make this kind of trips anyway to see the real Balinese environment, even if they stay in South Bali. You got the glance of it already when coming from the airport to The Griya:-)

Thank you and we look forward to meet you again at The Griya Villas and Spa!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I would highly recommend The Griya Villas and Spa in Amed. I spent 4 nights there on honeymoon and it was spectacular from beginning to end! The staff were all incredibly friendly, the villas absolutely breathtaking and the food was delicious! Thank you again Budi and the family at The Griya for a very memorable holiday, we can't wait to come back and visit soon

Room Tip: Villa 13 had stunning views of the bay and had the best pool!
Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for selecting The Griya Villas and Spa for your honeymoon destination and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We were very honored to have you here as our guests and especially happy that we could make your honeymoon vacation memorable! We look forward to welcoming you at The Griya soon again:-)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at another property in Amed but were recommended the Gryia for an evening meal. It turned out we visited the place everyday during our stay, had 2 massages there, three evening meals and used the infinity pool to relax in the sunset before our meals.
WHAT WAS GREAT
The people, from the reception people to the restaurant staff, every one is generous with their smile, their time and attention. Everyone’s focus is to deliver a fantastic customer experience and they are doing great at that. Reception staff went out for ten minutes to get us a pack of playing cards one day. Everyone was most gracious and helpful.
The view from the top veranda is breathtaking. The day beds wonderful if you feel like a cuddle while you sip you cocktails. Candles are lit as dusk settles over the hills and the place takes on a most romantic mood.
The food was great except the tapas which may appear cheap but were not very tasty and trust me we tried almost everyone of them. The a la carte menu items were very generous and delicious. The cocktails were fantastic – I tried most of them and our favourite was in the dessert cocktail- last on the list: Solero.
The pool is clean and warm even in the evening. You may have your drink served at the pool bar whilst you sit in the pool.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER
The view from the infinity pool is sadly blocked by two ugly buildings and I would suggest the hotel seeks to create a tall fence of some sort to hide the nasties. However the views are still beautiful over the hills.
Spa staff are young and pretty, soft in manner but clearly have very little experience in massage. They also engage in talking and giggling throughout the massage which is pretty frustrating when one is trying to relax. This need to be addressed with appropriate training provided.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Although we didn't stay at The Griya Villas, we did use it's facilities extensively, with cocktails (happy hour from 4-7), pool, restaurant and spa. Cocktails and pool were excellent, food at the restaurant was mostly good, with tapas the only disappointment but spa was overpriced for a service which was slightly unprofessional (masseuses talking amongst themselves while performing treatments). Overall though a nice place to hangout if you want to relax.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Griya is one of the best properties in Amed. The villa's are beautiful and private with all the amenities you could ever need. The pool side restaurant serves inventive and very tasty cuisine. The rooftop bar is a great place to relax with a cocktail and watch the sunset.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had been recommended to The Griya Restaurant as being the best restaurant in Amed. I have no idea of the name of the restaurant at The Griya but we had drinks on the roof & then opted to have dinner up there as well. Staff were really nice & not intrusive.
The meal was excellent & drinks, desert & coffee were great.
We did not stay here but the villas looked terrific & seemed very quiet.
Parking was easy & we just drove up the driveway & parked at the main level.
The only issue is that the stairs need a rail on the mountain side as I nearly fell onto the next level.
This is a great place & well worth a visit. It was expensive but no more than you would reasonably expect for such quality. Wow, the pool & pool bar looked great.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Back in Griya. My first visit was before official opening and main restaurant and recreationall facilities where not there yet. On that visit the villas and tranquility of the location blew me away so visit back to see it all ready was just waiting to happend.

Service: someone in top management had decided to but really big amount of work on training the staff. In some of the staff members you can still feel the tense of newly trained professional to be, but the devotion to serve you better than no one else in Indonesia shines through - amazing. Note, my yard stick is service profession in Indonesia.

Main building with two fantastic restaurants are stunningly decorated and cozy. Food is seriously good. I asked how they got so good and how it is possible that they have so wide selection of home mades I was revieled that behind off all this is European chef. The point I would look again is the number of different small steps, levels and even opening in the floor at restaurant that made me almost tumbling over couple of times.

Roof top bar is a real stunner at sunset. Talking about sunset, we took a boat ride in local fisherman's catamarine to see sunset from the see. We hit in middle of the pack of dolphines - huh, so cool.

Spa service is polite, fasilities clean and well organized. Massage is still a bit "robotic" - school massage. I wish that team will relax a bit and focus more on person treated than trying to perfect every move. I know team is new and surely motivated to suprise me on my next visit.

More after next visit. Yes, I'm going back. I like to be pampered and The Griya is perfect for romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Take a note that villas are on steep slope. Ask for lower level rooms if you feel that climbing the...
2  Thank Sakalio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
Blue Moon Villas
2 mi away
Nalini Resort
Nalini Resort
#4 of 23 in Amed

Been to The Griya Villas and Spa? Share your experiences!