All in all we liked the place but there were shortcomings we'd like to share.
Mind that there are many houses that the family rents, so who knows which one you choose.
There were two couples visiting. Husband and me would still advise this place if the negative part of our comment doesn't bother you. The second couple was slightly less happy with the stay. And our family after returning to the island also chose to pay more and stay at another place. But we remember Joli Homestay with gratitude!
* the host and his daughter and the rest of the family were very friendly and helpful, even provided us with baskets of hot water when we needed it (it's pretty typical and o.k. that the rooms don't have hot water);
* the location - it's very quiet here, you don't suffer from the noisy main road;
* clean and neat rooms with comfortable beds and fans instead of air conditioning;
* the price was really cheap, 8 dollars for a house with simple breakfast - in May, low season;
* the garden is beautiful and peaceful;
* a safe place with safe people.
* we experienced lots of trouble with the insects, more than you usually do in a good bungalow on Bali, and it disturbed us, especially when it lasted for 2 days. After we complained the hosts started treating our rooms with more "baygon", and it helped a lot! And the second couple moved to another house where they didn't have this problem at all;
* an unplesant part was when we went to Pura Besakih with one of the host's son, the young man who is a good driver but whose company we didn't quite enjoy because he kept telling very obscene stories. We actually agreed to do this trip with him - rather than with other drivers we had met - out of mere politeness towards the host. And we did so on one condition - that the car would be big enough for our tall men, but the car was very small and not comfortable at all for a long ride of 5 people;
* the area that you need to pass to get to Joli Homestay was pretty dirty and smelly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay with us at our beautiful place in the midst of trees and nature. We are situated in a quiet sides treet away from the noisy traffic of the main street. Our homestay is just a 3 minutes walk away from Jemeluk beach one of the best places for snorkelling, diving and freediving in Bali. Grap your snorkelling gear and have a look at the colourful underwater world. It's really worth it. Or go for a fishing trip with us. Our staff is more than happy to inform you about activities and organise them. Our clean, spacious and bright rooms are equipped with double-beds, cold-water-showers and fans. Each room has a private terrace with a beautiful view into the green garden. We can serve your breakfast there if you wish to. We offer cleaning service on request - just let us know when you feel that your room has to be cleaned. Following you find our price list: Low-Season (January - June): 120.000 IDR Mid-Season (September - December): 150.000 IDR High-Season (July & August): 250.000 IDR We are looking forward to meeting you :D ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Joli Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Joli Homestay Amed, Bali