“Mix feeling !!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jukung Dive
Ranked #19 of 46 Tours in Amed
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jukung Dive Bali in Amed is a 5 star PADI Gold Palm dive resort that offers the highest quality and safety standards in diving on Bali.Divers of all levels are welcome at Jukung Dive Bali for an unforgettable diving experience to the best dive spots of Bali; The US Liberty shipwreck at Tulamben, Gili Selang, Amed Wall & Jemeluk Wall, Tulamben Drop Off, Monkey Reef, the Japanese shipwreck, the drift at Bunutan, muck diving at Seraya, Coral Garden at Tulamben, Alamanda and Batu Kelebit where the lava flow is still visible, Emerald and Mutiara to name but a few. For all Padi diving courses and introductions we use our own two instruction swimming pools, which are built specifically for dive trainings. After your dives and courses you can also relax and enjoy the unique atmosphere at the pool or restaurant & bar.NOTE: Jukung Dive in Amed Bali is not to be confused with Jukung Bali and is not affiliated to them in any way. We have now 10 bungalows available with Sea-View
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Paris, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Mix feeling !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

All the local staff there were so helpful charming and sweet !! Our dive master (Wayan) was so nice and patient, one of us never dove before and wasn't feeling comfortable at all, despite that he made him feel relax and helped him out through his first dive !!!
Thank you to all the local people working there :-)

On the other hand the only foreign dive master / manager (Reinier) was exceptionally rude, talked to me in Dutch because Theo is a Dutch name ?!?! (by the way Theo is a Greek name) didn't bother to say hello, was totally unfriendly and gave us a nasty attitude... The owner should promptly take action on this kind of behaviors since having a business implies a smile, to make divers feel welcome, a little warmth and definitely not someone buzzing around while being rude to new customers and staff.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TheoSalvador
maarten v, Owner at Jukung Dive, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Yes,I adressed Theo in Dutch because I thought he was (Theo is a very common name in Holland).I directly offered my apologies for this mistake,but I am willing to do it again now .

No,I do not address my guests and staff as described by Theo in his review.Our divecentre would not have the reputation that it has since 12 years.The same goes for the positive atmosphere and the quality we offer.

I advise Theo if he feels uncomfortable to speak out straight and directly and not afterwards behind someones back !

The atmosphere

broome
“fantastic experience at jukung dive east bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I completed an open water dive course at jukung dive, a dutch owned and operated highly professional company. in January 2013. I was recommended to this dive company by a friend from Australia who had also completed the course two years earlier. It was fantastic. My dive master Siddarta, was so cheerful, patient and good humoured and totally professional. As it was low season, there were only 2 people doing the course for those 3 days. which was a bonus for me as I was a complete novice and quite scared actually. My fears completely dissipated under the cheerful, happy direction and tuition from Siddarta. and the friendliness and patience from my new friend Sasha who was my diving companion doing the course with me. All equipment was first class. Service was excellent. Delicious Lunch was provided each day, transport to the various dive spots at Tulamben was a all arranged. It was a walk in from the shore dive course onto the Liberty wreck at Tulamben and there are also boat dives available. I was unable to stay at the very comfortable resort which has 2 rooms available, but had easily found my own excellent accommodation which abounds in the small pretty, natural, coastal village town of Amed. I did not book anything online,as I just travel spontaneously and just arrived in Amed, looking for Jukung Dive. Im sure if you want to book and be organised , jukung arrange all your travel needs from Kuta to Amed. Staff from Jukung offered to pick me up each day for my 3 day course, but I also hire a motorbike while there , so transport was no problem. The course was a truly wonderful experience- it was so uplifting- I had a sensational time and was so happy that I had accomplished it. My greatest thanks go to Siddarta for his friendly, happy outlook and excellent tuition skills. Highly recommend. Mary from Broome Western Australia.

Visited January 2013
Male
“Diving Instructor from Maldives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I discovered Jukung Dive few years ago through a round trip done with my family. I did at that time only 4 dives. Since that day I can not go away from them, everything is perfect ! Amazing dives ! Amed wall is one of the best dive spot for macro photography. And it is just in front of the doorstep.If you dive from shore or from Jukung, Safety is there and the team is perfect. Rainier & Maarten and as well all the team makes you come back. Also mentionned in other review, the equipment is well maintained and in good conditions. The team is fexible and goes on request too. Now Jukung Dive got some bungalows too, which makes your stay unforgetable.
I just say in two words : Highly recommended
I will be back this year again and do my usual 11 to 20 dives. Guys see you soon and thanks to all of you.

Visited June 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Jukung dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This was a fantastic experience. The staff is very helpful and English (also Dutch) speaking. I got a free refresher dive in their pool just to make sure all was ok.
In general they are very attentive and flexible about anyone's specific needs with tailor made services for each customer.
There are some very nice diving spots including a big shipwreck in shallow water and lots of coral. also you can explore the sea right in front of the resort.
Equipment is all in top condition, so no worries there.
Kitchen is very nice as well, especially the rijsttafel (assorted bites).

Definitely worth another visit!

Visited October 2012
Groningen, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Diving every day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Jukung Dive is a very professional, relaxed and organized dive center for all types of divers. Great sites and wonderful food make for a perfect day for everyone.

I have been diving at Jukung Dive since july 2005. I just got my padi at different diving school and Jukung dive (at the time Euro Dive) was a great help. I was only twelve years old and they made me really enjoy the dives in a very relaxt manner.
I have been coming back every year. I got my specialty at Jukung dive, which was great fun. They offer excellent service and great equipement. All the Dive masters are very profesional and know the dive sites by heart.
Since 2011 I started staying longer at Jukung Dive. Making dives every day is a great experience and really saw how organized the crew operates. They make sure you have a nice dive; whether it is your first dive or you have seen it all, Jukung Dive will offer you something new.

Visited July 2012