“One of the best in Bali”
Review of Gusto Resto

Gusto Resto
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Amed
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small restaurant with special meals and drinks in a friendly atmosphere. The location is in a sweet fishing-diving village on the eastern point of Bali. The delicious food, the amazing panorama and the homemade specialties are what we guarantee. The only place in the are where you find home made pasta and several other Italian dish. Free pick up service available.
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We spontaneously stopped there and were initially hesitant because we were the only guests. But we were welcomed warmly by the owners and I tasted the best Opor Ayam I ever had in Indonesia. Prices are about the same as other restaurants in the area but the quality is much better than anwhere else! Although we went there on our second day as well, we did not try the European dishes but our European Amuse Gueule was delicious.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Walked into a gorgeous restaurant that felt like a lovely home. The owner was there to welcome us with a friendly smile. The service began with a free canapé of fresh home made bread and eggplant cream. I had the Goulash which was yummy and my friend had the crumbed chicken. Our kids also enjoyed their Indonesian choices. Dessert erupted with a chocolate volcano eruption. Happily recommend it.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

how lucky to find this restaurant!
I decided at the last minute to go to the Amud areas to do some scuba diving, not to far from my condo was this lovely restaurant. I enjoyed the meals so much I went back 2 more times. The atmosphere, prices and food was spot on for me. Every dish I had was wonderful and I recommend you try the restaurant on your next stay.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The owner is from hungary and he is a gracious host. Gusto both local and European cuisine, at sensible prices. The Goulash was very good, the chicken Kiev was excellent. The banoffee dessert was also delicious. Bruschetta had gone a little bit soggy, but flavours were nice.

Pleasant dining area, nice views over looking the sea, and it was conveniently close to our hotel (Puri Wirata).

The host kindly gave me a packet of Hungarian paprika to take home - very much appreciated, as good paprika is hard to come by in South East Asia!

If Gusto was in Seminyak I perhaps wouldnt rate it a "5". But it is not - this is Amed not Seminyak, and good international food is hard to come by in Amed. Reflected by the fact that the owner sources his meat from Sanur, not the local market. They are really making an effort to deliver delicious food, and for that they deserve a 5!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

From recent trip to amed, I found that this restaurant is offering different kind of foods beside the usual (you;ll find out the usual once arriving in Amed).

Moreover, the price is easy on the wallet considering the food being serve is taste good and in good portion.

my kids love the goulash that they wanted to eat there again the next dinner. the appetizer that comes free with the order is also good and fresh.

Restaurant is clean and pretty intimate.

I will definetely stop by again when we back to Amed.