“Great Place to Stay in Amed”
Review of Apa Kabar Villas

Apa Kabar Villas
Ranked #10 of 92 Speciality Lodging in Amed
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I've stayed at Apa Kabar a number of times over the last few years both with my family and by myself. It's a really great place to stay in Amed; the rooms are comfortable, the grounds are nice, the pool is great, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The two bedroom villas are good for a small family.The hotel restaurant is also very good and there are other good restaurants within easy walking distance. Snorkeling just off the beach in front of the hotel is very good too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My buddy and I came to Amed specifically to dive and snorkel. We chose Apa Kabar because we had friends who stayed there last year and raved about it. I have to say I agree with their appraisal.

We were out most days experiencing some wonderful world class diving. So, when we came back to the hotel, w wanted to just chill out and relax. The beautiful pool with the waterfall was a nice spot to have a beer and watch the evening fishing boats arrive on the beach. Truly paradise.

We made quick friends with staff and had some fun getting to know them.

Overall, I had no complaints and would certainly recommend ApaKabar to most anyone who wants to be on the beach on a cozy relaxed, super friendly atmosphere. I plan on returning someday!

Room Tip: The 3rd Villa is what i suggest for you
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I wish to say that we really loved our time at Apa Kabar. From the gracious staff to the delightful cottage, to the beautiful pool and gardens, it was all quite delightful.

We snorkeled right in front of the hotel every morning and it was so beautiful to experience. We also went to the nearby Japanese shipwreck which was fun, too!

We thought the food at their restaurant was very tasty and very reasonably priced for that level of quality. The service was good too.

Our cottage was oceanfront and delightful, cool, and clean, with a large comfy bed.

Room Tip: The corner room near the pool is better among those villas there. You could see sunset and sunrise u...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mark adam J
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We spent 7 nights at Apa Kabar this past September and loved every minute there. The cottage we had was clean and comfortable with lovely artwork on the walls. We really loved the upstairs balcony where we would sit and enjoy the view of the beautiful sea.

Everyone there was so friendly and nice to us. We will miss the staff. They helped us rent motor bikes, go snorkeling, and tour temples. We felt like we learned so much from them. Truly caring people!

We both want to come back someday and spend more time.

Room Tip: We both recommend the 3rd room. Its much accessible to everything
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Having previously only stayed in Kuta, I was surprised and delighted by Apa Kabar villas. The people could not be nicer, friendlier or more helpful. The ocean-front restaurant is beautiful, comfortable and serves excellent, simple Balinese food at a great price. I especially loved their juices/smoothies which were the best I've ever tasted.
We (my partner and I) stayed in one of the one bedroom bungalows. It was well decorated, clean and fully functional, with a lovely ocean view. The four-poster bed was huge and quite comfortable. The staff had the air conditioner running prior to our arrival which kept the room consistently comfortable. We especially loved the bathroom, with a huge private outdoor shower underneath a frangipani tree.
The staff were very helpful and informative, with a wide knowledge of activities in the area including amazing snorkeling right in front of the resort as well as diving and treks. They offer their own mopeds for hire between work hours for 50 000 Rp so you can explore the stunning landscape around Amed on your own.
As well as the rooms being gorgeous, the surrounding grounds are also lush and well decorated, with water features, native plants and little winding footpaths leading to the beach, restaurant and pool (which was a lovely place to relax, read or have an afternoon nap).

Overall, I have no complaints about our stay at Apa Kabar villas, it was well worth the price and I am looking forward to visiting again soon. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla L
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We loved the staff and the location. The staff was not only helpful, they also happily answered all our questions about life in Bali. They made us feel so welcome. The rooms are beautiful villas with views of the ocean and the local fishing boats. (Yes, they leave early but I liked watching them; part of absorbing the local experience, or I wore ear plugs so I wouldn't wake up when they launched their boats). The pool area landscaping is really well done and is a wonderful place to relax in the shade during the heat of the day. The food was simple but tasty. The juices were fabulous. The bathrooms need to be updated and better bath/hand towels, mats and soap would make the place nicer.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

First of all I acquired this Bali vacation package through a charity auction.

PRO -

The staff was very friendly in greeting and helping with bags to the room. Check - in was swift.

Greeted with a refreshing drink (wait, other guests got their drinks - not me...)

The property was lush with a mix of local foliage planted throughout the property. The bungalows and villas are quaint and unique with the feel of the local culture.

We had upgraded to Villa #2 which was oceanfront / and pool side.
Love the pool.
Love the open marble entryway.

The dining room was spacious and clean. Food was very good. Local flavors of true Balinese flavors... I had my breakfast of sunny side egg ups with rice and made to order homemade spicy Balinese sauce. Love that the eggroll wrappers were handmade to order for the fried spring rolls!

CON-
-The drive from the airport was over 3 hrs. long.

VILLA #2 (avoid - unless they fix these problems!)
- Pads for the pool lounges are badly stained.
-The electricity went out periodically during our week long stay.
- Our room and amenities were way out dated/ old / and run down.
- The shower head was rusted and clogged
- The "outdoor shower" was OUT of SERVICE (probably for the last 10 years from the looks of the rust on the pipes)
- My comforter cover was torn.
- The mosquito netting was mildewed stained.
- The shower curtains and curtains in the tub area were mildewed and stained.
- The towels were torn ever so often.
- The Air conditioner went out of service one night
- The oscillating fan was rusted/ dusty / and dirty.
- The stove top was a fire hazard as one part worked and the other was so clogged with rust that it shot flames from the bottom of the stove top.
- Ants in the kitchen sink area
- The middle sitting room needed an over head fan to keep cool... we never used this room as it was always too hot and stuffy to sit ... we just used it as a pass through to our bedrooms.

Overall, I would not stay at this property again. I would go back and say "hi" to all the friends that I made and maybe have a dinner, but I would probably go down the street to stay at Arya Amed. It's fresher, cheaper and cleaner!

Room Tip: Request an oscillating "clean" fan to off set the 24 hr. running air conditioner in your...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends