“Older hotel but very nice, great rate, extremely friendly staff”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Older hotel but very nice, great rate, extremely friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was a bit concerned because of the carpet in the entry way but once you're past that it's very nice. The carpet in the room as well as everything else in the room was very nice. Seems like an older hotel and the wall paper in the bathroom was showing its age but the room and the bathroom were both very clean. Skywalk (no roof) connected to the mall is very convenient. Front desk staff was exceptionally nice. Tuesday night free drinks and hor dourves were fabulous. Great location too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TJinPA
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We highly value our guest's input as you help us to understand our strengths and our areas for improvement. We have starting making several upgrades to the property and have many more to come. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
USA
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Met at the door by friendly manager Bryan, checked in by knowledgeable Adam. Room was clean, Club Lounge nice and cozy. Enjoyed a yummy buffet breakfast. Sorry I didn't get a chance to cross the bridge and check out the mall. Will be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us! Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with a positive and memorable experience and it is always a pleasure to have our associates remembered by our guests for this. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to your return!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stay here regularly when working/performing in Towson, and it's a comforting home-away-from-home for me. Easy to reach from the main road, and the walkway to the Towson mall makes shopping convenient also, if that's your thing.

Front desk staff always greets me warmly, and this past trip, checked me in early.There is a gym here with indoor pool. If I can ever remember my swim trunks, I'm going to try it sometime. Not a large gym, but enough for you to get a work out in while traveling, and it has good sunlight, unlike the "dungeons" other places seem to offer.

I had to make a quick AM getaway this time, and ordered breakfast from room service, which I hadn't done before. Unlike a lot of places that charge exorbitantly for this privelege, pricing here was about the same as the restaurant. Friendly waitress brought a nice hot breakfast right on time. No delay getting it onto my bill either.

This hotel always gives me a nice room at the end of the hall where it's quiet. Worth the hike if that's important to you. Other reviewers seem to need an update is needed. I have never noticed anything tired/old looking in my room, which is ALWAYS quite clean. Bathrooms have an elegant feel to them, and there's never a lack of hot water.

THANKS for another nice respite - see you again in April!

Room Tip: This hotel is a popular spot for weddings/receptions. Ask if one is going on when making a reservati...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mjeffersondc
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments and for making Sheraton Baltimore North your home away from home. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience and look forward to your return. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your time with us more comfortable. Thanks!
brooksville fl
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This facility and staff are second to none. Clean comfortable rooms and staff that treats you like family. I stay at hotels all over North America on a regular basis and find this particular Sheraton to be my favorite hotel.

You will find Gordon, Ernie, Latisha, Jake, Greg, Jason, Anthony, Brian, Richard, Mary and the rest of the staff will make you feel at home and treat you like family!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank russ w
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We work hard to make our guests feel welcomed and at home and when we get to hear back from our guests about how wonderful their stay was it makes all difference. We appreciate you for letting us know how we are doing and we will make sure all of the associates you mentioned get the opportunity to read your comments as well. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We usually stay in very highly rated hotels, and I'd read previous reviews noting refurbishing was needed, so I wasn't looking forward to this stay. However, our room was quite spacious and appeared to be recently updated. Service was very good too, though the parking fees ($9 a night) seem high for a suburban locale. The location is very convenient to shopping, Towson University, Goucher College and area hospitals. It's an easy drive to Towson, a very cute town with more to offer than I'd imagined...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Exceeding our guests' expectations is what we strive to do and we loved your review title and everything you put in it! Thank you for all of your feedback and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to serving your hospitality needs again soon!
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed with this hotel for several times and each time is better than the previous one. The front desk staff especially Ernie, were so helpful and they try to help customers as much as they can even with the remodeling. Great stay. Thanks so much.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community! We are happy to know that you enjoy your stays with us and the Ernie helps to make them more memorable. We will make sure that he sees your very nice comment and thank you for sharing it with us! We look forward to your next stay!
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is our second time staying in this hotel a full week. We experienced an unforgivable/uncomfortable time! First, we are Starwood Platinum members. We expected to be place on the concierge floor. It gives you easy access to the club room for breakfast and evening snack and a computer and printer. However, the concierge floor was under remodeling so the floor was closed. Instead, they gave us daily vouchers for their full buffet breakfast & coupons to go to their hotel restaurant for an evening appetizer which was an inconvenient. I feel that they should have allowed us to order the appetizer from the hotel restaurant downstairs, it be delivered and not be charged any room delivery charge. Each morning that I got the eggs they were cold so I just stopped getting them. The waitresses returned to your table once after bringing coffee & juice to your table if you are lucky. Our last breakfast which was not scheduled to be closed for another hour had 3 totally empty warmers which food was to be in each of them. Our waitress served us our coffee and juice and just totally disappeared as she did each morning. A cook came out the kitchen & returned to the kitchen with a bottle of water. He didn't check the hot food buffet warmers. Unbelievable! Finally, another waitress showed up so I told her that no food was in 3 of the warmers. She opened each warmer and said, oh my God! She too was shocked that whoever job it was to keep food on the buffet obviously had not done their job! I ended up eating a muffin and drinking coffee. Unbelievable! We were on the Club floor, the last corner room which gave us extra space in our room. Some of the curtains & sheers would not all close. The sides of the curtains caused the bright sun to wake us each morning because the end of the curtains did not go around the corner of the drapes. We pulled the end of the drapes over to the side as much as possible then propped my husband shoes on the bottom of the drapes against the wall & it then didn't keep all the sun out. I expected much better accommodations in an expensive Sheraton. In a Sheraton, really! For two nights we had a couple fighting that stayed in the room next to us. The woman was screaming asking the man to stop choking her, someone was knocked against the wall, sound like they were wrestling on the bed then on the floor. It was awful! My husband & I thought that they were children playing in the bed and on the floor at first but then the woman began screaming at the top of her lungs so we then called downstairs & reported what was happening. We were really concerned for the safety of the woman. We waited 15-20 minutes before calling downstairs again asking for the manager because no one came upstairs to check out what was going on in the room next door & the couple was still fighting. That person wouldn't transfer my call to the manager as I asked. Instead, the person said, oh yea, we are "about" to call the police to come check things out. Really! The next day (during daylight), the couple returned to their room and started fighting AGAIN! I called downstairs and told them that as paying customers, we do not deserve such disturbance in a hotel. She asked me, do you want me to check if there is another room available for us to move you? I told her, no, If anyone move and be inconvenient should be the couple that's causing the disturbance and that I preferred they be moved out the hotel. It was day 2 of them fighting & the hotel had NOT handled that situation to completion because had the manager handled it properly, we wouldn't be sitting in our room being scared of what was going on in that other couple's room. We would just jump every time something really loud fall or someone get slammed against the wall. It was an awful experience! These days, bullets fly often and they don't have a name on them! The check in area had some remodeling as well so it was in disarray. The bad thing about it, we checked in on Dec 20 & checked out Dec 28. That couple stayed 2 nights. Yet the hotel manager did not offer us anything for our inconvenience for being disturbed by that fighting couple. They didn't put them out the hotel on the first night. They did nothing but obviously talk with them because they remained in their room. We are so disappointed in this hotel. We paid a daily fee for parking. They didn't even take care of our parking fee. There was a fitness room and an indoor swimming pool. However, the pool was opened early morning for some hours then closed for some hours and then opened again in the evening. It was too confusing so we didn't get a chance to swim either. There are nice restaurants in the area. A very nice big mall directly on the side of the hotel across the start. In the hotel was a bridge way to prevent from crossing the street. The bed was comfortable. The heating system was manageable.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Grace_Baby
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We are very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience with us. After reading what occurred during your stay I am so sorry that I was not aware of this situation while you were still on property. There is no excuse for why you had to deal with the situation that occurred and I promise that follow up and coaching will occur with those associates working during those time periods. While it does not correct what happy now, I do truly appreciate that you brought this to our attention at this time.

As for the club lounge, I apologize that you were not able to utilize the lounge due to the renovations on that floor and will definitely take into consideration allowing the appetizers to be ordered through room service during times like this. Thank you for sharing your idea on this as the comfort of our guests is our number one priority.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the level of service and comfort that you deserve. Thank you again and have a outstanding week.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#27 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!