“It's time for a facelift.”

Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This facility is at least 20 years old, and shows it. The location is perfect if you're looking to be close to Goucher College - and it appears they leverage their location a little too much. I've been staying here because of the Goucher proximity since 1996.

The rooms are in need of a rehab. My club level room had peeling paper, worn furniture, and really worn carpet. Beds are standard Sheraton ware - quite comfortable. The shower was very anemic. Could be a 12th floor issue, could also just be an over aggressive water saver. Regardless, it was frustrating.

The parking situation is the most user un-friendly going. Rather than having a pass to get in and out as you wish, every time a guest comes in they must have their ticket re-validated. It wouldn't be so bad if the validation machine was guest accessible, but it's behind the counter. You got it - if they're checking someone in - you wait. Not efficient or guest centric. Also really unnecessary since the garage is less than 1/3 utilized during non business hours. Just plain goofy.

Location wins here, but I would vote for a downgrade to Four Points and a rehab at this point.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PHXJeremy
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Baltimore North. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely reviewing the comments. We are excited to share that we have started to make many upgrades to the hotel and have just started. Many more are in progress. We hope you will come back to see these improvements. Thank you again for time and for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Every April, a series of dog shows is held at the Timonium Fairgrounds, Maryland. My club has it annual Specialty Show on Friday, the first day of these shows. For the last 5 years or so, the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel in Towson has been the host hotel for the Potomac Cairn Terrier Club. This year our club also hosted the Roving National Specialty Show for the Cairn Terrier Club of America. People from all over the United States and Canada attended both events and the majority of them stayed at this hotel.

Oh, and everyone loved our dogs!

As president of the Potomac club, I get all of the feedback--good and bad. This year everyone who attended both shows extolled the merits of the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. Everyone. The rooms were great--according to one of our Canadian friends. The food was delicious--according to our show judge who hails from Scotland. The bar well stocked and tended by a friendly staff--according to me and two good friends. The catering of our Specialty dinner was top notch! And, the Sheraton moved us to a larger room to accommodate everyone plus plenty of room to display the items for our fund-raising auction.

I didn't mention service in the last paragraph, because it deserves a spot of its own. The staff of this hotel is stellar. There is no other word for it. On day one there was Kerry who worked with us on the contract--and arranged the secret delivery of a floral tribute for one of the club's very special people. Then there was Brett, who arranged the banquet. When I needed to leave some items for someone to pick up later, Ernie made sure they were in the storage room clearly marked for members of the club and one of our visitors from Colorado who need a crate for her puppy. When we forgot directions to the Timonium Fairgrounds to give to our newcomers, Adam printed them while we waited. When we needed something carted to the Hospitality room or when we had 40 people going to a nearby eatery for dinner, Greg was there with a cart or the courtesy van to take us all and bring us back after enjoying a meal with friends. These were just a few of the many things this staff did to make our stay enjoyable and as carefree and stress free as a major event like ours can be.

The Potomac Cairn Terrier Club says a big Thank You! to the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel.

Room Tip: All of the room in which I've stayed have been good. There is plenty of room for me, my wife, th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind review! Our staff works hard to provide each guest with the highest level of service and it is such a pleasure to be able to hear how much one of our guests enjoyed their time with us. You are right, everyone loved your dogs, they were so cute and well behaved. We love that make the Sheraton your home away from home and appreciate the names being mentioned of those staff members who had a positive impact on your experience. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When I book a room at a chain like Sheraton, I know that I will be checking in to a well-appointed room with marvelous beds, good linens and full service restaurants. The property in Towson did not disappoint. Guest rooms and bathrooms are spacious. It is connected to a large mall for easy shopping and dining. Best of all are the friendly staff and free wi-fi. We enjoyed our overnight there and would recommend it to friends.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

It is always a pleasure to learn when we exceeded the expectations of our guests. We put a lot of effort into providing each guest with a pleasant and memorable experience. Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us. We will be sure to share it with the team and we all hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Typical Sheraton that's been around for a few years. Close to major mall and nice restaurants. I'd stay there again on business trip. Comfortable pillows, OK mattress. Food was average. Beer selection pretty good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank haztaz69

We are thankful to you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Guest feedback is so important to us and we are always grateful to see things from the perspective of our guests. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was a bit concerned because of the carpet in the entry way but once you're past that it's very nice. The carpet in the room as well as everything else in the room was very nice. Seems like an older hotel and the wall paper in the bathroom was showing its age but the room and the bathroom were both very clean. Skywalk (no roof) connected to the mall is very convenient. Front desk staff was exceptionally nice. Tuesday night free drinks and hor dourves were fabulous. Great location too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TJinPA

Thank you so much for taking your time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We highly value our guest's input as you help us to understand our strengths and our areas for improvement. We have starting making several upgrades to the property and have many more to come. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Met at the door by friendly manager Bryan, checked in by knowledgeable Adam. Room was clean, Club Lounge nice and cozy. Enjoyed a yummy buffet breakfast. Sorry I didn't get a chance to cross the bridge and check out the mall. Will be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us! Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing our guests with a positive and memorable experience and it is always a pleasure to have our associates remembered by our guests for this. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stay here regularly when working/performing in Towson, and it's a comforting home-away-from-home for me. Easy to reach from the main road, and the walkway to the Towson mall makes shopping convenient also, if that's your thing.

Front desk staff always greets me warmly, and this past trip, checked me in early.There is a gym here with indoor pool. If I can ever remember my swim trunks, I'm going to try it sometime. Not a large gym, but enough for you to get a work out in while traveling, and it has good sunlight, unlike the "dungeons" other places seem to offer.

I had to make a quick AM getaway this time, and ordered breakfast from room service, which I hadn't done before. Unlike a lot of places that charge exorbitantly for this privelege, pricing here was about the same as the restaurant. Friendly waitress brought a nice hot breakfast right on time. No delay getting it onto my bill either.

This hotel always gives me a nice room at the end of the hall where it's quiet. Worth the hike if that's important to you. Other reviewers seem to need an update is needed. I have never noticed anything tired/old looking in my room, which is ALWAYS quite clean. Bathrooms have an elegant feel to them, and there's never a lack of hot water.

THANKS for another nice respite - see you again in April!

Room Tip: This hotel is a popular spot for weddings/receptions. Ask if one is going on when making a reservati...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mjeffersondc
Rebecca A, Manager at Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments and for making Sheraton Baltimore North your home away from home. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience and look forward to your return. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your time with us more comfortable. Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
#2 of 3 in Timonium
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#28 of 67 in Baltimore

Been to Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel? Share your experiences!