“worst than before”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Towson
New York City, New York
“worst than before”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at the comfort inn again because i thought that the renovations might be completed already. well to my dismay not only were the renovations not completed but they put guests on the floors that are being updated. when getting off the elevators the first thing you see is drywall and tiles and other materials in the hallway. why not have guest stay on the other floors? The first room I was given (upon arrival I went to lay down and the sheet had a huge stain and there were no pillows on the bed). I asked for another room. I was given another room two door down. Everything was fine except it was a bit musty. Fine I slept and went to the front desk to check out. Well apparently the repair man was not having a good day. He was complaining at the front desk that the electricians who are doing the work are clueless and that there are lots of loose "hot" wires all around the place and that guests should really complain because the place is not safe for guests> Based on his comments, I decided that I would stay elsewhere the 2nd night. I did. Good luck comfort inn, the staff was nice but rates were raised due to the construction according to the staff but things are worse not better.

Room Tip: Unsure since it is under construction and i wouldnt recommend it anymore
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank shangoodjack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Dirty, peeling paint and wallpaper, internet access worked for about 10 percent of the time, some of the towels actually had holes in them. Everything seemed very old and maintenance seemed non-existent. Walls are paper-thin, you can hear everything in adjacent rooms and everything along the entire length of the hallways. We were in a large group and every single one of our room keys had to be reprogrammed on the second day. There is no excuse for any of this, I'll never stay at another Comfort Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Frank F

Travellers are raving about these Towson hotels

Southern Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

We had an early meeting in Baltimore on the 7th of January. On the 6th we decided that we would drive up that night and stay near the meeting place for ease. I went online and did some research and decided to book this property. Normally, we do not stay at Comfort Inns, but the price ($65) was right and I figured "hey,it's just one night". We arrived at the property around 8pm. First warning sign is the big sign behind the desk advising us to be patient as the property is undergoing renovations (didn't see that on the site, now did I?). Okay, I've worked in hotels and know how it all goes - really should have little or no impact on us, right? Yeah - no! Second warning sign - desk clerk cannot even be bothered to take the ear buds out of her ears or end (heck, even pausing would have been good) her conversation with whoever. While talking to this person, she greets us, talks to the person, signs us in, talks to the person, gives us our room key, talks to the person. We then ride the elevator (a very scary one I might add) up to the 2nd floor. We at first do not know which direction to go, because the sign indicating which rooms which direction is blocked by some construction stuff - another good sign! Okay, we figured it out and headed off. Entered our room - in the dim lights, something in the bathroom caught my eye. As I was reaching into the bathroom to turn the light on to see the dirty towels on the floor, my husband come back into the entry way and says the beds not made up! So, off we go the elevator (again very scary!) and back to the front desk where - you guessed it - the clerk is still on her phone. I felt very bad when I had to interrupt her to do her job. When I told her the room was not clean, her reaction was "Are you sure". Really? Really? While still jabbering away (in a foreign language no less) she swipes our room key back into the machine and hands it back to me without saying anything to me. I had to ask her what our room number was now and she goes "oh sorry, it's....". Beyond this problem and the scary elevators, the overall appearance of the hotel was just ickky. There was a ratty old couch in the main lobby that looked like it should have been gone several years ago - not sitting in the main guest area. There were paint chips and drywall flakes in the carpet of the elevator lobby. I understand when hotels are being renovated there will be some minor issues, but the crews I have worked with took great pride in keeping the public areas of the hotel as clean as possible. Oh yeah - be careful entering your room - the in room safes are actually mounted on a metal stand in the entry way to your room, as there are no closets.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank crookedhalo
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

When i first arrived at the hotel , the front desk associate Harry did not even greet me, i stood at the front desk for about a minute and he finally just asked me what my last name was . I told him and he gave me a room which smelled of mold and the wall paper was coming off. I went back down to tell him and he glared over at me and said "WHAT?!" i told him i needed a new rooom because it smelled of mold and he started yelling at me about how i complain too much about everything. He was SO unbelievably rude. HE finally started calling out room numbers of empty rooms and i picked one. I went to the room and the keys did not work. The next morning i informed Nick about it and he was very polite, understanding, and extremely helpful. I am a frequent customer and i will never stay at this comfort inn again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Katie W
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stay at the Comfort Inn at least twice every month. The location is great and the staff accomodating, but the entire hotel could use some updating. Even their most expensive rooms smell moldy and the overpowering scent of febreeze will send your lungs into spasm. The non smoking rooms smell like smoke and most of the comforters have cigarette burns in them. After my most recent stay I decided that this is probably the last time. Nice people (front desk staff) but the hotel could really help itself by updating the rooms and the linen.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are nicer than the first two levels.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Waxhaw, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I was charged with securing rooms for our high school marching band for an event at Towson University-I found the Comfort Inn to be the most accomodating, best value and close to our venue. I panicked as the harsh reviews rolled in after I signed the contract and sent the money in, and had an earnest conversation with Mindy. It is an older hotel, so maybe not the place for those who need to eat their free breakfast waffle with sterling silver flatware! It was clean, the staff was very friendly, and quick to help with any issue we may have had. The breakfast was more extensive than we expected-it even impressed the perpetually hungry teenagers! So, don't go in expecting the Georges V, (this is Towson), but it was just fine-and not nearly as bad as the reviews would lead you to believe.

Room Tip: If you have any issue, the staff is more than willing to help.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen D
Thomasville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

If you have read any of my other reviews you might notice I do try to understand that Hotel owners have to walk a thin line to be profitable and stand out.

This isn't even going to be close.

Do not stay here, period. The hotel has to have some work desperately and right now, today, September 2011, it is bad!

I will not bore you with the plethora of details, except to say that after asking for a non smoking room, walking down a smokers hall to find ashtrays in the room, and neighboring room with the door kicked in (pictures taken), no working internet after 30 minutes on the phone with "tech" support, trust me, you can do lots better for the same money... just up the road.

To the owners, time to put some money in this place before Choice Hotels Dumps You!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Comfort Inn Towson? Share your experiences!